INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to view DVB-T? (or television in general)  (Read 6581 times)

Mikkel

• Galactic Citizen
How to view DVB-T? (or television in general)
« on: November 13, 2011, 04:18:30 am »

Hello,

Sorry if this is a noob question. Tried looking around for an answer but no result, yet.

Problem: I cannot find the play television-button. It doesn't appear in theater-view and I can't find it in the standard view either.

My tv-devices have been found, channels scanned, xmltv is loaded. But nowhere to watch TV.

Could someone please guide me in the right direction?

Best regards,
Mikkel

Mikkel

• Galactic Citizen
Re: How to view DVB-T? (or television in general)
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 04:20:58 am »

Update 1: Figured out how to watch TV in standard view

Problem 2: "Something went wrong with playback". An error appears stating that there aren't enough ressources to execute the action.

Hardware:
Terratec PCI-e Dual DVB-T Tuner
AMD Phenom II X2 240e
4 GB Memory
Onboard GPU
Asus Xonar HDAV1.3 Deluxe soundcard

Mikkel

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 04:29:19 am »

Update 2: TV works: Tried using manual filters for video-decoding - didn't work. Then switched back to Red October Standard. Now it works

Problem 1: Still no TV-button in  theater-view
Problem 3: EPG-data claims it is one day ahead (claiming it is Monday, yet it still is Sunday!)

Mikkel

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 04:37:10 am »

Problem 4: Playing DVB-T Channels with AAC-audio stream freezes the video.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 06:17:59 am »

I cannot find the play television-button. It doesn't appear in theater-view and I can't find it in the standard view either.

My tv-devices have been found, channels scanned, xmltv is loaded. But nowhere to watch TV.
Select a channel or show, press enter or play.  In Theater View, go to Video/TV/Guide, select and press enter.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, 06:19:55 am »

Is your time zone setting correct?

Mikkel

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2011, 01:05:35 am »

Select a channel or show, press enter or play.  In Theater View, go to Video/TV/Guide, select and press enter.

Hi Jim,

Thx for your reply. There is no "TV"-menu under video. Only the Guide. I will try your suggestion later today, though, but as far as I remember if pressing enter in the Guide it jumps to the program description instead of opening the channel.

Regarding time-zone I'll see if I can find the setting (in MC?) and check if it is set correctly.

Do you have any clue about why the mpeg4 channels (they contain AAC-audio stream) won't play?

Best regards,
Mikkel

Mikkel

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2011, 01:57:15 am »

To answer my own question with a question (!): Is it correct that mpeg 4 dvb-t channels aren't supported? Any news on if or when that will happen?

Best regards,
Mikkel

Sandy B Ridge

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2011, 02:27:14 am »

To answer my own question with a question (!): Is it correct that mpeg 4 dvb-t channels aren't supported? Any news on if or when that will happen?
Hi Mikkel

Although I am a JR user like yourself, I would suggest that support for this is imminent. The newest version 17.0.33 works for me for DVB-T2 channels which contain h264 video and HE-AAC audio in a MPEG4 container. It isn't perfect yet, but I can get the channels to play.

Where are you based?

Can you get MC to tune the MPEG4 channels? If not then you can try adding the channel manually (the parameters are usually found somewhere online). If MC tunes OK, but doesn't play the channel, I would suggest you select 'Edit channels' and set the video and audio type manually. There are subtle changes between AAC and HE-AAC (HE is compressed/bitpacked). Can you try a recording of the channel (just a couple of dozen seconds will do - and try both jtv and ts for the recording type) and see if playback of the recording will work.

If the audio/video streams are subtly different where you are to the UK (where I am) then Yaobing may need to tweak the settings a little more.

I will have more time to help tomorrow if you are still stuck.

SBR

Mikkel

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2011, 03:35:57 am »

Thank you very much for your help, SBR.

I'm located in Denmark, Europe.

The mpeg4 channels are tuned correctly (they show up in the channel list) but don't play... or rather, neither video nor audio appears, only a black screen. If I change back to an mpeg2 channel everything works.

