INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Android 52, iOS 15  (Read 1404 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Android 52, iOS 15
« on: November 15, 2011, 03:25:31 pm »

Gartner figures put Android at 52% market share, with Apple's iOS now in third place at 15%.

Smartphone sales grew by 42%, year on year.

Article at Gartner

perpetual98

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Android 52, iOS 15
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 04:02:54 pm »

They would be more balanced if there was more than one company making iOS phones.  I have both Android and iOS devices and they're both nice and they both do what I want them to do.  Android is more fun because I hack the ever-living heck out of my Evo, but someone like my wife likes the ease of use of iOS.  To each his own I guess.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 04:28:51 pm »

...I hack the ever-living heck out of my Evo...

sorry for OT, but what ROM would you currently recommend?  I'm still using CM7, but I'm wanting to install a kernel with HDMI mirroring (to use the EVO to 'stream' my library to an otherwise unconnected TV), bit I think that needs a sense ROM.  I haven't been following it lately, so thought I'd see if you have any recommendations.   Thanks

Back on topic; WOW, I really thought iOS would be much higher than 15%.  I thought it was in the majority last year, this would be a big drop off.  Considering it's available from most carriers in the US now, I thought it'd go the other way.  Surprising.
pretend this is something funny

perpetual98

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 07:20:37 pm »

sorry for OT, but what ROM would you currently recommend?  I'm still using CM7, but I'm wanting to install a kernel with HDMI mirroring (to use the EVO to 'stream' my library to an otherwise unconnected TV), bit I think that needs a sense ROM.  I haven't been following it lately, so thought I'd see if you have any recommendations.   Thanks

I'm currently using this ROM and it's been one of the best I've used, and I've tried dozens of them.  I'm more of a Sense guy over AOSP, but lately have been using LauncherPro anyway.  That particular ROM has been giving me the best battery life I've ever got on my Evo.  The other day I was unplugged for 16 hours and still at 54% battery, which has never happened.  Here's a pic of my current home screen... 

Picture...
Pages: [1]   Go Up