INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Won't save get cover art from internet  (Read 1275 times)

J-a-k-e

• World Citizen
Won't save get cover art from internet
« on: November 25, 2011, 03:58:14 am »

I can't say if prior versions have this issue but I do have the latest build of media centre 17.0.38 and I just realised that I am unable to save cover art that has been fetched from the internet something that always worked fine for me in media centre 16.
Just to clarify here, I can look up, view and select cover art without any issues. However the actual saving of cover art as far as I can tell seems to be a non event as the cover art view and album thumbnail stays the same as before. The same thing is happening with tv info lookup, get image does nothing. Is anyone else having this issue?  Tell me it's not just something strange going on at my end!

J-a-k-e

• World Citizen
Re: Won't save get cover art from internet
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 01:22:42 pm »

Just to follow up with this. All works well but only if I run media centre 17 in administrator mode otherwise I can only save the text information when I look up movie and tv info. For whatever reason "get from internet" for album/tv series cover art and movie & tv series image files will not save the cover art image to disk when mc17 is running with standard user level privileges.

Now I have no problems with running media centre with admin privileges, I just though I'd mention the issue here for the sake of anyone else who gets tripped up by this

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 02:55:39 pm »

Just to follow up with this. All works well but only if I run media centre 17 in administrator mode otherwise I can only save the text information when I look up movie and tv info. For whatever reason "get from internet" for album/tv series cover art and movie & tv series image files will not save the cover art image to disk when mc17 is running with standard user level privileges.

It sounds like your cover art folder (Options > File Location) is not accessible to standard accounts.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Frobozz

• Citizen of the Universe
  • There is a small mailbox here.
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 09:54:01 am »

I had that happen when I moved a NTFS USB external drive to a different computer.  MC couldn't update tags in files or do anything that involved modifying or deleting files.

I fixed that by giving the "Authenticated Users" group full control for my music folder and MC data folders on the USB drive.  I'm not sure if that's the most elegant or fine grained way of managing permissions for this situation.  It's working and should allow me to move the USB drive to any other computer without having the same problems pop up.

J-a-k-e

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 02:39:16 pm »

Matt had the right Idea. For some reason media centre 17 had installed and configured the cover art folder within one of my old user account. All is fine now that I've moved the folder and configured things as they should be, yes I suppose I could have just just modified the the user security permissions for that folder but I like to keep things in one place.
Pages: [1]   Go Up