I will try editing the video and audio type manually tonight. This seems like the most obvious solution. I'll let you know of any progress.

Sandy B Ridge

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2011, 04:05:19 am »

A temporary solution may be also to right click on the black screen and go to tv options and 'cancel timeshifting'. This may bring the video and audio back. The 'timeshifting'' mode I think will fail if the audio/video types aren't quite what MC expects. Sounds like it will be relatively easy/quick for Yaobing to fix. Part of the problem I think is lack of USA DVB-T channels especially those with 'newer' types of streams for JRiver to test/debug.

Yaobing is very helpful, but may need our help to send him stuff to test.

SBR 

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2011, 09:07:41 am »

Hi Jim,

Thx for your reply. There is no "TV"-menu under video. Only the Guide. I will try your suggestion later today, though, but as far as I remember if pressing enter in the Guide it jumps to the program description instead of opening the channel.

Use Guide to start a channel.

Regarding time-zone I'll see if I can find the setting (in MC?) and check if it is set correctly.

I think Jim meant the time zone on your computer setup.

Do you have any clue about why the mpeg4 channels (they contain AAC-audio stream) won't play?

First check your channel parameters and make sure they are correct.  In Standard view, click TV Options... button, and choose "Edit Channel List".  On the resulting popup window, click the MPEG4 channel that you have trouble with, and see if its parameters are correct, in particular, the video type and audio type.  If you think they are correct and you still have trouble, email me a log.

I am yaobing at jriver dot com
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Sandy B Ridge

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2011, 05:49:17 pm »

Someone's already done a dump of the stream info for Danish TV ( although this is from 2009):

http://blog.chaz6.com/2009/09/dvb-t-in-denmark-with-linux.html

The muxes are linked at the bottom of the blog. Gives some clues as to the media types.

I found some stuff elsewhere confirming that Danish AAC is also HE-AAC ( ie ' bitpacked ')

SBR

Mikkel

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2011, 12:29:25 am »

Thank you very much to both of you. Didn't get time last night (was babysitting our daughter instead).
Tonight I should get some time to test your suggestions. Indeed it sounds like a change of codec should do.

Best regards,
Mikkel

Mikkel

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2011, 12:37:24 am »

Yaobing: sent you an e-mail

Checked the audio and video type. Comparing it to the link above with the mux data etc., all seems  in perfect order... unfortunately.

Sandy B Ridge

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2011, 02:18:13 pm »

Slightly weird problem this evening. h264 channels work OK, but MPEG 2 ones play audio, but no video.

Graph shows the demultiplexer output pin with MPEG 2 Video, but MJTSWriter with h264 on the input pin. I'm guessing this is not correct?

Code: [Select]
Filter Graph Info (Time-shifting writer graph):

Filter 'MJTSWriterFilter'
        CLSID: {CBE332C2-ED6F-482D-8497-AB51CA0419B7}
        Host: c:\program files (x86)\j river\media center 17\tv\mjtsfilewriter.ax
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin '007' of filter 'MPEG-2 Demultiplexer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {000001FF-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin '003' of filter 'MPEG-2 Demultiplexer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_H264, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo2

Filter 'MPEG-2 Sections and Tables'
        CLSID: {C666E115-BB62-4027-A113-82D643FE2D99}
        Host: c:\windows\syswow64\mpeg2data.ax
        Input Pin 'In'
            Connected to pin '002' of filter 'MPEG-2 Demultiplexer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_MPEG2_SECTIONS  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG2DATA, Format type FORMAT_None

Filter 'BDA MPEG2 Transport Information Filter'
        CLSID: {FC772AB0-0C7F-11D3-8FF2-00A0C9224CF4}
        Host: c:\windows\syswow64\psisrndr.ax
        Input Pin 'IB Input'
            Connected to pin '001' of filter 'MPEG-2 Demultiplexer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_MPEG2_SECTIONS  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_DVB_SI, Format type FORMAT_None
        Input Pin 'OOB Input'
        Output Pin 'iTV Out'
        Output Pin 'SBE OUT'

