INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ever hear of these bands?  (Read 2888 times)

sekim

Ever hear of these bands?
« on: May 19, 2002, 02:15:12 pm »

Baker Gurvitz Army

Masters of Reality

Larry Raspberry and the Highsteppers

And not really a band but an excellent guitar player... Les Dudek

zevele1

RE:Ever hear of these bands?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2002, 02:42:46 pm »

Baker ..is the band of the 2 brothers from the UK band Gun-if i remember well.But i am not 100% sure.Do not remember about the music

Master are kind of stoner metal before time.They did one lp with the drummer of Cream-not a good record

les Dudek is kind of jazzo-funko-fusion guitariste?
Larry ...,do not know

sekim

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2002, 02:54:52 pm »

zevele10,

You are correct. Did some more checking and it is as you say. AMG doesn't have much on you now, do they?

A friend of mine has some of these albums. The exception being Masters of Reality. Larry has a website. You can book him for your own party.

This same friend has let me borrow a few copies of stuff I normally wouldn't listen to. Some of the better ones....

Lou Reed - Rock and Roll Animal. Tremendous live album.

Steely Dan - Amazing how good some of the cuts are on any of their albums.

He also made a compilation disc of Chicago. I'm a Man - Has to be one of the best songs these guys ever put out. Also THEE song I fried my last set of speakers on when we were at his cabin last year deer hunting. About the only thing we killed. Well, besides the six or seven cases of beer and two or three jugs....

mike_s

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2002, 03:16:00 pm »

MH--

Steely Dan, one of my all-time favorites. Fagen and Becker were light-years ahead of the pack back in the 70's.

Agreed. Chicago's cover of Steve Winwood's 'I'm a Man' is (to me) much better than the Spencer Davis Group original.

zevele1

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2002, 03:25:47 pm »

I ,few times,contacted AMG about mistakes .They are very happy if you do it.
But since here and playing with 3 languages,i do not remember things as well than before
Had a look at Larry site.In fact i do know him.He was in the Gentrys.The only rock band on the Sun label.I will play the record one of this day ,cause i do not remember them as good

Lou Reed live is -if not really a great record-a landmark
The same for Steve Hunter.Not a great guitarist,but very very good on this record.Dick Wagner shines on this record.As the interplay between the 2 guitarists.He was very good with Frost
Steely Dan is to clean for me
Chigago...........Like millions others i played to death they 2 first lps.Not even sure if i kept them

zevele1

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2002, 03:29:22 pm »

THe wall of sound of Spencer Davis group-as all they songs at this time- is a much more interesting thing that a f.. non stop drums solo

zevele1

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2002, 03:35:43 pm »

Why do you kill deers?
For fun or for food?

sekim

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2002, 04:10:22 pm »

To keep them from running out in front of my truck at 4:00 am in the morning. Seriously, food and keeping up a tradition that has been handed down over the years. Venison is quite good if handled properly. Maybe something of a mystery over there, don't know. Here in America many states have a deer hunting season. Some southern states have very long seasons, but here in Minnesota normal firearms season is only two weeks long at most. There are other seasons for bow and muzzle loader as well. Bow season runs nearly four months. Generous to say the least, but no sure bet as to getting your deer.

zevele1

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2002, 04:19:30 pm »

In France also there is hunters-well they do not hunt deer
For one raison or another ,jewish people do not hunt.There is no hunter here.When in the country side ,you get beautiful birds coming quite close to you.Never been hunted so they are not afraid.Of cause they are coming close only if you are quiet

Monday morning 3 o'clock.Going to bed leaving Audiogalaxy working overnight

Bow?Like the indians,with arrows?This i would like to try

sekim

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2002, 04:23:45 pm »

zevele10,

Beautiful birds are here as well, most are not hunted and will come quite close to you if you remain still. My son had a chickadee land on his hand earlier this spring. What a smile. Goodnight.

