INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Something went wrong with playback - playing ripped DVDs  (Read 1118 times)

GregW

• Recent member
Something went wrong with playback - playing ripped DVDs
« on: November 22, 2011, 03:08:49 pm »

Media Center 17.0.27

Trying to play a DVD directly from within MC gives "Something went wrong with playback".  If I then right-click it and use "On Disk (External)" it correctly locates the relevant .IFO file and if I double-click that it then plays fine in MC.  If I then go back to the view in MC and click the relevant DVD it will now play without error.  If I go and try another DVD I will sometimes get the error, sometimes not (but specific to the ripped DVD but can't see any difference), then go back to the one I opened manually, it'll now fail to open again from MC.

Help!

Any ideas anyone?  Standard clean install of MC17 on clean Win 7 32-bit PC.  Library upgraded from MC15 and all media and library on a mapped network drive running over gigabit LAN.

Greg.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Something went wrong with playback - playing ripped DVDs
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 05:16:56 pm »

17.0.38 is available at the top of the MC17 board.  It's worth trying.

GregW

• Recent member
Re: Something went wrong with playback - playing ripped DVDs
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 05:37:32 pm »

Hi Jim

Thanks for replying.  Yep, I tried upgrading to .38 since my last post.  Is the same.   :(

I've seen references to this error message in other posts but they're not quite the same issue and I haven't seen a relevant solution.

Anything else I can try or other info I can provide to help diagnose?  What circumstances cause this message to come up?

Greg.
Pages: [1]   Go Up