INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: DVB-C again  (Read 18170 times)

nijunge

• Recent member
DVB-C again
« on: December 07, 2011, 04:23:02 pm »

I know this has been asked before but that is over a year ago

Im looking for support of DVB-C.  I'm using tuners from digital devices that work with windows MC being set up as a satelite tv receiver (digital devices actually have this brilliant setup with one control car with 4 port in each port can be placed two digi tuners a card reader or what ever. potential multi card readers or up to 8 digi channals and no I have no connection to them ;-)  )

But as i want to use JRiver then I was wondering if something semilar could be done

In an old post you guys asked for someone to do the tests and i will naturally do that . I'm based in Denmark where the major cable tv company are using dvb-c

nijunge

• Recent member
Re: Dvb-c again
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 03:02:53 am »

I know this has been asked before but that is over a year ago

Im looking for support of dvd-c Im using tuners from digital devices that work with windows MC being set up as a satalite tv receiver (digital devices actually have this briliant setup with one control car wit 4 port in each port can be placed two digi tuners a card reader or what ever . potential multi card readers or up to 8 digi channals and no I have no connection to them ;-)  )

but as i want to use JRiver then I was wondering if something semilar could be done

In a old post you guys asked for someone to do the tests and i will naturaly do that . im based in Denmark where the major cable tv company are using dvb-c

can anyone help still havent found anything on the topic

tls62dk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 10:11:47 am »

I am also from Denmark using DVB-C through a HDHomeRun tuner. This works great with Windows MC, but I would really prefere to handle all my media through JRiver MC.

I will also be willing to help test or provide feedback.

TLS

Sandy B Ridge

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 04:10:33 am »

Here's Jim's list from the Where we're going next thread:
Here's my list of the big pieces we'd like to add.  Please suggest other big pieces that may be missing.

1.  Better metadata

2.  Better EPG for TV

3.  Broader support for TV (DVB-S, etc)

4.  iPod/iPhone sync

5.  iPhone/iPad version of Gizmo

6.  JRiver extender devices -- one PC based, one DLNA

7.  Live TV on clients when used with Library Server

8.  Carnac assisted tagging

Being No 3 on the list is hopeful in my book, so I hope there will be something before Easter. I'm guessing that the Devs are concentrating on QAM or US Cable first since this (I presume) is their biggest market. IIRC DVB-S in the US is all encrypted with no FTA over sat, so is more complicated to implement.

In theory the code for DVB-C and DVB-S should be similar (according to MSDN) with only minor variation in tuning parameters etc. Now that timeshifting in MC can cope with h264/MPEG etc changes on the fly, I hope point No 3 will be reasonably rapid to implement.

Fingers crossed for a Happy New Year!

SBR

Trond-Eirik

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 04:54:35 am »

I'm living in norway, using canal digital cable (dvb-c) and may also be a test user on this.
I'm having a digital devices tv-card. I also have TVSource software from DVBLogic. I really would have loved to see support for this in jriver.
(would cause me to change from win7 mc to jriver mc).

-tek

MrHaugen

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2012, 08:25:13 am »

I'm also a DVB-C user from Norway. I hope C and S support is added soon. There have even been people giving 24/7 access to their computers for testing purpose. So it should be doable.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

Trond-Eirik

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2012, 11:10:42 am »

I'm also a DVB-C user from Norway. I hope C and S support is added soon. There have even been people giving 24/7 access to their computers for testing purpose. So it should be doable.
We might hope, but I have to say that I'm not very optimistic. DVB-C support have been wanted since MC 11, so I'm not sure why they would add it now when they have not attempted it before.
I really want the features of MC, but all parts must be supported. I cant have a system where I have to swap between differen user interfaces for doing different tasks (my htpc is used in my living room, and by the whole family).

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2012, 03:02:10 pm »

I'm getting "Scanning failed. Details: failed to build digital preview..." right when I try to start scanning...

Trond-Eirik

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2012, 03:19:58 pm »

Same here:

I am very happy to see that DVB-C support have beem added.
However, when I try to scan I get the following error: Failed to build digital preview graph.

windows7 x64
Digital Devices tv-tuner card
Canal Digital, Norge supplier of signals
The jmc log is available here: https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=db1e11b2cf05fb28&resid=DB1E11B2CF05FB28!1747&parid=DB1E11B2CF05FB28!124

Trond-Eirik

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2012, 05:00:20 pm »

Same here:

However, when I try to scan I get the following error: Failed to build digital preview graph.

windows7 x64
The jmc log is available here: https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=db1e11b2cf05fb28&resid=DB1E11B2CF05FB28!1747&parid=DB1E11B2CF05FB28!124

still no change in mc 17.0.85.
Is this a confirmed bug, and will it be done something about it?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2012, 05:24:17 pm »

I am still trying to figure out what is wrong.  I made a small change today.  When the next version comes out please try again.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2012, 07:01:32 pm »

I'm getting the same "Failed to build digital preview graph" error searching for ClearQAM channels.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2012, 08:07:32 pm »

I'm getting the same "Failed to build digital preview graph" error searching for ClearQAM channels.

