INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remote control of MJ8.0 with wireless pda/handheld  (Read 1612 times)

Basemental

• nothing more to say...
Remote control of MJ8.0 with wireless pda/handheld
« on: September 18, 2003, 10:54:16 am »

Is it possible?

I'd like to be able to remotely control MJ 8.0, which resides in a computer at a particular location in a large room.  I'd like to be able to do this with a wireless pda/handheld computer.  I'll need to be able to read (on the handheld) the library of songs that resides on the main computer, as well as the playlists that I've already created.  I'll need to be able to walk around the room at will, within about a 100 foot +/- radius, and not loose control of the system from the wireless handheld.

Has anyone tried this, and been successful?  If so, what is your configuration (pda/handheld, computer hardware, wireless card, OS, MJ plugin used, etc.).

My main computer configuration:
Dell Precision 340 w/ P4 2.4GHz; 1GB RAM; Win2000

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions!

Angelo

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Remote control of MJ8.0 with wireless pda/hand
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2003, 11:13:00 am »

Check for info on remotes here:

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=MediaCenter;action=display;num=1038007115

See Netremote link in the same thread.

Musiclobby can also do this.

These all require Media Center 9.0 or 9.1.

Basemental

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2003, 12:08:20 pm »

Thanks for the reply, the link, and the help.

However, I guess I'm new to this sort of tech support, (I actually called the JRiver phone number, and they referred me to this site...), and I was hoping that I could get a more complete answer...

Do you know of a definite configuration, that you can explain the details, in a reply to this post, that would be a solution to my original question?

I've been fishing through the link that you referred me to, and I found no definite answers (sI found some "under development" tools, some vaporware, some suggestions, etc.), and I'd like to get a solution rather quickly.  If I had you on the phone, no doubt I wouldn't have hung up without getting some definitive answers, or references to someone who has been successful at it!

Sorry...

I do appreciate the help, and I think Media Jukebox is a very fine product!

Angelo

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2003, 12:13:16 pm »

You'll need to switch to 9.0 or 9.1 first and then start trying things.  Many of these are third party software products.  NetRemote has a very good site.  netremote.org .  So does MusicLobby.  www.cinemaronline.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up