Filter 'MPEG-2 Demultiplexer'
        CLSID: {AFB6C280-2C41-11D3-8A60-0000F81E0E4A}
        Host: c:\windows\syswow64\mpg2splt.ax
        Input Pin 'MPEG-2 Stream'
            Connected to pin 'MPEG2 Transport' of filter '7231 BDA Digital Capture DVBT'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Stream  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {F4AEB342-0329-4FDD-A8FD-4AFF4926C978}, Format type FORMAT_None
        Output Pin '001'
            Connected to pin 'IB Input' of filter 'BDA MPEG2 Transport Information Filter'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_MPEG2_SECTIONS  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_DVB_SI, Format type FORMAT_None
        Output Pin '002'
            Connected to pin 'In' of filter 'MPEG-2 Sections and Tables'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_MPEG2_SECTIONS  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG2DATA, Format type FORMAT_None
        Output Pin '003'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'MJTSWriterFilter'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG2_VIDEO, Format type FORMAT_MPEG2_VIDEO
        Output Pin '007'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'MJTSWriterFilter'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG2_AUDIO, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx

Filter '7231 BDA Digital Capture DVBT'
        CLSID: {17CCA71B-ECD7-11D0-B908-00A0C9223196}
        Host: c:\windows\syswow64\ksproxy.ax
        Input Pin 'MPEG2 Transport'
            Connected to pin 'MPEG2 Transport' of filter '7231 BDA DVBT Tuner'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Stream  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG2_TRANSPORT, Format type Unknown GUID Name: {E06D8023-DB46-11CF-B4D1-00805F6CBBEA}
        Output Pin 'MPEG2 Transport'
            Connected to pin 'MPEG-2 Stream' of filter 'MPEG-2 Demultiplexer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Stream  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {F4AEB342-0329-4FDD-A8FD-4AFF4926C978}, Format type FORMAT_None

Filter '7231 BDA DVBT Tuner'
        CLSID: {17CCA71B-ECD7-11D0-B908-00A0C9223196}
        Host: c:\windows\syswow64\ksproxy.ax
        Input Pin 'Input0'
            Connected to pin 'Antenna Out' of filter 'Network Provider'
            Major type Unknown GUID Name: {71985F41-1CA1-11D3-9CC8-00C04F7971E0}  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_None, Format type FORMAT_None
        Output Pin 'MPEG2 Transport'
            Connected to pin 'MPEG2 Transport' of filter '7231 BDA Digital Capture DVBT'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Stream  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG2_TRANSPORT, Format type Unknown GUID Name: {E06D8023-DB46-11CF-B4D1-00805F6CBBEA}

Filter 'Network Provider'
        CLSID: {B2F3A67C-29DA-4C78-8831-091ED509A475}
        Host: c:\windows\syswow64\msnp.ax
        Output Pin 'Antenna Out'
            Connected to pin 'Input0' of filter '7231 BDA DVBT Tuner'
            Major type Unknown GUID Name: {71985F41-1CA1-11D3-9CC8-00C04F7971E0}  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_None, Format type FORMAT_None

Filter Graph Info (Time-shifting player graph):

Filter 'JRiver Audio Renderer'
        CLSID: {A4002F8E-510F-442C-8AD3-F9C7B23FB394}
        Host:
        Input Pin 'In'
            Connected to pin 'Output' of filter 'LAV Audio Decoder (auto-configured)'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_IEEE_FLOAT, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx

Filter 'Enhanced Video Renderer'
        CLSID: {FA10746C-9B63-4B6C-BC49-FC300EA5F256}
        Host: c:\windows\syswow64\evr.dll
        Input Pin 'EVR Input0'
            Connected to pin 'Video Output 1' of filter 'Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_NV12, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo2
        Input Pin 'EVR Input1'
            Connected to pin 'XForm Out' of filter 'Line 21 Decoder'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_AI44, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo

