INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playing Now on "There:" can't be reordered.  (Read 1922 times)

w0wbagger

• Recent member
Playing Now on "There:" can't be reordered.
« on: December 06, 2011, 02:34:44 am »

I did a bunch of searches for this, and found one instance where someone appeared to have the same problem as me, but there was no resolution.  I am using a MC16 client in my kitchen to control the Library Server at a different location, which I use as a source to my whole house speaker system.  To do this, I play to a "There:Home Audio" zone from the kitchen device.  This works great, however once something is on the There: "Playing Now" list, I can't remove it, clear the list, or reorder the list (which it never seems to add in order, if I'm adding an album).  If instead I play to "Here" (where I can reorder, delete stuff from the Playing Now panel), it just uses the speakers on the kitchen computer, which is not the desired behaviour.

Is there any way to do this with my current configuration? If not, is there a different way I should have it set up? Is there some sort of DLNA setup that would work better, giving me access to the full library on the Server for purposes of tagging, etc, while allowing me to actually change the order/remove files from the the There: Playing Now playlist?

Thanks so much for any help you can give me.  I've been a long time user of MC, but this is my first experience with zones.
I.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Playing Now on "There:" can't be reordered.
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 06:54:07 am »

It sounds like shuffle is set to on somewhere.

You may need to use a login and password to make certain changes apply.

Have you looked at Tremote?  It's on the wiki.

w0wbagger

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 01:54:54 pm »

Thanks, I'll take a look at Tremote, but isn't this something I should be able to do with the normal JRiver client?

Library server is playing files on its local machine, which gets piped throughout the house.  I'm controlling that library server from the remote WMC client on another windows box (in my kitchen).  Once I've queued some files to play, ought I not be able to reorder the playing files, remove files from the playlist, or clear the playlist altogether? All of these actions seem to have no effect whatsoever.  They don't throw an error, they just don't do anything.  Dragging a song on the "Playing Now" list to another location, just sees it go back to where it was, and trying to remove a (say, duplicate) song from the playlist doesn't do anything.  This is pretty strange behaviour for a fully developed program - I ought to be able to control the playing now list remotely, no?  I shouldn't have to recreate the entire playlist just because I have a duplicate song in there.

I just feel like I'm missing some nuance. I'd expect the WMC to be the best integrated program with the library server.  That may be a poor assumption.

Thanks,
I.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 02:02:04 pm »

I don't believe playlist re-ordering is currently supported.

You could instead build a new playlist and play that.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

w0wbagger

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 02:06:20 pm »

Where "re-ordering" includes "removing from list" as well?  Hm. That's unexpected.  I'll go see if there's a place for feature requests - this would seem to be a no-brainer.
Thanks for the heads up - at least I can stop trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.
I.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 11:46:58 pm »

Is this new feature in MC 17.0.50 relevant to what your asking?

10. NEW: When controlling a remote Media Center zone, reordering, deleting, and shuffling Playing Now is fully supported.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=68318.0
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

w0wbagger

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 11:56:52 pm »

Yes, and it works perfectly. So happy!
Pages: [1]   Go Up