INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there a way to limit the guide in theater view based on tuner?  (Read 960 times)

eapool

• Galactic Citizen

We currently have four tuners for standard OTA antenna.  I just added a new tuner to view directv (Set Top Box).  As expected all the stations show up in the guide.  It can be confusing to see duplicate channels in the theater view.  I have added an - ANT and - SAT extention to the channel names, but I would prefer to create a seperate guide view for each type of tuner.  Is there a way to restrict what is shown in the guide based on tuner or channel name?  I tried a few things using the [TV Tuner Input Type] is ASTC.  I also tried [TV Channel] contains ANT.  Nothing I tried seemed to work, so I thought I would ask if anyone has any ideas what I could try.

Thanks,

Alex

eapool

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Is there a way to limit the guide in theater view based on tuner?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 12:50:26 pm »

Well, I have done some more investigation and it appears that the 'TV Tuner Input Type] field is not populated in the Television Database.  Since the default Guide View limits the info to this database, that explains why that rule didn't work.  I can create a Smartlist using [TV Tuner Input Type] = Set Top Box and it does what I want.  Now I just have to figure out how to get this into the Television database.  If anyone has any ideas, I am open to suggestions.

Alex

eapool

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Is there a way to limit the guide in theater view based on tuner?
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 06:41:04 am »

The [TV Channel] field in the 'Television' database are six digit numbers.  I am guessing that these are pointers back to a table for the channels.  I didn't see away to access this field when I looked at just the channels, so I open a smartlist with a rule that should the 'Television' database only.  From there, I could see the show names and the tv channel pointer.  After a little investigation I found a pattern.  All the antenna channels began with 104 and all the satellite begain with 613.  So, I created a rule in the Guide to limit the items shown to those where [TV Channel] begins with 104.  I also created another view where we only see items where [TV Channel] does not begin with 104.  These seems to work, my standard Guide view now only shows the programs coming from the Antenna and I have a second Guide view that only shows Satellite shows.  The Satellite view is not a grid, I am still trying to figure out how to change the view from a list to a grid, but at least I can now seperate the two inputs.

EDIT - I figured out how to change the views to grid.  Works pretty good so far.

Alex
Pages: [1]   Go Up