INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View background artwork not displaying  (Read 3313 times)

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Getting older every day
Theater View background artwork not displaying
« on: November 09, 2011, 04:46:56 pm »

I have some TV series recorded to my server, and when I view "series" in Theater View, I see an image/cover for the series as a whole, for each series.  It seems to be showing the background.jpg image located in the folder that contains all the subfolders for the actual programs.  The only things in the Series folder are background.jpg, series.xml and subfolders for each season.

This was all created/placed here automatically for me by SickBeard.  All good so far.

I have another Series "Formula 1" that does not show a 'series cover' like the others do.  I added a picture called background.jpg (name exactly matches the ones in other folders) to this series folder, but it's not displaying in Theater View.

I'm not sure what else I need to do, or where else I need to copy this image to get it to display for this series in Theater View.  :P
pretend this is something funny

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
Re: Theater View background artwork not displaying
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 10:39:45 am »

Does anyone know where i need to put a picture to get it to display as the 'series' cover in Theater View?  it's clearly not where I have it curently

mbagge

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 10:42:15 am »

Are there any tags that SickBeard had updated for you, that you should do by hand for your "Formula 1" series ?

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 12:11:14 pm »

No, sickbeard can't find "Formula 1" in my testing.  I'm just trying to get my already stored collection to show a series cover, but it's clearly not pulling the photo I stored in the folder, so it must be pulling from someplace else.

I'm just curious where it's pulling from, so I can move my picture to that location.

rick.ca

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 01:54:25 pm »

Maybe this is the answer...

All of my video covers are automatically imported from Personal Video Database, so I may not understand how this works. But I see there's a Series sub-folder under the Cover Art folder (the location of which you set in Options). I'm sure if you place any image named with a series there, it will be used. As for episode images, I don't expect to see those until a meta data retrieval system is implemented.

The backgrounds would be a completely separate matter, and confusing because Sick Beard and MC getting the same background image from the same source—TVDb.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 03:54:13 pm »

there's a Series sub-folder under the Cover Art folder

Ah, thanks.  I'll check there when I get home.

I wonder if the background.jpg images in the TV\Series folders are being used at all, and if not, I'll turn them off.  Or, perhaps I can figure out how to get sickbeard to put them in the location above instead.

rick.ca

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2011, 04:43:09 pm »

I wonder if the background.jpg images in the TV\Series folders are being used at all...

I don't think so. AFAICT, the program will only download backgrounds and cache them. There's currently no way to force it to use your own backdrop(s). But I'm sure if you have something better that what's available, TVDb would love to have it. If this is the applicable entry for Formula 1, it clearly needs some love. ;)

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2011, 08:32:15 pm »

Yep, the series artwork is in the Cover Art\series folder alright.  However, I seem to have artwork for any/all shows that MC has encountered in the Guide.  I have art for 235 shows, and I only record about 6.  ?

The whole folder only takes 53MB, so not a big deal, but it does seem a bit of a waste to have all of this unnecessary artwork.  There is NO CHANCE I will EVER record, nor care about, nor really every need/want to be reminded about Jerry Springer, yet, I have artwork for that trash program.

Good news is that putting my cover art here (and renaming it to match the Series) did display this cover for me in Theater View.

Thanks for the help.

But I'm sure if you have something better that what's available, TVDb would love to have it. If this is the applicable entry for Formula 1, it clearly needs some love. ;)

They don't have it as a series (nor does SickBeard) find it; but I'm sure that's because it's actually a sport, not a 'normal' TV show.  I just created a blank 680 x 1000 image, pasted the F1 Logo at the top, and a couple of images below, and it's good enough for me.  It seems I need to create an account to upload it, so I'll do that later.

rick.ca

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2011, 01:16:04 am »

They don't have it as a series (nor does SickBeard) find it; but I'm sure that's because it's actually a sport, not a 'normal' TV show.

The record is null, except for the title. It makes me wonder if it exists only because you added it to SickBeard, and then SickBeard queried TVDb. If so, you might not want to continue chasing your tail. ;D

But seriously, I believe it has to be a series, or it will be deleted.

Daydream

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2011, 05:54:52 am »

This sounds like fun :).

Mark it as season 52 or 2011?

First Aired: 1950 (kind of; are there any tapes?)
Air Day: Sunday every now and then
Air Time: Varies by location
Runtime: Depends if the rains; if it doesn't rain it still depends
Network: Take your pick; it's broadcast or tape delayed in 200 countries
Genre: MotorSport (which is probably not a genre in TV classification)

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2011, 09:32:12 am »

This sounds like fun :).

Mark it as season 52 or 2011?

First Aired: 1950 (kind of; are there any tapes?)
Air Day: Sunday every now and then
Air Time: Varies by location
Runtime: Depends if the rains; if it doesn't rain it still depends
Network: Take your pick; it's broadcast or tape delayed in 200 countries
Genre: MotorSport (which is probably not a genre in TV classification)

I use Season=year (2011 currently), since I wouldn't have any idea what season 40 might be, nor do I have any video of it.  I would kinda like to use 01-xxx for season, to be consistent across all Series, but here, it just doesn't work for me.

Day/time: yes, it's different all throughout the year.  The races are "usually" at 2pm local time, but they have move a few of them to evening (and one night race!), so it's pretty 'random' when looking from a fixed timezone

Runtime: Also varies, but about 3 hours of coverage on the BBC currently, including 45-55 minutes of pre-race coverage.  races are limited to 2 hours.  Rain hardly ever affects the race, nor qualifying.

Also, it's really 2 'events' per weekend.  Qualifying on Saturday, Race on Sunday.

I just don't see how this can be put into a 'standard' box; but I'm VERY unfamiliar with TVDb, so ?

I see in the Wiki that they want a show ID from tv.com, which actually shows up as "Formula One", but does not show an ID in the url, as the wiki indicates.

It could pull the dates/times of the races and qualifying from http://www.formula1.com/races/calendar.html, but I have no idea how to make that happen.

I'd like to get this setup, so that SickBeard would grab the videos for me automatically, but I'm not sure the several hours I'd have to spend would be worth it, eventually maybe, if it worked well when finished.

Here is the 'cover' I made, in case anyone else feels motivated do anything with any of this :)

Daydream

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2011, 04:49:06 pm »

I just don't see how this can be put into a 'standard' box; but I'm VERY unfamiliar with TVDb, so ?

It stands to reason that if there was a way, the XBMC crowd would've populated it by now.
There is some custom work done for the races artwork. I'll post it here once I get home tonight.

Daydream

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2011, 03:07:58 am »

This is what I was talking about. Credit goes to somebody on the XBMC forums that I'm too tired right now to look him up. I just changed the images towards a contrasty white background.

And please don't tell me anything about the championship, I haven't watched it since August and, as I DL everything am planning to catch up this week.
Pages: [1]   Go Up