INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library from MC10 to MC16  (Read 1192 times)

triddle

Library from MC10 to MC16
« on: November 12, 2011, 08:13:13 am »

Hello,

I've just puchased MC16, and have my former installation of MC10 still installed. How can I get the MC10 Library into MC16

The "Add Library" function want's me to specify the library file to import. But where are the MC10 library files and wich wxtension do they have.

Thanks a lot

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Library from MC10 to MC16
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 08:19:00 am »

Thanks for your purchase and welcome.

MC10 to MC16 is a big jump.  You can try backing up in MC10 and restoring in MC16.

You might also try installing MC11 and doing the same with it.  If that doesn't work, try MC12.  And so on.

See the FAQ or our wiki for old versions.

triddle

Re: Library from MC10 to MC16
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 11:30:14 am »

Hello and thanks for the advice. I followed it and the Library-Backup-Restore reported success, but the Files were still missing. So i imported them newly and, after I added a similar view scheme in MC16 as I had in MC 10, everything seems to be ok.

I have a view scheme, that uses the keywords property first. In MC10, that included all filetypes, video, audio etc., but in MC16 the file type is used for seperation on top level, so I would have to add my view scheme for every file type. Is it possible, to use my keyword view scheme indepentend from the file type, so I can have audio and video files shown under one keyword??

Thanks in advance, and sorry, if it's a stupid question due to my beginner level knowledge of MC16.

Pages: [1]   Go Up