Email me a log.

yaobing at jriver dot com

Trond-Eirik

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2012, 10:35:30 am »

btw: I get the exact same error if I try to tune in using dvb-s and the dvb-s tuner that the driver supports. In the first version it claimed to do a scan when using dvb-s, so that's a change in behaviour from the previous version. So it does not seem to be a Dvb-c spesific issue.

Louis

• Junior Woodchuck
  • It only looks like an optical illusion
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2012, 07:05:12 pm »

I'm using DVB-T and I get the same error:
"Scanning failed. Details: Failed to build digital preview graph"
Over the years I've never had any luck with the MC Television function, but at least it doesn't crash MC now so that is some progress.

The USB TV Tuner works fine with Microsoft Media Center

Media Center 17.0.85.0
Win7 x64
AVerTV Volar HD USB DVB-T Tuner

BayensF

• World Citizen
Dvb-C
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2012, 02:38:44 am »

Scanning failed. Details: failed to build digital preview... ?

Same problem, living in the Netherlands and using XMS on Windows 7 + MC 17.0.85

Terratec Cinergy DVB C Card installed. We have "Free To Air", so no CAM decoder needed  :o

I created a XML file for NID 3900, SymRate 6875, QAM 64 and Freq 304000 - 400000 with steps of 8000  :)

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2012, 02:29:04 pm »

DVB-C users, please wait for the next public release and try again.

DVB-T users, please email me a log.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2012, 02:17:19 pm »

Build 89 is out.

BayensF

• World Citizen
Re: DVB-C again
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2012, 04:02:22 pm »

Hello all,

I have build 89, it's scanning now, generates no error BUT still does not find any channel. >:(

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2012, 06:58:32 pm »

Hello all,

I have build 89, it's scanning now, generates no error BUT still does not find any channel. >:(

Please email me a log.

BayensF

• World Citizen
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2012, 01:30:34 am »

No problem,

Just let me know which log and were to find it and how to get it to you.

Trond-Eirik

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2012, 03:27:23 am »

Same here:

windows7 x64
Still failing in 17.0.89.
Log sendt by email.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2012, 08:07:43 am »

No problem,

Just let me know which log and were to find it and how to get it to you.

Read this thread for how to send logs.  Email to yaobing at jriver dot com

BayensF

• World Citizen
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2012, 08:40:06 am »

OK I just send it to you :D

tls62dk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2012, 09:31:17 am »

DVB-C does not work for me either. I have a HDHomeRun connected to Yousee in Denmark.

I select DVB-C under Scan for Channels and choose Denmark.Yousee.Copenhagen as the provider. During the scan it tells me that it scanning 31 channels (should be 54), but only list 3 or 4 of them in the list below (sometimes it finds none.) When the scan is complete MC17 crashes and has no channels in the list when I restart MC17.

TLS

Trond-Eirik

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2012, 11:06:59 am »

Still getting the same error in 17.0.91.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2012, 02:50:32 pm »

Still getting the same error in 17.0.91.

Your log shows that there was an error building a DirectShow graph when you used "Digital Devices DVB-C Tuner 1" device.  Your other log file, one for scanning shows that you used "Digital Devices DVB-C Tuner 2" for scanning and there was no problem building a graph.

So maybe it is related to the tuner device.  Try changing the order of devices on TV Settings window, with the "Move Up" and "Move Down" buttons.  By moving "Digital Devices DVB-C Tuner 2" to the top of the list, MC will try using it whenever it is idle.

It is possible that the tuner "Digital Devices DVB-C Tuner 1" was being hogged by another application, or it may have other problems.  There are also two other devices, "Digital Devices DVB-C MediaCenter Tuner 1" and "Digital Devices DVB-C MediaCenter Tuner 2".  I wonder if there is anything special about them (having "MediaCenter" in their names).  You can try moving one of those to the top of the list too.

Sandy B Ridge

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2012, 05:41:09 am »

There are also two other devices, "Digital Devices DVB-C MediaCenter Tuner 1" and "Digital Devices DVB-C MediaCenter Tuner 2".  I wonder if there is anything special about them (having "MediaCenter" in their names).  You can try moving one of those to the top of the list too.
There must be something weird in the Windows MadiaCenter implementation of DVB-C because my card also has two DVB-C devices per tuner, with one labelled as 'MediaCenter' or somesuch. I vaguely recall that it has to be presented with channels in a 'DVB-T way' or something and this alternative driver does this. ie. it fools WMC into thinking that it is a DVB-T device rather than DVB-C.