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2002, 04:24:00 pm »

zevele
> Why do you kill deers?
> For fun or for food?

do you question our manhood?

In France, do they not hunt song birds?

I went to a city council meeting in our small town a year ago to defend the deer.  "They eat our gardens..."  It was useless for me to protest.  Humans before deer.  They believed that we had almost one deer for every two people in this little town.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

JimH

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2002, 04:25:54 pm »

but machinehead,
I defend your right to kill deer.  Guns are good.  People are bad.  Some people.

In the Minneapolis area, there are now enough deer that I think we will have wolves soon.  I think we should feel honored to have them both.
Jim Hillegass

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2002, 04:27:00 pm »

Listening to: 'Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer' from 'Christmas Classics' by 'Gene Autry' on Media Jukebox
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

zevele1

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2002, 04:39:21 pm »

Yes there is birds hunters in France.They breed pheasants[?] in cage.The day of the hunt they put the birds free.As you can imagine,to kill them is very difficult.............
From time to time they kill each others-the hunters,not the birds...-kind of friendly fire,and for me fun news.Most of the time they are half drunk when they hunt.And 80% of them are Le Pen fans.Enlighten people in enlighten countrys........

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2002, 04:45:12 pm »

In N.J. You can only use a Shotgun You Can Not Use Anything Else.

The Shot Goes To Far, You May Hit A Crab If You Did

In Grenada we went fishing with a few grenades, shot a Pig with a M16a1 (barbequed Him)

Listening to: 'Hit Me With Your Best Shot' from 'Sounds Of The Eighties 1980' by 'Pat Benatar' on Media Jukebox
Fayetteville, NC, USA

sekim

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2002, 05:08:19 pm »

I kind of figured this would happen. Let say quite bluntly, once we evolve into flat-toothed, eyes on the side of our heads, and have four chambered stomachs will we cease to be the predators that we are. Then we can all go around eating grass and become targets ourselves. Denial is such a petty thing.

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2002, 05:11:55 pm »

I don't hunt. Never did. I will, however, take any extra venison that might be surplus. Delicious stuff. Ate some dove once. Tasted like ... no, not chicken ... liver. All right, chicken liver.

My son (15) and I (51) ((We have achieved symmetry)) went to see the Nashville Bluegrass Band last night at a small auditorium, maximum capacity about 500. It was really very good. My son was kind of disappointed that they didn't do "Man of Constant Sorrow" being as one of the band members was the voice of one of the "Soggy Bottom Boys". They said they didn't know it (I did mention that it was a SMALL auditorium) but I think they didn't have the rights to it. Otherwise a very polished, professional band. Makes Earl Scruggs look primitive. I still prefer Earl. Grew up listening to him. Bluegrass IS primitive. That's it's charm.

CVIII

Listening to: 'Wheel Hoss' from 'Barnyard Gone Wrong' by 'Blueground Undergrass' on Media Jukebox
That's right.
I'm cool.

sekim

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2002, 05:21:07 pm »

Jim,

>>>> I went to a city council meeting in our small town a year ago to defend the deer. "They eat our gardens..." It was useless for me to protest. Humans before deer. They believed that we had almost one deer for every two people in this little town. <<<<

Care to see how many deer are out here in flatland? During the early part of spring I can look out my window on any given night and see upwards of 50 deer. At this time of the year the sightings become more scarce. Why? Does are dropping fawns. Couple more weeks and the old gals are gonna have junior eating the flowers out of the beds. Which, by the way, I rather enjoy. To be honest, they are so adaptable it's ridiculus that a small thinning of the heard would hurt their population any. May actually cause a spurt in fawn production due to the newly available habitat.

So is this a case of NIMBY?

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2002, 05:21:28 pm »

maybe we should give up eating real food and eat synthesized flavored paste from a tube.

