INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 17.0.46 Beta -- Available Here  (Read 10803 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 17.0.46 Beta -- Available Here
« on: December 03, 2011, 02:13:56 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 17.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

New Features in MC17

Upgrade Instructions

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v17/latest/MediaCenter170046.exe

17.0.46 (12/2/2011)

1. Changed: Added the aspect ratio of 2.40 to the list of choices for Crop Black Bars available on the on screen display.
2. Changed: FLAC files that didn't start with a FLAC__METADATA_TYPE_STREAMINFO block were not supported.
3. Fixed: When using madVR and starting video playback from Theater View, build 45 could delay 5 seconds starting the video.
4. Fixed: Imported DVD's now show the correct frame-rate (FPS), bitrate, and dimensions.
5. Fixed: Importing some DVD's could cause JRWorker to hang.
6. NEW: Parametric Equalizer provides a low-shelf and high-shelf filter (fully configurable, stackable, applicable to any channels, etc. just like other filters).
7. Fixed: Drag-n-drop of an image from a web browser to the Tag Action Window > Image page didn't work nicely.
8. Changed: De-interlacing will be done by madVR renderer (if it's in the graph) rather than LAV Video software de-interlacing.
9. Changed: Reworked call ordering when starting television playback so that a video renderer is positioned before the graph is run.

17.0.45 (12/1/2011)

1. Fixed: BD/DVD titles sometimes reported the wrong file size after import.
2. Fixed: Some BD titles would not import the compression info field correctly.
3. Changed: Improved handling of bitstream errors in RAW AAC streams.
4. NEW: Added 'Null Output' output plugin, available in Options > Audio > Audio Output.  Allows playing videos on a machine with no sound card.
5. Fixed: Playback of recorded JTV files wasn't cropping edges by default.
6. NEW: Rewritten video import -- gets compression and frame rate for almost all videos and runs around 40% faster.
7. Changed: Reworked call ordering when starting video playback so that a video renderer is positioned before the graph is run.
8. NEW: DLNA added 24 bit LPCM conversion. Devices supporting this may not be available yet.

17.0.44 (11/30/2011)

1. Fixed: DVB-T channel channel switching from SD (MPEG-2) channel to HD (H264/AAC) channel, or vice versa, did not work.
2. Fixed: MCC_PLAY_TV command (and maybe other rarely used television features) did not work.
3. Changed: When using 'Do not play silence' in conjunction with gapped track switching, silence suppression first eats the gap before eating any of the track (so a long low volume fadeout won't end abruptly).
4. Fixed: Creating a virtual handheld device that pointed to a UNC path did not work nicely.
5. Fixed: Overriding an aspect ratio didn't work correctly in conjunction with Anamorphic mode.
6. Changed: Playing a data file will increment the playback statistics 'Last Played', and 'Number Plays'.
7. Changed: Updated to version .42 of LAV audio, video and splitter directshow filters. Improvements to raw PCM de-muxing and TrueHD audio playback, support raw RGB24 video in AVI.
8. NEW: Now using LAV video decoder as replacement for ffdshow for most video decoding tasks in Red October.
9. NEW: Internal configuration of madVR using programmatic interface - currently only disabling the seek bar.
10. Changed: Double-clicking a JRiver note in a view other than 'Notes' will open it with a web browser.
11. Fixed: Applying multiple font tags (like color or size) to the same section of a note could corrupt the note.
13. NEW: Rename, Move, & Copy Files tool adds a 'Preset...' button that supports loading settings from Options > File Location, loading / saving user presets, and copying / pasting settings (for sharing with other users).
14. Changed: Added the aspect ratio of 2.40 to the list of choices for Crop Black Bars.
15. Fixed: Hot keys and remote commands weren't working while watching a Netflix movie.
16. Changed: When a Theater View list is in the process of loading items, it shows "Loading..." rather than "There are no items to display".
17. Changed: When video playback is started, the graph building thread will wait for pending user interface changes (like closing of Theater View) before loading or configuring the video renderer.

17.0.43 (11/29/2011)

1. Fixed: WebPlay / Gizmo video playback with conversion was not working in build 42.
2. NEW: Video playback aspect ratio system is rewritten -- more flexible support for cropping black bars baked into videos, more consistent support across all types of movies, etc.

