INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Controling the Squeezebox Touch  (Read 3508 times)

Mr. Tuesdays

• Recent member
Controling the Squeezebox Touch
« on: December 04, 2011, 09:37:31 pm »

I've been reading the Squeezbox threads here and have not found a cure for my Squeezebox blues.  Maybe someone can help.
Here's the hardware involved:
  • Squeezebox Touch, brand new
  • Laptop PC Win XP pro "The Controller"
  • Desktop PC Win XP home "The Server"
  • D-Link gigabit router.
The Software:
  • MC16 latest (of course)
  • Logitech Media Server v7.7.0
My hope was to have the Squeezebox Touch be a stand alone player with a USB HDD plugged into it that could be controlled by JRiver.  That did not work out.  :(
So the Logitech server is running on the desktop computer where the music files are. The Squeezebox is connected to that server via ethernet.  MC16 on the laptop controls the Logitech server as a Zone, the Logitech server then controls the Squeezebox.  Round-about, but it works, sort of. MC16->SB server software->SB touch.

The main problem is that tracks will not advance.  While controlling with MC16 to get to the next track I have to double click it or use the Next button.  Tracks won't play one after the other. 

Anyone have any idea why the the tracks don't play one after the other?  I know this is an odd setup and I'm not crazy about it, but it almost works. It seems that the SB touch can't be controlled directly via DLNA, thus this crazy routing from laptop to desktop to SB Touch.  I don't want to have the music files on the laptop, that's the reason for running the server on the desktop.

Any help or pointing me in the right direction will be much appreciated, thanks!

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Controling the Squeezebox Touch
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 09:56:27 pm »

SBS 7.7 DLNA is focused only on Revue hardware, and may not work correctly with non-Revue products.  There is no attention being paid to non-Revue.

I'm using Whitebear media server, and use MC on my Macbook (in a Parallels VM) connected via Library Server to my Desktop MC system (where tracks reside, and SBS runs).

Connected to my desktop MC Library, I simply set the zone to one of my SBs and initiate track playback just as if on the desktop MC system.

I posted re: Whitebear and SBS last night - have you had a chance to see that thread?

Also, does the SB playlist actually contain more than 1 track?
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

vagskal

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 12:37:37 am »

Check that Repeat is not activated in MC (or LMS).

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 12:45:52 am »

Check that Repeat is not activated in MC (or LMS).

Ah, that's right... you had the same issue.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Mr. Tuesdays

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 08:41:47 am »

Thanks guys, I'll check into what you've mentioned.

I'm not using a playlist per se, just whatever files are in Now Playing won't advance.  Similar to previous versions of MC controlling another instance of MC on a remote computer.  If the renderer were not in Theater Mode, the tracks would not advance.
Having read about Whitebear I'm still not sure what it does. Does it run along side SB server, or take its place?
Pages: [1]   Go Up