Listening to: 'The Hunting Trip (Live)' from 'Golden Age Radio. Abbott & Cos' by 'Bud Abbott And Lou Costello' on Media Jukebox
Fayetteville, NC, USA

sekim

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2002, 05:25:15 pm »

Soylent Green anyone?? Funny thought, great name for a band.

Graham

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2002, 04:30:32 am »

Baker Gurvitz Army - WRONG! Named from members Ginger Baker (Drummer - showing the ravages of his 1960's membership of Cream with Eric Clapton) and Adrian Gurvitz (can't remember where he came from). I think they were around in the early to mid 1970s. Saw them once in the Brighton Dome, UK. Don't remember much of it though. Well it was the 70s...

zevele1

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2002, 05:20:23 am »

WRONG ME !!!!!????
Brothers Gurvitz bass and guitar who founded the band Gun
Or they do not use this name with Gun,or they real name is a much longer jewish sounding name.i do not remember
But you do not expect me to seach the weeb for such easy question,no to search for my 2 Gun lps ever

I do not remember the music,but if Baker was in the band it can be only bad
I am still waiting to listen to a half listenable song from Baker after is time with Cream

JohnT

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2002, 05:32:20 am »

>>...During the early part of spring I can look out my window on any given night and see upwards of 50 deer...

Of course, that's only because we killed off all their natural predators. Minnesota used to have a few grizzly bears, numerous cougars, coyotes, wolves. The wolves are making a comeback. A cougar was spotted in my area not long ago, that's pretty cool. We had to put up a six foot fence to protect our garden from the deer, rabbits, raccoons, etc.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Graham

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2002, 06:11:31 am »

I stand corrected. They were indeed the very same brothers who formed Gun and Ginger Baker was the drummer. All I remember of the gig was that Baker looked about 90 years old but still played the drums like a man with a wasp's nest down his trousers. Other than that, I think the music was a bit dull. Saw Baker again about five or six years later playing with those old psychodelic rockers Hawkwind (post-departure of Lemmy to Motorhead). He looked about 91 then... and played like he had a herd of wildebeast down his trousers. I guess the drugs DO work...

zevele1

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2002, 06:30:53 am »

He had a band ,Baker airforce or something like it, more or less at the same time.They did few very disastrous records,big big junk.
Few years ago he was in BMG[?],this was listenable,well i mean one time,not everyday
Anyway with Cream he gaves us good time,very good time

My last post was a funny one,i was not upset and ,first of all, i even did not remember that Baker was in the band....
Have a nice evening

sekim

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2002, 03:13:48 pm »

>>>> Of course, that's only because we killed off all their natural predators. Minnesota used to have a few grizzly bears, numerous cougars, coyotes, wolves. The wolves are making a comeback. A cougar was spotted in my area not long ago, that's pretty cool. We had to put up a six foot fence to protect our garden from the deer, rabbits, raccoons, etc. <<<<

JohnT,

Agreed, but now we have urban sprawl as an efficient means of displacing animals. During the summer months the coyotes around here raise all sorts of hell with my dogs. Kind of funny to see who can howl or growl the loudest. The pups are very vocal then, especially when the adults return with some sort of tidbit captured during the night. Last year I had seen a large male on several mornings sitting on the edge of the driveway. I usually leave about 4:00 am every morning to make it into the cities before traffic gets bad. So I get a special little treat while most are still sleeping. By the way, most coyotes will not tangle with a mature deer of either sex. They will take fawns if given the chance though.

JimH

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2002, 03:47:47 pm »

Zevele,
The Book Came Today.
Jim Hillegass

JimH

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2002, 03:51:42 pm »

Machinehead,
I have a room to rent in the Cities.  It's in what was an old hotel once.  On First Street.  Grim, but cheap.
Jim Hillegass

sekim

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2002, 04:06:02 pm »

Jim,

I'd miss dodging deer and other assorted fauna everyday. Pedestrians don't count. Next Page

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2002, 04:17:16 pm »

>> Pedestrians don't count.
they do, you just get extra points
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up