INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC17 Television Issues  (Read 1427 times)

Arenab

MC17 Television Issues
« on: November 28, 2011, 07:53:28 am »

I love MC and have used many versions over the years. i recently upgraded from 16 to 17 and once major change i cannot seem to fix via the forum or my own MC knowlege is the in MC17 theatre veiw i do not see the television item and do not know how to add it. Secondly when i am in standard veiw and i click on a channel to watch i only get audio and a blank screen. i have played around with video setting and have had no luck with it.

i did an upgrade from 16 and everything work perfect on the same box with the same tuner, nothing has changed, i can even launch MC16 and watch tv but when i launch 17 i just get a black screen trying to watch tv.

can someone please help?

i am using and XP box with a build 38

thank you so much!!!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC17 Television Issues
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 08:04:40 am »

TV was split to Guide and Shows.  Expect a change again to something like TV EPG and TV Shows or similar.

Try switching video to Red October.

eapool

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 09:31:24 am »

Secondly when i am in standard veiw and i click on a channel to watch i only get audio and a blank screen.

Try Pausing (CTRL+P) and then Playing, this works for us.  We have this issue with TV also and that seems to get things started.  We use theater view, so I haven't seen it from standard view.

Alex

Arenab

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 12:36:42 pm »

TV was split to Guide and Shows.  Expect a change again to something like TV EPG and TV Shows or similar.

Try switching video to Red October.

it origanally was set to red October and didn't work, i have since tried multiple settings after reading some differences using red October.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 12:54:36 pm »

Try updating your video driver.

What is your video hardware?

CountryBumkin

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 01:13:25 pm »

Go to Tools>Options>General>Features and make sure the "Television" box is checked. Then go to Standard View and open the side tab marked "Drives and Devices". That is were you see the televison setup stuff.
When you upgraded MC must have deleted/over-written your old settings. You may have to Scan for Channels and set everything up again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up