INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Diplay frequency information text showing on movie, how to remove?  (Read 1878 times)

struct

• Galactic Citizen

I have accidentally pressed something (Ctrl-?) and now when watching videos the top left corner is populated with text about the display frequency, composition rate frequency, clock deviation, vsync interval etc.  I thought it might have been ctrl-j but it doesn't seem to get rid of it.  Any ideas?  Is it something from madVR?

Thanks

struct

• Galactic Citizen

okay, figured it out.  needed to right click to bring up menu, select direct show filters and bring up madvr settings.  ctrl-j from there turns on/off the OSD.  within MC ctrl-j is captured for updates.

thanks
craig

Sandy B Ridge

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Diplay frequency information text showing on movie, how to remove?
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 07:05:27 am »

I have just learned that Ctrl-J works in 'exclusive mode' in madvr also. (it will say full screen exclusive mode in the OSD rather than full screen windowed mode). But you are right you can only toggle it with the method you describe in windowed mode. Maybe we can petition Jim to change the check for updates to Ctrl-Alt-J or Ctrl-Shift-J instead so that hopefully Ctrl-J will be more consistent to show the madvr OSD?

I have the 'info' button on my remote mapped to keypress Ctrl-J so it would be nice if this consistently worked rather than only when madvr is in exclusive mode. I use it if I see any glitches in playback to try and see what is causing it. 

SBR

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 07:06:53 am »

Or madVR could move their key.

Sandy B Ridge

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 07:18:04 am »

Or madVR could move their key.
Yes, very true, or madshi could provide an additional capture for toggling the OSD in madvr that didn't map to mc.

Seems like a bit of stubborness on both sides!

Maybe for consistency madshi could change the keypress to Ctrl-Alt-Shift-J for the OSD and Ctrl-Alt-Shift-R to reset the stats, because all his other keypresses are Ctrl-Shift-Alt-xxx seemingly!

I'll let you argue it out amongst yourselves. I'm just coming from a user's perspective.

SBR
Pages: [1]   Go Up