INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cannot use Win7 remote destop as USB device not recognized at remote controller  (Read 1382 times)

Dennis Graves

• Junior Woodchuck

I want to play music via Win7 remote desktop, using my laptop to control the music server computer to which the laptop is remote-connected.  While remote control from my laptop works on everything else, I can get no sound when the laptop takes over the music server to play via JRiver under Win 7 remote.
I am using Wasapi Event. When I control playback directly at the music server (no laptop involved), the USB device (Berkeley Audio USB converter) properly shows up under Player, Playback OPtions, Output Device, and playback thus is fine.  If I use the laptop as the music server (playing directly from the laptop -- not using the laptop as a remote controller), the USB device Berkeley Audio USB converter also shows up under Player, Playback OPtions, Output Device, and playback is fine.
However, when using the laptop as a remote controller,  the USB device (Berkeley Audio USB converter) does not show up under Player, Playback OPtions, Output Device, and thus cannot be selected, which appears to be the problem.  Also, selecting "remote audio" does not do any good. 
Any suggestions on how to get the USB converter to show up when using the laptop as a remote controller?

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.

Did you try Direct Sound?

I can't recall the outcome, but there was a recent discussion re: this same thing.  I can get sound to playback on my Mac's Remote Desktop, but that discussion was about the Windows version.

Suggestion though... why not just use Library Server, connecting a second version of MC and control it that way?
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up