INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover Art and iPod Classic  (Read 2086 times)

timwtheov

• Galactic Citizen
Cover Art and iPod Classic
« on: November 08, 2011, 01:04:31 pm »

I know I'm probably beating a dead horse here, given how many posts there have been on this issue, but I haven't seen one quite like this.  So here goes . . .

I have a 120gb iPod Classic, software version 2.0.1, with video capability (if that matters), running Media Center 17.0.27, and though I'm able to synch audio files with MC that include cover art, whenever I switch libraries (I had three different ones that I've now combined into one to solve this part of the problem) with the iPod plugged in, or if I unplug the iPod from the computer and then plug it back in, all the cover art disappears, no matter if only MC is open or MC is open with iTunes, or seemingly anything is open.  I've saved the cover art in the file (i.e., "Image in File" in the "View" field), I've checked "Add to Tags" in the "Conversion" section of the Options for "Handheld" when I auto-convert from FLAC/APE/WAVE during a synch.  I have been able to synch multiple times while the iPod stays plugged in and never lost the cover art, but immediately when I unplug it and plug it back in or switch libraries, presto!  the cover art is gone.  

Is it still something with the file sizes of the images, as per the long thread with MC12? Is it just Apple? Do I just need to Export to iTunes? Or use the MCis (?) program prod created? I've spent 2 weeks working on this problem, searching this forum, Googling, etc., and it's driving me nuts!  Thank you for any help.

Pages: [1]   Go Up