INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Output directory info  (Read 7450 times)

mgendron

• Recent member
Output directory info
« on: December 09, 2011, 06:09:41 am »

Bonjour. When I try to rip a cd a message appear - the output directory could not created for one or more 2-check output directory- I check but when I rip another cd everything is OK. What am I doing wrong? Merci

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Output directory info
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 06:23:24 am »

The name (directory +file) may be too long.

mgendron

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 07:01:01 am »

The name (directory +file) may be too long.

It is a 6 cd set, and 4 of them did rip. They have approximitly the same directory/file. I try to short them but same message. Merci.

MrHaugen

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 07:21:21 am »

Perhaps they have so similar names/titles that it tries to create double directory? Just a wild idea.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2011, 07:51:08 am »

What are the complete album and artist names?

eapool

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2011, 08:08:31 am »

I have had a similar issue when the name of the track/ album/ artist contains a character that is not valid for a directory or filename and/ or multiple concurrant spaces in the filename.  Double check the names of the tracks and make sure there is nothing 'illegal' in the track/ album/ artist that could prevent the directory from being created.

Alex

JohnT

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2011, 08:59:04 am »

Please send a log file of the failed rip process to:
johnt at jriver dot com
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

JohnT

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2011, 02:49:42 pm »

This is probably a case of the length of the path of the ripped file exceeding the system maximum.  We truncate the filename if needed, but not the folder names so they are probably the problem.  We've fixed this in the latest Media Center 17 build.  For a work-around in other builds, either shorten your Artist and Album names prior to ripping, or use a different rule for building file and folder names (see File Location - Ripping).

mgendron

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2011, 05:56:17 am »

What are the complete album and artist names?

This is a box set of differente german composers divided in 6 cds. I had two others cds (diffirent) which the message appear. I try to change the filename in the beginning of ripping and nothing change.

JohnT

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2011, 08:54:22 am »

This is a box set of differente german composers divided in 6 cds. I had two others cds (diffirent) which the message appear. I try to change the filename in the beginning of ripping and nothing change.
Have you tried shortening the Artist and Album fields on the CD before ripping them?

mgendron

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2011, 12:16:10 pm »

Have you tried shortening the Artist and Album fields on the CD before ripping them?

Yes I try and nothing different happened. So I decide to rip them with windows media, and it works with wav. And the albums just appeared on media centre, as wav, and works fine. ??

JohnT

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2011, 08:17:13 am »

When you view the CD prior to ripping, what do the Name, Artist, and Album columns show?  Could you copy and paste them here?

Try this test:

1. Select just one track for ripping and change the fields for that one track to:
  Name: "test name"
  Artist: "test artist"
  Album: "test album"
  Let it rip.

2. If that rips ok, change the Album name for that track back to what it was and try ripping that one track again.

3. If that rips ok, change the Artist name for that track back to what it was and try ripping that one track again.

4. If that rips ok, change the track name back to what it was and try ripping again.

Please let me know the results.

mgendron

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2011, 05:29:25 pm »

When you view the CD prior to ripping, what do the Name, Artist, and Album columns show?  Could you copy and paste them here?

Try this test:

1. Select just one track for ripping and change the fields for that one track to:
  Name: "test name"
  Artist: "test artist"
  Album: "test album"
  Let it rip.

2. If that rips ok, change the Album name for that track back to what it was and try ripping that one track again. 3. If that rips ok, change the Artist name for that track back to what it was and try ripping that one track again.

4. If that rips ok, change the track name back to what it was and try ripping again.

Please let me know the results.

Salut. It work. I fellow every words you said and it work. Able of ripping. It may work by using the tag for changing the informations (I change the first track them I used the tag ) Merci.

Thanks a lot!

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2011, 05:37:57 pm »

Which step was the one that allowed the rip to complete?
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

mgendron

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2011, 06:09:42 pm »

Which step was the one that allowed the rip to complete?

I begin with the album name and it rip, then with the 2 others when I rip it just go to a page of the newest ripping. Then I use tag to rename all the othres. I notice then that I was unable to change name before because it was wrote various artists and I could'nt change that with a clic of the mouse. It was kind of wihte and nothing happen when you clic on it. Again thanks for ther tip and sorry for the english.
Pages: [1]   Go Up