INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV Guide for Australian TV  (Read 37467 times)

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: TV Guide for Australian TV
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2014, 07:41:48 pm »

I'm going to give this tip a go, XMLTV import not reading 'xmltv_ns' episode number?, and see if I can automatically extract season and episode data

I had a look at that a while ago, but decided I didn't want to get in to running extra external processes on the XML file generated by EPG Collector. Using that method would mean scheduling EPG Collector outside MC, running this "patch", and making sure it was completed before MC tried to import the result. Very doable, but not what I want to do just now. The other issue is whether ANY episode and season information is included in the XML file. I saw some, but not a lot when looking through the files I tested with.

The other issue is that the result still doesn't seem to be imported into MC in the correct fields, but just as a text field which still requires manual intervention. Not the sort of solution I am willing to implement.

Maybe Steve Bickell would add this translation into EPGC? That may be worth asking.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2014, 07:02:29 am »

I had a look at that a while ago, but decided I didn't want to get in to running extra external processes on the XML file generated by EPG Collector. Using that method would mean scheduling EPG Collector outside MC, running this "patch", and making sure it was completed before MC tried to import the result.
I'll gladly defer to the person who has boldly gone where I haven't. Thanks for the word up.

The other issue is whether ANY episode and season information is included in the XML file. I saw some, but not a lot when looking through the files I tested with.
Agreed. Absolutely no standard when there is some intelligible info. Fortunately, I had to head out today so I avoided putting time into this. Thanks.

The other issue is that the result still doesn't seem to be imported into MC in the correct fields, but just as a text field which still requires manual intervention. Not the sort of solution I am willing to implement.

Maybe Steve Bickell would add this translation into EPGC? That may be worth asking.
Well, you're on terms. However, unless there's some consistency data being transmitted over the air it's all kind of in the area of diminished return. Pity though...  :'(
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

dafloydman

• World Citizen
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2015, 04:24:37 pm »

Followed instructions and got it going .
However some channels here in melbourne ie channel 7
have no info , which means the channel doesn't show in the guide
in theatre view. is it possible for  a channel with out epg data to show up
regardless.
cheers

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2015, 04:51:12 pm »

There should be data for channel 7 in the EIT and MHEG5 data streams. Note that there are multiple channels in Melbourne, 7, 70, 71, etc. and that  at least one has no EPG data associated with it. I'm not near my HTPC to check.
Make sure you are trying to pull data for the correct channel, that all channels play correctly, and if necessary clear the MC EPG and reload as this sometimes helps.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

Hilton

« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2015, 11:48:09 pm »

FWIW I use icetv and xmltv import. Works well for me and the program guide is hand curated to create consistency. They use some nice standard tags that work pretty well in MC.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2015, 06:46:32 am »

FWIW I use icetv and xmltv import. Works well for me and the program guide is hand curated to create consistency. They use some nice standard tags that work pretty well in MC.
If you have a contact there, please offer them a license for MC.

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2015, 11:34:11 pm »

I also use IceTV and find it great. Are you on their forums Hilton? I'd love their API integrated into JR so we could record from the icetv app...

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2015, 11:45:39 pm »

If you have a contact there, please offer them a license for MC.

Heinz is the CEO. He's on their forums quite actively.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2015, 01:01:44 am »

I've not looked at IceTV for ages, (it was over $100pa) and have been using EPG Collector for years without issue pulling the EPG from OTA.  Is IceTV worth a revisit?
JRiver CEO Elect

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2015, 06:29:29 am »

I've not looked at IceTV for ages, (it was over $100pa) and have been using EPG Collector for years without issue pulling the EPG from OTA.  Is IceTV worth a revisit?

My renewal the other day was $79 for 12 months. I'm happy to pay it. I haven't used EPGCollector though, so can't compare. Does it supply season / episode data? That could be one point of consideration, especially given you can now choose which fields to compare for "Don't record episodes already shown".

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2015, 05:15:17 am »

Yes EPG Collector provides Season and Episode numbers both by looking at the OTA data and doing internet lookups using the Series and Episode names.
I doubt it is as complete or accurate as IceTV though, as the broadcasters deliberately obfuscate the required information, or don't supply it at all. For example, by providing only one EPG record for multiple episodes when they are from old seasons, and are therefore repeats.

IceTV is always going to be better than EPG Collector, but I use EPGC as it is mostly good enough and I can't use the more advanced functions of IceTV with MC anyway. I would like to have the better information but I don't see the value without integration to MC.

Mind you, I think I remember an offer of five years of IceTV for $99 recently. That almost tempted me back.

Hilton

« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2015, 06:54:41 am »

I also use IceTV and find it great. Are you on their forums Hilton? I'd love their API integrated into JR so we could record from the icetv app...

Me too! Im not on the forums though. Are you? Maybe you can make the offer Jim asked me make them?

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2015, 09:40:33 am »

Yeah, I am. I'll send Heinz a PM.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2015, 02:23:26 am »

I've asked Heinz about working with JRiver previously. Search for my posts on their forum.

I didn't get any response, but they were focused on their PVR at the time.

Worth asking/offering again.

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2015, 07:59:08 am »

IceTV currently have 5yrs for $149. Checkout code is Celebrate_IceTV.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2015, 06:25:34 pm »

Saw that. Tempted. $30 a year is a lot cheaper than $100. But no.

It would be a no brainer if IceTV integrated all its features into MC.

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2015, 11:05:34 pm »

I've sent Heinz a PM on their forums with Jim's email address.

Here's hoping. The functionality from their app is really pretty good.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up