INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Organising Libraries: Soundtracks - Suggestions?  (Read 889 times)

lowjoel

• World Citizen
Organising Libraries: Soundtracks - Suggestions?
« on: November 27, 2011, 02:44:08 am »

Hello,

MC does a fantastic job at allowing people to find the track they want in a library containing thousands of files. However, we still need to find a way to store all the tracks on disk. For now, I'm sticking to storing my albums in [Album Artist (auto)]\[Album] and it generally works well.

Then there are exceptions to this rule - Soundtracks for example do not have a useful Album Artist field. So how do you sort your library on disk? I'm trying to think of a logical way of storing them (better still if it can be reduced to a rule so I can just use the rename functionality in MC) but I can't think of anything. Suggestions will be much appreciated.

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Organising Libraries: Soundtracks - Suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 03:12:53 am »

Then there are exceptions to this rule - Soundtracks for example do not have a useful Album Artist field. So how do you sort your library on disk?

I tag my multiple-artist soundtrack albums with [Album Artist]=[Soundtrack], and all albums are saved with rule which is essentially [Album Artist (auto)]\[Album]. So the single-artist soundtracks are saved by Artist, and the multiple-artist soundtracks by "Soundtrack," which is where I would be inclined to look for them anyway.
Pages: [1]   Go Up