INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: When Selecting an Album in Theater View Where Should The Focus Go  (Read 1349 times)

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe

I asked that my post not be moved from it's original context. Deleted. >:(

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
When Selecting an Album in Theater View Where Should The Focus Go
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 08:43:34 am »

When I want to play a music album in theater View I select that album. It then takes me to a list of tracks with focus on the first track. My intuition tells me that if I hit Okay that I will only play the first track, not to be taken to another set of choices.

I agree that it would be more intuitive in this situation that when selecting an album to play that the focus is put on the album, not the first track.

Rod

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 09:47:35 am »

After re-reading (again) my post above I realize I should have said that the focus should be on a menu that relates to the Album. And to have Play as the highlighted choice.

Rod

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 10:38:57 am »

And to have Play as the highlighted choice.
Rod

Or possibly Play All if the tracks are all shown. I originally said Play because I see things being related to the Album at this step. But these are fine points - the real issue is what should one see after first selecting an Album in the main View of Albums. And since I believe that for most of us most of the time the desire is to play the Album (not individual tracks) the focus should be on a quick way to do just that.

Rod

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 10:41:25 am »

Jim H. - Should this latter group of posts be split off to a new thread? They really are OT from the thread title. It also might promote more discussion.

Rod

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2011, 12:22:10 pm »

I'd do that, but I don't know where the cleaver should go.

floepie

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2011, 03:40:50 pm »

Or possibly Play All if the tracks are all shown. I originally said Play because I see things being related to the Album at this step. But these are fine points - the real issue is what should one see after first selecting an Album in the main View of Albums. And since I believe that for most of us most of the time the desire is to play the Album (not individual tracks) the focus should be on a quick way to do just that.

Rod

This is *exactly* what should be done.  After opening an album, you should land on a menu item, preferably the 'play all' but have the 'add all' one button push away.  Landing on a track doesn't make any sense.  If you wish to just play one of the tracks on the list, you would simply scroll down out of the top "roller", just as you would have to scroll down with the current system to the desired track, so there wouldn't be any love lost but yet everything to gain.

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2011, 10:50:33 pm »

I'd do that, but I don't know where the cleaver should go.

Okay how does this work?

1. Start a new thread titled "When Selecting an Album in Theater View Where Should The Focus Go?"

2. Put this statement at the beginning of the new thread: "There has been an ongoing off topic discussion in another thread that nwboater asked be split off to this new thread. There is not a totally clear cut ending to the original topic and begining of this new topic, so please pardon some overlap."

2. Start the new thread with Post # 13 and on.

3. Make post #14 the last in the old thread.

Seems like that should work and hopefully we'll get more people in the discussion with the new Topic Title.

Thanks Jim.

Rod

Pages: [1]   Go Up