INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Client Mode importing files  (Read 924 times)

chirpp

• World Citizen
Client Mode importing files
« on: January 29, 2012, 10:23:54 pm »

At home I have drives for music, video, TV and pictures.  I use T for TV.

While at work, I use library client to listen to music.  I also have a network drive mapped for
T:.  When in client mode, it adds files from my T: drive and I really don't want that.  what setting turns this off?

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Client Mode importing files
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 03:51:17 am »

Do you have auto import enabled to run in the background?  (Tools/Options/General)

Or the option to auto import files when played? (Tools/Options/Library & Folders)

chirpp

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 12:27:31 pm »

That was it!  The Tools/Import area was greyed out, so I assumed being in Client mode disabled import.  I disabled my settings all together and removed all folders from the list as well. I am hoping that does not effect the server side but it appareas it is just my client it should affect.
Thanks!

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 03:21:56 pm »

That was it!  The Tools/Import area was greyed out, so I assumed being in Client mode disabled import.  I disabled my settings all together and removed all folders from the list as well. I am hoping that does not effect the server side but it appareas it is just my client it should affect.
Thanks!

Import should be disabled in client mode as it doesn't work (as the imports are lost every time you reload the shared library), but there are a few little things like that still loitering in the background that need tidying up.

Glad you've got it sorted.
Pages: [1]   Go Up