INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: License portable version  (Read 4413 times)

scubaland

License portable version
« on: November 13, 2011, 04:04:41 am »

Hello,
I bought a license for JRiver Media Center last week.
On my PC, I created the portable version installed, and I wanted to use it from a second computer.
But when I open this portable version from my second PC, he said that the software is not registered.

So I installed the full version, installed the license, and everything is ok at the program: the license is well recognized.
But I still can not open the portable version, I'm on probation.

It is not possible to use a portable version from multiple computers?

Thank you for your help and congratulations on a great software which is finally complete for me:)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: License portable version
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 06:23:00 am »

The portable install can be used to put MC on a portable drive.  It's not intended for use on another PC.  Just do a regular install adn use your Install Key in the first days, or do a restore with your Registration Code after that.  See the Purchase link above for more.

Thanks for the kind words.

Rod Staples

• Recent member
Re: License portable version
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 11:18:00 am »

The portable install can be used to put MC on a portable drive.  It's not intended for use on another PC.

I've just wasted about 6 counts of my licence trying to get this to work. Would it not be wise to put a warning in the install program to tell you that a portable install is not possible for a PC. I'm quite careful about what gets installed on my system, too much bloatware in the past slowing my PC down and making it unmanageable. I always do a portable install if possible.

Hopefully I won't need to upgrade my PC too soon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up