INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TheaterView "series" cover art  (Read 1692 times)

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Getting older every day
TheaterView "series" cover art
« on: November 14, 2011, 12:08:07 pm »

It seems that MC is downloading cover art for every series it finds in the TV guide.  I have cover art for almost 250 shows in the \\cover art\series folder.

I don't need/want all this cover art.  Is it possible to only download for shows that are actually recorded/found in the library?

Also, it's overwriting custom artwork I manually placed in this folder.  I created a cover for "Formula 1" since none existed, but now, MC seems to have found cover art for "The Secret Life of Formula 1" and has replaced my custom artwork with this cover.  I replaced what MC downloaded with my custom art, but MC overwrote mine again.

Can MC be made/changed/fixed to not replace anything?  I'd really prefer if MC quit overwriting cover art, and tags.  I can't provide any specific examples of tags that have been recently overwritten, but it is happening with the newest versions, usually the Media Type tag specifically.

I'll start keeping a log of examples, but hopefully these won't be needed to find/eliminate this behavior/bug.

Thanks.
pretend this is something funny

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
Re: TheaterView "series" cover art
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 02:14:53 pm »

I'm also having major issues with season cover art. Sometimes it will use the images scraped with Sickbeard, sometimes it will use the images downloaded for the internet, most of the time it will just use screen grabs. I can't figure this thing out for the life of me.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 09:22:32 am »

In a coming build:
Changed: Television series artwork is downloaded as part of auto-import's 'Get cover art' option.
Changed: Artwork is no longer downloaded when loading the EPG (since the guide uses Internet images, and auto-import handles recordings).
Fixed: Existing television series images could get overwritten by auto-import in some cases.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 10:18:03 am »

In a coming build:
Changed: Television series artwork is downloaded as part of auto-import's 'Get cover art' option.
Changed: Artwork is no longer downloaded when loading the EPG (since the guide uses Internet images, and auto-import handles recordings).
Fixed: Existing television series images could get overwritten by auto-import in some cases.

Great, thanks Matt :)
pretend this is something funny

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 10:34:11 am »

Fantastic.

It would also be helpful to update the wiki with TV show art naming conventions and locations. (Series, Season, Episode)

gvanbrunt

• MC Beta Team
  • MC Nerd
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 02:51:34 pm »

I would love to see this information on cover art posted as well. Many of us download episodes using other software. Correctly naming and placing this artwork would be helpful. In my case I don't even have a tuner card etc so I can find out myself...

MrHaugen

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2011, 06:11:41 am »

Good to know there is some fixes for this. I've seen this overwriting my self in a few cases. Also like the auto download under import. That is handy for the lazy guys like me, who don't like to manually find images for new TV Shows.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying
Pages: [1]   Go Up