INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: bsod on wyred4sound dac2 usb when switching paused track  (Read 2028 times)

userzweig

• Recent member
bsod on wyred4sound dac2 usb when switching paused track
« on: November 28, 2011, 12:17:50 pm »

Hi,

I have a wyred4sound dac2 running on usb with kernel streaming.  With JRiver 15, I would get a bsod and harsh digital noise whenever I changed tracks during playback.  However, that cleared up when I checked 'fade from track to track' option.  I use a nas box (Dlink dns-323) to stream the audio.  Generally it's 16 bit 44khz uncompressed.

There is still a problem with 'pausing' a track in JRiver with the W4S dac2.  If I pause a track, and then switch to another track in JRiver 16, I get a bsod, with failure in the w4s.sys file.  I also get it if I pause a track in JRiver 16 and then play a youtube video in my browser.

The problem only happens if I pause a track, and not if I 'stop' a track.  I can probably remember not to ever pause, but sometimes I let someone else select the tracks to play and it has happened that they would pause a track and then try and pull up the artist on youtube and then the system would crash, so it would be nice to crash-proof the system for party playback.

Is there a way to maybe have a 'stop on pause' option or otherwise disable the pause button?  I'll also try and download the 17 beta and see if that fixes it.

It's windows 7 home.  I have bsod photos if you'd like to see them, and I might be able to get a minidump.

Thanks,

Bruce

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: bsod on wyred4sound dac2 usb when switching paused track
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 12:20:58 pm »

A BSOD is a low-level hardware / driver crash.

It might make sense to talk to the maker of w4s.sys, since it's what is crashing.

You could also try WASAPI - Event Style (or ASIO if supported) to see if the driver handles those output modes any better.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up