SBR

Edit: See the cryptic paragraph about DVB-C on this page on installing drivers:

http://shop.blackgold.tv/epages/BT3159.sf/en_AU/?ObjectPath=/Shops/BT3159/Categories/Support/Product_Hot_Topics/BGT3620/Setup/Installing_new_drivers

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2012, 08:13:32 am »

Thanks for the info.  I wonder if the MediaCenter device will work as a "DVB-T" device inside MC.

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2012, 09:56:50 am »

Yes, my Anysee tuner is seen as a DVB-T if I use that MCE device driver. I just can't get all the channels tuned this way (Anysee problem I think). If I choose native DVB-C driver all the channels are tuned but I get that dshow graph error if I try to watch any of the channels.

E: This actually solved graph error

Try changing the order of devices on TV Settings window, with the "Move Up" and "Move Down" buttons.  By moving "Digital Devices DVB-C Tuner 2" to the top of the list, MC will try using it whenever it is idle.

tls62dk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2012, 10:05:42 am »

I have a HDHomerun network tuner and it is receiving DVB-C from a danish provider. Using this tuner in WMC, I have to select to scan for DVB-T channels. I think the BDA driver translates it so WMC will find the channels. It works perfect here.

In MC I did a scan of DVB-C channels and found most of my channels. After that I did a DVB-T scan and found the remaining channels. Two of the channels found during the DVB-T scan is not working though, both are HD channels.

So bottom line is I have all my channels working in MC, except two. I did have to do quite a bit of clean up afterwards, since I had a lot of duplicates that did not work.

TLS

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2012, 10:06:32 am »

Any chance to get DVB subtitles also for live TV watching using MC's TV engine? They now work in MC when watching .ts recorded with DVBViewer...

tls62dk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2012, 10:08:42 am »

Subtitles in my set-up works.

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2012, 10:10:36 am »

Subtitles in my set-up works.
And they are not burned in the picture? I'll try later again when there is some english audio aired.

tls62dk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2012, 10:17:13 am »

That is a good point. I don't see a way of turning them off during live view, so I did a recording. It is not possible to turn them off when I play back the recording, so you maybe right in them getting burned into the picture.

smismu

« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2012, 05:49:32 am »

I´m a DVB-C user from germany, using a Digital Device Cine S2 TV card and MC 17.0.91.
When I try to scan, I get the error: Failed to build digital preview graph.
I asked the guys from DigitalDevice to contact JRiver to fix the problem.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2012, 08:01:02 am »

I´m a DVB-C user from germany, using a Digital Device Cine S2 TV card and MC 17.0.91.
When I try to scan, I get the error: Failed to build digital preview graph.
I asked the guys from DigitalDevice to contact JRiver to fix the problem.

Do you use a CAM device with this card?  Another user in the thread also uses a similar card and discovered that the problem may have something to do with CAM.

smismu

« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2012, 11:24:46 am »

I use a AlphaCrypt Light CI Modul for SKY.

smismu

« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2012, 11:45:28 am »

I found the problem!!!
If I turn off the CI-Modul in the configuration of the TV-Card scanning works.
All my channels are found.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2012, 12:37:38 pm »

I found the problem!!!
If I turn off the CI-Modul in the configuration of the TV-Card scanning works.
All my channels are found.

Now the question is whether you will be able to play a channel.  Another user has trouble doing that.

smismu

« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2012, 12:36:44 am »

I'm not able to play a channel.
Details:
Digital TSRenderStreamsToWriter-failed to build upperstream graph.
"Es wurden keine Zwischenfilter für die Herstellung der Verbindung gefunden"

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2012, 03:47:16 am »

Yes, my Anysee tuner is seen as a DVB-T if I use that MCE device driver. I just can't get all the channels tuned this way (Anysee problem I think). If I choose native DVB-C driver all the channels are tuned but I get that dshow graph error if I try to watch any of the channels.

E: This actually solved graph error
Your log shows that there was an error building a DirectShow graph when you used "Digital Devices DVB-C Tuner 1" device.  Your other log file, one for scanning shows that you used "Digital Devices DVB-C Tuner 2" for scanning and there was no problem building a graph.

So maybe it is related to the tuner device.  Try changing the order of devices on TV Settings window, with the "Move Up" and "Move Down" buttons.  By moving "Digital Devices DVB-C Tuner 2" to the top of the list, MC will try using it whenever it is idle.

It is possible that the tuner "Digital Devices DVB-C Tuner 1" was being hogged by another application, or it may have other problems.  There are also two other devices, "Digital Devices DVB-C MediaCenter Tuner 1" and "Digital Devices DVB-C MediaCenter Tuner 2".  I wonder if there is anything special about them (having "MediaCenter" in their names).  You can try moving one of those to the top of the list too.

