INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: V17 Tagging Errors, No Playback [Solved]  (Read 1659 times)

robbie burns

• Recent member
V17 Tagging Errors, No Playback [Solved]
« on: December 05, 2011, 10:31:29 am »

I recently upgraded to JRiver V17 and have had no problems until yesterday afternoon, when i started to recieve tagging error messages all the time, now JRiver will not playback anything from my hard drive, but continually keeps send ing me these tagging error messages can anyone suggest how i put this right as i cant access any music stored on my hard drive

Thanks

Robbie

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: V17 Tagging Errors, No Playback
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 10:37:40 am »

Are the files there?  Hover over an entry in MC to see the location.  Then right click and do "Locate" on disk external.

robbie burns

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 12:46:32 pm »

Even more confused now!, i did what you suggested and its showing the file sitting in the e drive where it should be, but when i go to locate its says file does not exist.

So i went straight to my hard drive open up the file pressed play with j river and it played the track no problem, however, if i try to change to another track  JRiver gives me the same dialogue box saying the file does not exist, along with other continual dialogue boxes saying tagging errors for cds i know is on my hard drive

Stupid question, but should i uninstall JRiver completely and reinstall a fresh

Help!

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 04:01:06 pm »

Are you sure that the directory/naming conventions is exactly the same? Did you accidentally include a "space" character or something else at the end of one of your folders while you were renaming it?

robbie burns

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 10:55:49 am »

Checked file paths etc. again last night and found the problem. The PC was pointing JRiver at the E drive (normally my external drive, where music is stored) but the external drive is now the F drive for some reason i cant quite fathom out.

When i re-installed the libraries pointing JRiver at the F drive, problem solved. Why the PC has changed the drive i don't understand as the PC is only used for music and nothing had changed, but you live and learn and the main thing is i have music

Thanks to all for assistance

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: V17 Tagging Errors, No Playback [Solved]
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 11:20:38 am »

You may have had another device plugged in at the time.  A USB stick, for example.  That's normal Windows behavior.

Thanks for reporting the outcome.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2011, 05:44:14 pm »

Checked file paths etc. again last night and found the problem. The PC was pointing JRiver at the E drive (normally my external drive, where music is stored) but the external drive is now the F drive for some reason i cant quite fathom out.

When i re-installed the libraries pointing JRiver at the F drive, problem solved. Why the PC has changed the drive i don't understand as the PC is only used for music and nothing had changed, but you live and learn and the main thing is i have music

Thanks to all for assistance

Just as a hint, manually changing the drive letter under disk management in the control panel will reserve the drive letter for that specific device. Then you won't run into these types of problems with external or swappable drives.
Pages: [1]   Go Up