INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Better online database for track lookup?  (Read 1088 times)

SamuelMaki

• World Citizen
Better online database for track lookup?
« on: December 12, 2011, 06:03:09 am »

I have a lot difficulties with the YADB and I would like to prefer freedb or MusicBrainz... Is this possible? The YADB splits my albums to 2 or 3 albums (one album contains allmost all files, but 2. and 3. contains max.2 files...) I have to tag them manually after that... I use also MusicBrainz Picard for tagging, and it is much better. It can show multible entries and I can choose the right one. It is also quite fast and easy to use... It also helped me when I tried to tag some unknown files (I didnīt know the order etc.). YADB failed to determine the right order and filenames (incorrect filenimes and dublicate ones...). Musicbrainz did it right at the first time (after I did choose one of the recommended albums...). So, I would like a option to change and test multiple online databases and choose the one that fits me best :)

Examples where YADB fails:
Drying to get information for Deep Purple- House of Blue Light- Track1-10. It does fill the filenames to the tracks, BUT it doesnīt choose right ones... I get 2 Dead or Alive files (9. and 10.) when there should be just one (10.). It also does blindly assume that track order is right (it wasnīt!), so I get wrong titles on wrong files... Using MusicBrainz is better for this scenario, because I get the suggested album (House of Blue Light) and then MusicBrainz checks the file durations and set the matching filenames. Then I get right filenames on the right order :)

Some albums (almost all my Black Sabbath oldies) does get splitted to multiple albums... This also can happen when using MusicBrainz if you arenīt concentrated. But it doesnīt happen so often, and you can drag and drop the splitted files back to the right album (they get the right tag).
AMD Phemon II N930 Quad 2.0ghz, AMD Radeon HD 5650, 4GB RAM, Windows 8 RP x64

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Better online database for track lookup?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 06:45:48 am »

I have a lot difficulties with the YADB and I would like to prefer freedb or MusicBrainz... Is this possible?
YADB also uses FreeDB.

We don't plan any changes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up