INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Latest version broke UPnP to Roku Soundbridge  (Read 2764 times)

Mediahome

• Junior Woodchuck
Latest version broke UPnP to Roku Soundbridge
« on: November 08, 2011, 12:33:21 pm »

I just upgraded to 17.0.31 and I am getting random "Unable to play UPnP song" or "Unable to play SONG TITLE" errors on my Roku Soundbridge.  The interesting thing is that some of these songs were just played previous to the upgrade and sometimes a given track that failed will play if I double click on it to try again.  These files are FLAC and are being transcoded to "Uncompressed" on the fly. This does not occur when playing the same files to a hard wired zone.

It looks like you have been working on the error handling routine.  Previously when you hit an unplayable song in a playlist it threw up a modal dialog on the server and everything stopped.  The bad part of that is that you had to go to the server to figure out what happened.  The good thing is that you could click on the songs around where it stopped to figure out what song was the problem.  I much prefer the new error handling approach but are you logging the errors somewhere?

Matt

Mediahome

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Unable to play UPnP Song
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 11:36:07 pm »

I had all kinds of strange behavior playing to my SoundBridge.  Songs would stop in mid-stream and jump to the next track in the playlist.  Some songs would play to the end and the keep on going - no sound but the track counter would keep incrementing beyond the length of the track.

I gave up and rolled back to 17.0.26.  Anyone else out there having problems streaming to DLNA devices with 17.0.031?

Has this been added to the bug list?

Matt

Mediahome

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Latest version broke UPnP to Roku Soundbridge
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 01:15:23 pm »

Bump!  Anyone else having troubles playing music to UPnP or DLNA devices?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Latest version broke UPnP to Roku Soundbridge
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 01:18:13 pm »

We've found a problem today that could affect this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up