INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: While ripping a 24/96 CD, what should I accept MC for Bit Rate?  (Read 1840 times)

trcns

• World Citizen
While ripping a 24/96 CD, what should I accept MC for Bit Rate?
« on: November 29, 2011, 03:27:16 pm »

Just to satisfy myself, I bought two HQ CD’s Very “Best Of The King's Singers” and “Someone Like You”. One says high definition (24 bit) and the other have detail including “mixed and mastered at 192khz/24bit Vocals recorded”. Links for these CD’s

http://www.evo88.com/en/music?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=324&category_id=32

http://www.evo88.com/en/music?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=321&category_id=32

I ripped them using dbpoweramp. When I play them in JRiver, it shows me a BitRate of 1411 as all other CD’s have. Is it what it should be? One thing noticed, “There is no difference in playing from media file or from original CD”.  But still I wished to see somewhere saying 24/96 or 24/192 in media center. Any advice?

craigmcg

• World Citizen
Re: While ripping a 24/96 CD, what should I accept MC for Bit Rate?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 03:49:19 pm »

Unfortunately the music itself was recorded, mixed, and mastered at the higher resolution but then put on the CD at 16bit 44.1 kHz. If this was not done, the CDs could not be played by a CD player. Google thinks that the HQCD denotes use of better materials in the CD itself and that it is compatible with all CD players.

The only 24 bit 96kHz or 192kHz commercial media of which I am aware are SACD, DVD-Audio and/or Blu-ray.

Hopefully you are enjoying the music- I'm sure they are excellent recordings.

bunglemebaby

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 06:15:33 am »

craigmcg is right about any CD that can play in a regular CD player will be 16bit/44.1kHz.
To answer your question about being able to see this information in Media Center, use the fields [bit depth] and [sample rate], respectively. In any view where you can view your particular ripped music, right-click on the column headings and add these two fields from the menu that pops up. You can also add these fields anyplace else that you can display tag information.
-Jon

trcns

• World Citizen
Re: While ripping a 24/96 CD, what should I accept MC for Bit Rate? Resolved.
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 08:18:49 am »

Thanks Guys.

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 03:32:42 pm »

I use this expression in views where I want to see/sort/select by sample rate and bit depth:
[Sample Rate]//[Bit Depth]
Pages: [1]   Go Up