INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: And create x levels of directory structure  (Read 2024 times)

LBWood

• Recent member
And create x levels of directory structure
« on: December 02, 2011, 07:51:47 am »

The subject is a direct quote of an option in the Converter | Options dialog box. I can find no explanation of what the option is or how to use it. The Wiki seems to describe the options for an earlier version.

Experimenting with changing the number leads to very unpredictable results. I need to do a file search to find out where the converted files went. What I want to do is quite simple: my single-file FLACs are all in a folder with the name of the Artist. I would like an Album folder beneath that with the converted files.

I don't upgrade that often and was last using MC12. I had no difficulty configuring the conversion options to give the behaviour I am looking for. With MC16, I can't even understand what it's doing. Many thanks to anyone who can help me unlock the mystery.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: And create x levels of directory structure
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 07:55:26 am »

You can't create new folder layouts with the converter, only preserve an existing layout.

If you want to use Artist\Album folders, first put your files into Artist\Album folders (with Rename, Move, & Copy).

Then when you convert, preserve 2 folder levels (ie. Artist\Album).

Does that make sense?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

LBWood

• Recent member
Re: And create x levels of directory structure
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 10:11:58 am »

Umm...

It seems I'm not going to get the behaviour I am used to from MC12. I'll have to create my converted files in the same location and then move everything manually. That's too bad.
Pages: [1]   Go Up