INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cdroom drive and cdwritter drive  (Read 649 times)

zevele1

cdroom drive and cdwritter drive
« on: May 20, 2002, 04:39:09 am »

I have drive E=cdwritter
      drive F=cdr

Part of the cds i did on APE are no god.Not a MJ problem,just the cds are in very bad condition

I changed settings in device to secure ,error correcting,to no result
And i saw that the speed at any of this 2 settings and speedx1 was the same than yesterday-default|PLS|normal

It is because MJ set the device at E by default,I cannot change it,allways it is back to E,who is my cdwritter,not my cdr

Is this configuration normal,or -again-it is not? I mean my computer configuration
I changed letters ,E is cdroom now.And i see the settings are working
But with cdr E,after rip [one track as a test],at the end,when the cdr opens,MJ got blank,just incone and mediajukebox on the top left .I have to alt|PLS|ctrl|PLS|del and in this case the track is not 'auto-imported'Because digital secure |PLS|x1 speed with a bad cd is to much of a task?This happens around every other time i rip

Anyway, I just do not care about the cds
Only would like to know if the fact to change letter drive is ok or may lead to problems ?

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
RE:cdroom drive and cdwritter drive
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2002, 05:43:29 am »

And i saw that the speed at any of this 2 settings and speedx1 was the same than yesterday-default|PLS|normal
I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean. Can you explain further?

It is because MJ set the device at E by default,I cannot change it,allways it is back to E,who is my cdwritter,not my cdr

When you go to the devices settings page, you just need to select which drive you want to adjust settings for, then make the changes.

But with cdr E,after rip [one track as a test],at the end,when the cdr opens,MJ got blank,just incone and mediajukebox on the top left .I have to alt|PLS|ctrl|PLS|del and in this case the track is not 'auto-imported'Because digital secure |PLS|x1 speed with a bad cd is to much of a task?This happens around every other time i rip

You shouldn't be getting a blank screen. I'm trying to track down a bug that's been reported before about when a secure rip finishes and goes to display the log file (if it's large), there seem to be problems. Hopefully I can get this fixed before the next build.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

zevele1

RE:cdroom drive and cdwritter drive
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2002, 06:59:58 am »

Because the drive set in device was E and my cdr was F,any setting been of no effect
Because of it even when setting to digital secure and speed x1,i saw that the speed when ripping was the same than the day before,not the case if you move to digital secure
I was changing setting to cdwritter drive and using the cdr drive

If i change the drive in device,from E to F in my case,MJ reverse all the time to E
If i change from E to F,close,open rip and click on option i see that my setting his not here anymore,but back to E.Of this i am sure
If from option in the rip pop up windows ,i set to drive F,secure digital,speed x1,I do not get digital secure at x1.
I get a fast rip with no improvement in quality.Of this i am sure

Since i changed letters for the drives in Windows,E is my cdr and it works
I remember it was the same with 7.2,but never had to try secure digital.I did try to change from E to F but with the same result than with 8,just thinking it has to be like it,i never try to find out
I do not say that it is a MJ problem ,i just ask
I was not able to play cd in FreeAmp,since i changed letters of the drive and my cdr is E and not F,i can play cd
Pages: [1]   Go Up