INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ripping my own music from a CD - not available in stores/in database  (Read 762 times)

benkenn

I want to convert some "almost finished" tracks off of an unreleased CD (my own music/CD) to MP3 files.  I somehow (trial and error?) managed to copy the tracks by putting the CD into my computer's CD drive and hitting "copy CD" ... or something like that.  So the tracks were copied ... and now they're located on Media Jukebox in my Music Library --- along with a whole bunch of other "unassigned" music files (from other sources).  How can I tell what format they're in?  How do I isolate them from the rest of the assorted and various unassigned files?  Once I've isolated them and can easily get them - is it possible to send them in MP3 files via email?  I'm sure I have a whole bunch of other questions .... but that's for starters!    Thanks so much in advance to anyone who can help me get through this tangle of technology!  -BK

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean

Start by creating a new artist/album.  Then select the files you want and drag them onto the album.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

benkenn

Hey thanks Jim.

It worked!  What's a ".wma" file and how can I convert it to MP3 format?  

BK

Charlemagne 8

• Citizen of the Universe

benkenn,
Which version of Media Jukebox do you have? Go to "settings" "Options" and scroll down to "Encoding" (about the sixth one down) and click it. The encoder options should show up. I am assuming that yours would show "Windows Media" in the pull-down window because that's what WMA files are. Click the arrow next to the window and a list of available encoders will drop down. The MP3 encoder is called just that. If it doesn't show, you'll need to download it. Just click the link that says "for more encoders...", etc. and download the one on the list that is for your version (either v7 or v8). When that's downloaded, go back to encoder options (you may still be there) and select the MP3 Encoder. Click OK and you'll be back to the main MJ screen. Find and highlight the files you want to convert, select "Tools" and the "Convert format" It will say at the very top of the convert window what format you are converting to and show the list of songs that you are converting. If you have too many, cancel and then you'll have to delete some from the playlist (it won't delete them from the library) and "convert" again.
Let me know if it works.
CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.
Pages: [1]   Go Up