17.0.42 (11/28/2011)

1. Changed: Tagging a video file where the tag only modifies the sidecar will no longer update the last modified time of the video file.
2. Fixed: When returning to Theater View to a view that was imported from Standard View, the view could be empty.
3. Fixed: SSA alignment tokens could appear as {\a...} text in subtitles.
4. Changed: Improved support for SSA \an (numpad alignment) tokens.
5. Changed: A change in television graph-building that possibly fixes some rare hangs.
6. Fixed (probably): Crash when stopping television playback.
7. Fixed: Play Doctor Playcharts saved under Playlists were not working properly.
8. Changed: Playcharts were not supported for handheld sync.
9. NEW: It's possible to edit saved Playcharts.

17.0.41 (11/22/2011)

1. Changed: Theater View defaults to a normal instead of a bold version of the main program font.
2. Fixed: The math evaluator wasn't supporting exponent notation like x^y properly.
3. NEW: Added Options > Audio > Disable display from turning off (useful for HDMI audio).
4. Changed: Reverted the television AAC audio media type change made in build 40.
5. Changed: Improvements to Limiter filter in DSP Studio > Parametric Equalizer.
6. Fixed: In auto-rip CD mode, multiple matches from on-line CD lookup would be shown even though user chose "automatically pick the first match".

17.0.40 (11/21/2011)

1. Fixed: An image slideshow could show the border of the last picture in certain cases.
2. Changed: Image slideshow Pan & Zoom effect uses less motion.
3. Changed: A small delay is introduced during television channel switching to reduce the chance of stutters.
4. NEW: Audio Path information is available from the main menu under Player > Audio Path.
5. Changed: Merged audio path and direct indication into DSP button of player window (DSP button will light up when playing direct with Noire skin).
6. Fixed: When transferring audio files (with transcoding) to a portable device from a Library Server, the last part of the audio was getting truncated.
7. Fixed: Digital TV built a DirectShow graph using old channel info instread of current channel info, causing playback problems in DVB-T/T2 areas.
8. NEW: Expression language supports ! operator in a conditional (ie. If(!IsEqual([Artist], Abba), a, b))
9. Fixed: When editing a list type field in the Tag Action Window, and using page up and down to switch file, typing focus was lost.
10. Fixed: Typed list navigation was not working properly with diacritics.
11. Fixed: It was possible to manually resize the 'Fill Properties From Filename' dialog to too small of a size.
12. Fixed: Loading of default dialog sizes for resizable dialogs was not working properly.
13. Fixed: Sort caching could cause sorting by expression fields to not refresh properly when underlying data changed.
14. Changed: Display changing settings in Options > Video are now zone-specific (may require manually reconfiguring applicable video options).
15. Changed: VideoClock and normalization video options are zone specific.
16. Changed: Reworked how resolution switching for video playback is managed so that it's handled at a more core level of the program, and merged with handling of Options > Tree & View > Full Screen > Resolution.
17. Changed: AAC Audio media type specification is changed for DVB-T/T2 television.
18. Changed: Clicking a list checkbox (pane tagging, etc.) doesn't switch the keyboard focus to the list.

17.0.39 (11/18/2011)

1. NEW: Player window displays an audio path icon.  Hoovering over the icon displays the full path of the current audio.  The icon lights up when playing in Direct mode (ie. bit-perfect output).
2. Changed: Tuned the 'Clip protection' filter of DSP Studio so that during video playback, it doesn't try to restore lost volume from clipping.
3. Changed: Tuned the response time of 'Clip protection' to be slightly slower, and made the filter more agnostic to differing input sample rates.
4. NEW: Added a 'Limiter' filter to Parametric Equalizer (still a work in progress, parameters not currently tunable).
5. Changed: Merged video volume normalization option with the updated 'Clip protection' of DSP Studio so there's only one filter in the chain responsible for the final output level.
6. Changed: Video playback requires the use of 'Clip protection' (instead of 'Overflows flatline').

J-a-k-e

• World Citizen
Re: Media Center 17.0.46 Beta -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 04:02:43 pm »

As I mentioned previously, when volume protection is enabled and "stop" is set to fadeout, volume drops to 5% after I click stop on a playing track instead of snapping back to the previously set position. This doesn't happen with track change or seek, it seems to only affect stop: fadeout. I'm assuming it has something to do with the fact that the fadeout seems to work by actively dropping playback volume

jack wallstreet

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 04:55:25 pm »

46 may not be in the auto update yet
John

Frobozz

• There is a small mailbox here.
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 12:01:48 am »

When I updated to this version I lost my settings in the move/rename dialog.  Had to re-enter the base path and select my custom rules from the recent rule dropdown.