Filter 'Line 21 Decoder'
        CLSID: {E4206432-01A1-4BEE-B3E1-3702C8EDC574}
        Host: c:\windows\syswow64\quartz.dll
        Input Pin 'XForm In'
            Connected to pin '~Line21 Output' of filter 'Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_AUXLine21Data  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_Line21_GOPPacket, Format type FORMAT_None
        Output Pin 'XForm Out'
            Connected to pin 'EVR Input1' of filter 'Enhanced Video Renderer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_AI44, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo

Filter 'LAV Audio Decoder (auto-configured)'
        CLSID: {E8E73B6B-4CB3-44A4-BE99-4F7BCB96E491}
        Host: C:\Users\Lounge\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 17\Plugins\lav\LAVAudio.ax
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Output' of filter 'JRiver Audio Monitor'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {000001FF-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx
        Output Pin 'Output'
            Connected to pin 'In' of filter 'JRiver Audio Renderer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_IEEE_FLOAT, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx

Filter 'Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder'
        CLSID: {212690FB-83E5-4526-8FD7-74478B7939CD}
        Host: c:\windows\syswow64\msmpeg2vdec.dll
        Input Pin 'Video Input'
            Connected to pin 'Output' of filter 'JRiver Video Monitor'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_H264, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo2
        Input Pin 'Subpicture Input'
        Output Pin 'Video Output 1'
            Connected to pin 'EVR Input0' of filter 'Enhanced Video Renderer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_NV12, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo2
        Output Pin '~Line21 Output'
            Connected to pin 'XForm In' of filter 'Line 21 Decoder'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_AUXLine21Data  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_Line21_GOPPacket, Format type FORMAT_None

Filter 'JRiver Audio Monitor'
        CLSID: {A4207487-E7D8-406B-9882-B66370DE2492}
        Host:
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Audio Output' of filter 'JRiver TS Reader Filter'
        Output Pin 'Output'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'LAV Audio Decoder (auto-configured)'

Filter 'JRiver Video Monitor'
        CLSID: {A4207487-E7D8-406B-9882-B66370DE2492}
        Host:
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Video Output' of filter 'JRiver TS Reader Filter'
        Output Pin 'Output'
            Connected to pin 'Video Input' of filter 'Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder'

Filter 'JRiver TS Reader Filter'
        CLSID: {8303B00A-D9E3-4BD7-A79A-AD7077F54123}
        Host: c:\program files (x86)\j river\media center 17\tv\mjtsfilereader.ax
        Output Pin 'Audio Output'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'JRiver Audio Monitor'
        Output Pin 'Video Output'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'JRiver Video Monitor'

SBR

Sandy B Ridge

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2011, 02:52:25 pm »

The record graph gets built correctly. So I can set MC to record 2 channels at once, one mpeg2 and one h264; then I can 'watch' each channel without a problem. Seems to be a problem only for watching 'live' TV ie double click on the channel name in Std view.

Maybe MJTSWriter is 'stuck' on h264 because that was the first channel I tuned and even though I do a ctrl s in between a channel change it doesn't reset mjtswriter the next time I tune a channel.

SBR

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2011, 04:30:46 pm »

The graphs usually only show the media types initially set.  If you played h264 before switching to mpeg2, the graph would show only h264.  The question is whether we handle dynamic type change properly.  There may be a problem here.

Sandy B Ridge

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2011, 05:16:48 pm »

I don't think this is a dynamic change problem.  It wasn't just a simple channel change whilst another was playing. I did a ctrl-s each time. I also looked at the TV status window and inbetween all the tuners were idle. I even tried to reset the graph by playing a DVD rip before trying to go back to play the mpeg2 channel (actually I wanted to make sure the renderer was still working). I assume the graph should have been rebuilt by then?!

SBR

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2011, 03:52:06 pm »

Mikkel,

Please install build 33 available on MC17 board.  The latest build contains a fix for AAC audio problem.  I did not realize you were still using build 27, until I got around to read your logs.

Yaobing
Pages: [1]   Go Up