INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: DVB-C again  (Read 18172 times)

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: DVB-C again
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2012, 10:36:33 am »

Thanks, yeh info is very limited and figuring it out all by yourself is very time consuming. I didn't even get that far, I couldn't even get that filter to work with the program it was meant to work with in the first place.

Maybe in a few weeks time I'll start meddling with this again ... or I'll just wait for MC to work with encrypted DVB-C channels.

nijunge

• Recent member
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2013, 07:47:17 am »

I will keep this in my old topic as I ca nsee alot happened after my initial question.

Im now back trying with the improvements made to make J-river play and record TV and with TV guide etc.

And it better now BUT I get to the point of scanning for channels finding the channels but when wanting to see them it all black.

Is it the incrioption as mentioned in this thread ?. I have tryed all I could think of.

Tuners are Digital-devices Octopus that work fine with Windows media center Win 7 on the same computer.

N

nijunge

• Recent member
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2013, 07:49:36 am »

Oh yea it goes "channel name"  on the screen when selecting a channel there after "no signal" then just black

erwinb

• Recent member
« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2013, 02:10:24 pm »

If your DVB-C channels involve encryption, then it will not work.  Encrypted channels is still on my list of tasks, but unfortunately not very high on the list.  I will get there eventually.

Hi,

I'm new to JRiver but find I can successfully play the non-encrypted TV channels but nothing else. Any chance of developments in this area? It's been a while since this post?

Using two Anysee TC30 plus in the Netherlands, which work fine (all channels) in Windows Media Center but...

Willing to test if that would help?

Thank you!

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2013, 07:26:06 pm »

Supporting encrypted channels on DVB-C and DVB-S is on my list.  Unfortunately my list is a bit long.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

MrHaugen

« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2013, 02:13:01 am »

Just push it down the list for a few more years, and TV will be no more I suspect :) Streaming will take over. It's just a question of how fast. I have no interest of a tuner any more. I stopped thinking of such 4 years ago. I know there are still many who watch TV... But are they the same persons who actually use JRiver MC? I think that most people who use MC applications are so technical that they more often than not move over to new technologies. I certainly have nothing against support for encrypted TV, but will it help many? I don't know. Would be interesting to have some details on this.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

erwinb

• Recent member
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2013, 02:19:58 pm »

I intend this to remain truely polite, however hasn't that been the response for the better part of two years now?

What would it take to make this happen? Sponsoring a cable TV subscription and reciever for the developper? I think that could be done. Thanks for your response.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up