INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yaobing, what are your projects and priorities?  (Read 869 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Yaobing, what are your projects and priorities?
« on: November 11, 2011, 11:24:17 am »

You may not want to answer this (for a variety or reasons I can think of),
but I'm just wondering what are your (JRiver's) priorities regarding improving the TV experience in MC?

I know you are "currently working" on a few problems with the Colossus (and as an owner of one, thank you for making this a priority).

I see lots of feature requests on this thread too. Most seem like good ideas. There's Cable Cards, multi-channel recording, TV-Tuners on Client vs. Server machines, etc., etc.

Are you able/willing to share a little bit about what projects and priorities you are working on (or paln to work on next) to make the TV experience better?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Yaobing, what are your projects and priorities?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 01:38:42 pm »

I don't think we're quite ready to share a worklist.

gtgray

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Yaobing, what are your projects and priorities?
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 12:14:25 pm »

Proper support for Cable Tuners is the only thing that will make MC a real replacement for WMC. Sooner or later JRiver will have to jump in that ocean without both feet. I know TV is not MC's strength at this point but as long as it is not, MC is not really competitive to WMC for the largest audience, The audio centric market is very limited and already pretty well mined.

I am confident JRiver will get knee deep into TV in due time, the recent efforts with the grid EPG in Theater View is an important first step.

Fooling around with the esoteric capture device such as Collusus seems like avoiding the issue. Cable tuners are outselling everything else these days and people buying cable tuners are the most committed to the whole HTPC thing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up