INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there a way or tag to show DTS track in ripped DVD files?  (Read 2008 times)

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
Is there a way or tag to show DTS track in ripped DVD files?
« on: November 22, 2011, 02:56:10 am »

Hello,

I am wondering if there's an easy way to check my database for ripped dvd's (ifo/vob) with DTS sound? If movies have DTS included there's also a Dolby Digital track as well. However some movies have both English and Dutch audio tracks. So only by the number of tracks won't work. But it could help bringing the number down to check.
What tag would one use to show a movie has DTS as well?

Thanks for any help and ideas.

Theo

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Is there a way or tag to show DTS track in ripped DVD files?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 02:59:39 pm »

Look at the "compression" field.  It will show you what type of video and audio stream you have.  Just right-click on the headers in your view and select "Compression".

It will include the strings "audio: DTS Audio" or "audio: AC3" as appropriate, along with what type of video (mpeg-2 for example).

You could also easily create a custom new calculated field that just contains "DTS" or "Dolby Digital" based on parsing the contents of that field.

You might also be interested in the "Channels" field.  It will show 6 for 5.1 audio in either format.  It will also show 2, when appropriate, since remember Dolby Digital AC3 can be encoded for 2 channels, not just 5.1.

I've asked enough questions on this board; it's nice to be able to answer someone else's for a change!  Hope this helps...

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 04:10:41 pm »

Thanks for your help!

I looked at the "Compression" tag and choose it with "Also Show". But this field is empty for all my DVD rips.
It does show info with .avi files. Same with "Channels".
With .mkv I get info with "compression" but sometimes there's no info in "channels'.

I hope I'm doing something wrong, or must do something to let it show info for ripped dvd's too.

I would be very useful tags for my library!

wer

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 03:30:45 am »

Hmmm... JRiver autopopulates this when it imports the video file.  All my ripped DVDs, which are ripped to single file vobs or mpegs, have this populated.

Could it be you are doing a full rip with menus etc to a video_ts folder and importing the ifo file?  Perhaps MC doesn't populate this field for ifo files but only for video files.

Try importing one of the main title vob files directly.

You also can always create your own library field manually and put in dts/dd info once you know it.

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 04:04:47 am »

I use CloneDVD2 with AnyDVD to rip the movies. Never with the menu. Just the movie, original audio and dutch subtitles. When I have DTS audio, it also has the Dolby Digital audio as well. After ripping I import the new movies into Media Center by importing the folder or disc it's on.
I started recently to add DTS when available. With those large hard discs nowadays it's no issue to have them included as well.

I don't want to create it manually. I started adding "DTS" in the comment tag recently, when the movie has also DTS. But there won't be many movies that have it.

Maybe someone from JRiver can add some info here? Thanks in advance.

Pages: [1]   Go Up