Also, the move/rename dialog is no longer remembering my rule for directories.  I have to re-select it each time.  The rule for filename sticks.

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 03:15:27 am »

When I updated to this version I lost my settings in the move/rename dialog.  Had to re-enter the base path and select my custom rules from the recent rule dropdown.

Also, the move/rename dialog is no longer remembering my rule for directories.  I have to re-select it each time.  The rule for filename sticks.

+1

Use this feature every day and will be a pain now until it's fixed.

pluto

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2011, 06:36:16 am »

Love the way the audio path information appears when you hover over the DSP button. Nice feature for paranoid audiophiles!

steelman1991

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2011, 06:01:04 pm »

Following playback of Movies and TV Shows - app is not reverting to desktop default refresh rate and continues to run in the last viewed refresh rate (fine if file is 50 or 60Hz, most refresh rate changes are to 24Hz). Makes navigation in Theatre View extremely choppy.

This behaviour is not evident in MC 17.0.38 Beta. Reverting to this build rectifies the problem 

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2011, 11:30:47 pm »

Following playback of Movies and TV Shows - app is not reverting to desktop default refresh rate and continues to run in the last viewed refresh rate (fine if file is 50 or 60Hz, most refresh rate changes are to 24Hz). Makes navigation in Theatre View extremely choppy.

This behaviour is not evident in MC 17.0.38 Beta. Reverting to this build rectifies the problem 

There is a bit of a bug with two settings causing the issue.  For now set both the folloiwng to your prefered refresh rate (eg 50 or 60hz):
* Tools --> Options --> Tree & View --> Full Screen --> Resolution
* Tools --> Options --> Video --> Display Setting --> Default

Also set the following
* Tools --> Options --> TheaterView --> Advanced --> Framerate
JRiver CEO Elect

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2011, 10:51:04 am »

I can't reproduce this.  Any tips?

Also, be sure to take note of new the 'Preset...' button at the bottom of the dialog.  This should be a big improvement for anyone that uses this tool frequently.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Frobozz

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2011, 05:02:31 pm »

I can't reproduce this.  Any tips?

Also, be sure to take note of new the 'Preset...' button at the bottom of the dialog.  This should be a big improvement for anyone that uses this tool frequently.

I'm using a custom directory rule that looks like this:
[Library]\[Album Artist (auto)] - [Album]If(IsEmpty([Disc #],1),,-PadNumber([Disc #],2))

[Library] is a custom tag that is equal to "Rock" "Jazz" "Classical" "Blues" "World" or "Other"

If I use a preset rule like [Artist] - [Album] then the setting sticks and is remembered.  So there's something about my custom directory rule that is confusing things.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2011, 07:06:28 pm »

[Library]\[Album Artist (auto)] - [Album]If(IsEmpty([Disc #],1),,-PadNumber([Disc #],2))

Off topic, but as an a public service announcement FYI, the new IfElse and ! operator make these empty TRUE cases obsolete:

[Album Artist (auto)] - [Album]IfElse(!IsEmpty([Disc #],1), -PadNumber([Disc #],2))
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

FastKayak

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2011, 08:54:53 pm »

Playing ripped DVD's has never worked very well for me....although as best as I can tell I am running stock RO.  Now the few that had worked have also stopped working.  Interestingly, if I right click VIDEO_TS.IFO and launch PowerDVD 10 the DVD takes right off (I mention this as I believe this means the actual ripped files are healthy.)

Overall, for me, all the work into making MC a great movie player is useless.  And my 3tb drive I purchased solely to hold my DVD collection is going unused.  *sigh*

Ideas, suggestion?  Do the new features of .46, which now have stopped even my limited success, point to something I can look at to get RO up and running?  Would some sort of log file be useful?

FastKayak / Larry

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2011, 09:33:05 pm »

Playing ripped DVD's has never worked very well for me....although as best as I can tell I am running stock RO.  Now the few that had worked have also stopped working.  Interestingly, if I right click VIDEO_TS.IFO and launch PowerDVD 10 the DVD takes right off (I mention this as I believe this means the actual ripped files are healthy.)

Overall, for me, all the work into making MC a great movie player is useless.  And my 3tb drive I purchased solely to hold my DVD collection is going unused.  *sigh*

Ideas, suggestion?  Do the new features of .46, which now have stopped even my limited success, point to something I can look at to get RO up and running?  Would some sort of log file be useful?

