INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto-Import Settings No Longer Library Specific  (Read 773 times)

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Auto-Import Settings No Longer Library Specific
« on: December 07, 2011, 03:55:24 pm »

I can't figure this one out...

On my Laptop, suddenly my Auto-Import settings are NOT Library Specific anymore.  If I add or remove a particular watched folder to one, the change applies to ALL of my (non-server) Libraries that I have added to this copy of MC17.  I'm not sure how to fix it, but it makes Auto Import completely unusable on this machine!

One thing that could be relevant (but should not be):  I use my main "home" library as a sort-of template for all of my other Libraries.  When I want to make a new, blank, library in MC.  I create a Backup of that library using my home machine and put the Zip file somewhere accessible (usually Dropbox).  Then make a new Library in MC on the proper machine, open it, restore the backup of my main home library to that new library (making sure to de-select the restore settings box), and then I switch to my All Files view and remove all the "media" from the library.

Is this process somehow making all my Libraries have the same GUID?  It shouldn't be this way, and it wasn't before (I've been doing this a LONG time).

Either way, I'm just completely guessing that my process has anything to do with it.  Maybe something in MC's Auto-Import settings is broken?  There is that other bug where when you add a new folder it doesn't use any of your customizations until you close and re-edit it (reported elsewhere).  Maybe Library Specificity is also broken?
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Auto-Import Settings No Longer Library Specific
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 04:30:42 pm »

I think I fixed it.

Weird.  It was using the same GUIDs for a bunch of them.  I think I messed up a long while back when I initially set up MC17, and somehow made my "default local" library have a matching GUID for my main network library (which is then used as the template for everything else).

Since I was restoring the settings from home on most new machines I set up, to get them started, it was restoring this Default Local library with the broken GUID (and then was worse on my Laptop because a third library was apparently using it as well).

Luckily, most of these had no valuable data in them currently on the laptop, so I was able to kill them and start fresh.  Killing the default library was challenging though, but I got it.

If anyone else ever has this trouble, poke me and I might be able to help you solve it.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up