Does the above mean that the Clark Anysee E30TC Plus USB 2.0 should work with MC17/MC18?

Edit: I took a bit of a gamble and got one. I can get it to work in Windows MCE, it seems to work in MC, scans channels but when I want to watch something, the screen stays black and eventually it says 'no signal'.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2012, 04:18:21 pm »

If your DVB-C channels involve encryption, then it will not work.  Encrypted channels is still on my list of tasks, but unfortunately not very high on the list.  I will get there eventually.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2012, 06:43:48 am »

How can I check if that is the problem? If I can somehow help the development I'd be happy to get you what you need. If I really can't get it to work I'll even send you the decoder in the mail if that's what you need.

But from what I gather if encryption is the problem people often do hear choppy sound or see a garbled screen. I also understand that the driver of the Anysee should take care of decryption. I really don't know though, if I could check it somehow that would be ideal.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2012, 10:39:53 am »

People are saying that at least 1 channel should not be encrypted. That channel isn't working either.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2012, 05:49:17 pm »

People are saying that at least 1 channel should not be encrypted. That channel isn't working either.

Please provide a log file.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2012, 11:24:49 am »

It appears that symbol rate and modulation type in the channel you tried to play was wrong.  Please try rescanning the channels.  If that does not help, try manually editing the channels.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2012, 01:42:10 pm »

Thanks for your help Yaobing. I've replied to your email with a new log and the following message.

I’ve created a new log, this time I was partly successful. I deinstalled the TV driver and program, cleaned up, rebooted and reinstalled, rebooted again. This time I did not choose to add the Windows Media Center layer, just the drivers.

MC18 scans as before but now a few channels are working. What I noticed is that the channels still do not have the Signal Rate and Modulation Type set.

In the log I have also added a channel list dump from the Anysee program although I don’t know if you can read it. Here’s one channels’ data taken from the program:
SvcName=RTL 4 HD
Frequency=356000000
SvcType=1
VPID=0x65<H.264>,CA=1
# of audios=2,0x66<MPEG-2>
# of audios=2,0x67<AC3>
# of teletext=1,0x72 (dut, type=1, mg#=1, pg#=0)

With the Signal Monitor I can see the following details:
Frequency: 356000
Modulation: 256QAM
Signal Rate: 6875 KSps

From my provider I got the following settings I need for my decoder:
Network: 5555
Freq: 372000
Modulation: 64QAM
Signal Rate: 6875 KSps

What I don’t understand is that in the program that came with the decoder I can set these settings, the same as I would on my settop box. But with the program when I switch channels (they all work btw) I can see the modulation changing in the Signal Monitor.

I was unsuccessful editing channels with MC18 because the fields I need to provide don’t match up with the fields I’m getting from the Anysee software. I made some guesses but for Modulation I can’t even choose 256QAM.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2012, 07:02:42 am »

I've been reading up on how other programs work with softcams and software decryption, they use a plugin called an MDAPI filter. From what I gather it's a Directshow filter used in post-processing. I read something about ffdshow as well but I'm not sure if this plugin actually works with ffdshow. I downloaded it and there's a bunch of DLL's and an .ax file that needs to be registered with regsvr32.exe.

Is this plugin usable with MC17/18 somehow and how would I go about trying/testing it?

Sandy B Ridge

« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2012, 09:16:29 am »

I've been reading up on how other programs work with softcams and software decryption, they use a plugin called an MDAPI filter. From what I gather it's a Directshow filter used in post-processing. I read something about ffdshow as well but I'm not sure if this plugin actually works with ffdshow. I downloaded it and there's a bunch of DLL's and an .ax file that needs to be registered with regsvr32.exe.

Is this plugin usable with MC17/18 somehow and how would I go about trying/testing it?
I briefly looked into this a while back, but never really got as far as installing anything since I got rid of my subscription around the same time. From memory, there were about three MDAPI filters or so on the web, one of which had source code available too IIRC. I think it was mdapiplus.
There's very little information that I could get hold of from the developers of these filters. They seem to lie low. I don't think it's as easy as just slotting them into the directshow filter graph and they just work. It sounds like there needs to be some other interaction to make them work. I couldn't even find out where in the graph they should go. I presume they go between the BDA driver and the splitter. Then there was the relationship between the mdapi filter and the cam to consider and how that is regulated.
All sounds a bit of a headache.
Since I don't have a subscription card anymore I didn't look into it any further.

A start would be to get the MDAPIfilter that you've got 'whitelisted' by JRiver so that you could at least try and fit it in somewhere in the graph.

SBR
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up