FastKayak / Larry

Could you describe not working in a bit more detail?  It might be good to start a new thread.

FastKayak

• World Citizen
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2011, 09:59:29 pm »

Not working = MC freeze with " * Opening... "

Windows reports not responding.  I always have to use task manager to kill it.

I don't know how to link to a old thread.... but if you search for FastKayak you will find a thread on 11/15/11 at 7:48pm

FastKayak / Larry

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2011, 02:01:49 am »

Could you describe not working in a bit more detail?  It might be good to start a new thread.

I was hasty (as usual!); I had to do one rename/move and then my settings stuck.  So, working as normal for me.

steelman1991

• World Citizen
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2011, 04:14:29 am »

There is a bit of a bug with two settings causing the issue.  For now set both the folloiwng to your prefered refresh rate (eg 50 or 60hz):
* Tools --> Options --> Tree & View --> Full Screen --> Resolution
* Tools --> Options --> Video --> Display Setting --> Default

Also set the following
* Tools --> Options --> TheaterView --> Advanced --> Framerate
Thanks - that's fixed it.

Frobozz

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2011, 08:01:09 am »

I'm using a custom directory rule that looks like this:

[Library] is a custom tag that is equal to "Rock" "Jazz" "Classical" "Blues" "World" or "Other"

If I use a preset rule like [Artist] - [Album] then the setting sticks and is remembered.  So there's something about my custom directory rule that is confusing things.

I experimented a little.  I removed the [Library] field from the directory rule and the rule is now sticks.  The problem seems to be the custom field.

The Library field is:
Data Type: String
Relational: Not Relational
Edit Type: Standard
Acceptable Values: a semicolon delimited list
And Save in file tags when possible

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2011, 08:07:14 am »

I experimented a little.  I removed the [Library] field from the directory rule and the rule is now sticks.  The problem seems to be the custom field.

And if you put [Library] back in, does it forget again?

Would you be willing to email me a library backup?  I'm matt at jriver dot com.

Thanks.

Frobozz

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2011, 08:40:52 am »

And if you put [Library] back in, does it forget again?

Would you be willing to email me a library backup?  I'm matt at jriver dot com.

Thanks.

Correct.  Adding the [Library] field back makes it forget again.
I've emailed you a library backup.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2011, 10:11:56 am »

Correct.  Adding the [Library] field back makes it forget again.
I've emailed you a library backup.

Thanks.  It'll be fixed next build.

A rarely used option in the core settings object translates tokens like [Library] into a reference to another setting.  I'm changing this to an opt-in feature instead of an opt-out feature since it's so rarely used, and because it can cause trouble in unexpected cases like this.

bds3151

• Recent member
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2011, 10:36:43 pm »

I have MC17.46 and dvd's served over the network from my media server skip, stutter and and freeze. I use PowerDVD to view the same DVD's and it doesn't stutter. The latest version is slightly better but still freezes many times during a movie. The CPU and network are not highly utilized when this happens so it doesn't seem like a resource issue. I have a Vista media server and MC17 is on a Win7 system. Any ideas?

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2011, 12:58:18 am »

NVidia beta drivers 285.79 cause crashing in MC after hovering over any button.

It took me a while to figure out what was going on, so maybe this can help someone else. The 290 driver series has once again broken custom resolutions. It looks like 285.62 is the latest functional graphics driver (HD Audio 1.3.9.0 from the 290 series works well).

Supersnake

• World Citizen
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2011, 01:38:12 am »

Merged audio path and direct indication into DSP button of player window (DSP button will light up when playing direct with Noire skin).

Love the way the audio path information appears when you hover over the DSP button. Nice feature for paranoid audiophiles!

Where is this DSP "button"?   All I see is a "DSP Studio..." menu item that appears in the Player drop down menu. And within the DSP Studio window there are several check boxes and a few tabs, none of which light up or display paths.  Am I missing something?

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2011, 01:40:44 am »

Hover over the buttons under the Search area on the right.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Supersnake

• World Citizen
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2011, 02:47:08 am »

Hover over the buttons under the Search area on the right.

