INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Date handling  (Read 969 times)

Daydream

• Citizen of the Universe
Date handling
« on: December 06, 2011, 09:25:14 pm »

2 questions about [Date], [Year], [Month], [Day] fields for pictures (what I'm working with; may be the case for other types):

1) [Date] may be empty, it can have just the year, but it can't have just the year and the month (the Day becomes automatically 1). But I do not know the day, so I want the [Day] empty. What is the logic at work here?

2) I can't input January (shock face on my part) in the tag window. Year is 2000, Month is empty, Day is empty, Date is 2000 (obviously). If I type in (Tag window) the Month field January, january, 01, 1 it doesn't matter, it remains empty. Any other month works. Same if I use the field in Standard view, not the Tag window. I can't input January. And I need that month badly :). Any ideas?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Date handling
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 09:29:59 pm »

Sorry, but we don't currently support month-only dates.  Instead, you need to set the date to the first of the month.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Daydream

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 10:08:56 pm »

This won't work, it'll make certain monthly releases - daily releases. I can't differentiate between an automatic one and something released on first of the month. 0 and NULL are not the same, much less 1 and NULL :). Hoping for a future consideration for month-only dates.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 10:21:48 pm »

As a workaround, what about including a time that would never be automatic, perhaps 12:00am?
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up