INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo won't stay connected  (Read 993 times)

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Getting older every day
Gizmo won't stay connected
« on: November 21, 2011, 04:34:55 pm »

I just installed a new ROM and kernel on my EVO, and now have full HDMI mirroring from the phone, yay!

I can connect via Gizmo, and start playback, and everything is fully mirrored on the TV, however, it keeps dropping the connection/refusing to connect to Gizmo, and pausing playback if I do manage to get it working.

I don't know how this mirroring might affect Gizmo's connection to the server, but it's not a problem I've had prior to mirroring, so I think they are related somehow.

I tried on another monitor, in another room, further away, but with the phone connected to power, and had no issues.  Is it possible that the power required to send the signal is just too much to keep the connection to Gizmo?  Seems unlikely, but I can't think of any other explanation.

I have full signal during both attempts, over wifi.

Also, any chance of video on Gizmo getting a higher resolution, it's pretty poor quality when scaled up to 720 to match this TV?
pretend this is something funny

scm

• World Citizen
Re: Gizmo won't stay connected
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 02:02:53 pm »

I'm having this problem a lot too using an HTC Incredible 2.  It "connects" fine at first, but often when I get down to the point of playing a song, it goes back to the home screen to try to reconnect, and fails to connect.  Thereafter it will often fail to connect indefinitely.

Just to make sure it wasn't a problem on the server end, I would use another phone to pull up the WebPlay interface and it worked fine.  The webplay interface also worked on the HTC, but as we know, Androids don't natively support M3U files, which is probably why Gizmo was necessary.  So, the question is, if the server is working fine, and webplay works fine on the phone in question, why would Gizmo have problems connecting?
Pages: [1]   Go Up