In my screenshot I am hovering over the Search area on the right.  
No buttons appear when I do so, the only thing that appears is a small rectangle with some inside text reading "Wizards, options and more"

Can you give me a path to that 'Search Area"?  In what window are you seeing this?
My "Search Area" on the right is in the first window that opens when I launch Media Center with the View set to Standard View.
Thanks

Addendum: If you, or any volunteer, can provide me with the path to that DSP button or even a screenshot showing where I can see a DSP 'button' that lights up would be splendid :)

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2011, 03:28:14 am »

Here it is - in the Std Skin anyway!
JRiver CEO Elect

Supersnake

• World Citizen
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2011, 04:01:26 am »

Thank you MrC and thank you Jmone,

Your screenshot cinched it for me...
I added an expanded one below.

"Hover over the Tools icon located at the far right of the position slide bar, then hover over the DSP Studio button", would alternatively describe it in words  ;)

audunth

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2011, 07:54:16 am »

14. Changed: Display changing settings in Options > Video are now zone-specific (may require manually reconfiguring applicable video options).
15. Changed: VideoClock and normalization video options are zone specific.

Thank you :)

Now, if DirectShow selection method and Default renderer also could be made zone specific, it would be great!
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC

fractaleater

• Recent member
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2011, 02:10:42 pm »

Having some trouble instantiating a valid class with Automation layer.. Perhaps the wiki page over at "Media_Center_Automation" needs an update?

Does Automation work with MC17?

Richard

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2011, 07:43:43 am »

Bug:

Select any file in a file list and open lyrics in the tag window (doesn't matter if there are any lyrics).

Now go back to the file list.  Click on any file to focus in the file list.

Now try to select all files with CTRL-A

Doesn't work while lyrics (or many other fields for that matter are open).

Close the lyrics box and CTRL-A functionality returns.

struct

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2011, 11:54:59 am »

I made changes to my gizmo views and none of them appeared on android phone.  did stop and start mc.

rick.ca

« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2011, 04:13:54 pm »

Now go back to the file list.  Click on any file to focus in the file list.

You need to click twice. The first click selects the file(s) to be displayed in the tag editor. That could be one file or a selection of files (e.g., different versions of a song for which you want to have the same lyrics). The second click changes the focus from the editor back to the list.

billiec

• Recent member
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2011, 06:06:30 pm »

Using Vista and MC 16 happily, no problems.

With MC 17 the programs goes into appcrash about 10 seconds later, no matter what I do, even if I just let it sit.
Any suggestions? ( and yes I know Vista bites it):
Here's the windows readout:
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   Media Center 17.exe
  Application Version:   17.0.46.0
  Application Timestamp:   4ed94b1f
  Fault Module Name:   ntdll.dll
  Fault Module Version:   6.0.6002.18327
  Fault Module Timestamp:   4cb73436
  Exception Code:   c0000005
  Exception Offset:   0006756c
  OS Version:   6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
  Locale ID:   1033
  Additional Information 1:   fd00
  Additional Information 2:   ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
  Additional Information 3:   fd00
  Additional Information 4:   ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2011, 06:08:46 pm »

Using Vista and MC 16 happily, no problems.

With MC 17 the programs goes into appcrash about 10 seconds later, no matter what I do, even if I just let it sit.
Any suggestions?
Download again from jriver and reinstall.  If you didn't get MC from jriver in the first place, uninstall it.

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2011, 02:02:56 am »

You need to click twice. The first click selects the file(s) to be displayed in the tag editor. That could be one file or a selection of files (e.g., different versions of a song for which you want to have the same lyrics). The second click changes the focus from the editor back to the list.

Meh.  Too subtle for me  ;D  Thanks!

Mikkel

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2011, 02:58:01 am »

Could I request some guidance for the uninformed (read: me):

When using parametric eq, when would I use a low- or high-shelf filter or just the 'regular' eq-filter?

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2011, 06:36:50 am »

The search box is finalizing too quickly...  Whenever I use the search box, I type in the first few letters and then I pause VERY briefly (a fraction of a second) while my ageing brain tries to decide what to type next, but in that time MC stops accepting input and my keystrokes are then seen as navigation around the UI rather than input to the search box...

I don't recall the search box being this sensitive...  Can we back off a bit, or add a sensitivity option...  8 times out of 10 now my searches are being cut short due to a small pause in my typing...

Related to this, when doing a search and the dropdown window appears, by the time I navigate my mouse to the window a decision has been made and the view updates with it's own choice rather than allow me to further interact...

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2011, 07:06:32 am »

Having some trouble instantiating a valid class with Automation layer.. Perhaps the wiki page over at "Media_Center_Automation" needs an update?

Does Automation work with MC17?

Richard
No known probems.  Please start a thread with some details.
Pages: [1]   Go Up