INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with getting the convolution-engine to work...  (Read 1634 times)

Mikkel

• Galactic Citizen
Help with getting the convolution-engine to work...
« on: January 18, 2012, 08:09:24 am »

Hi,

I decided to test the new convolution-engine (finally throwing myself into DRC). Well, I cannot get it to work - most likely because of my own lack of abilities.

Anyway, could someone assist me and try load the filters from the link below - or just take a look at them to see if they are in the correct format etc. It consists of a config-file and two filtres (stereo-setup). You will have to adjust the config-file depending on where you save the filters on your HDD.

The two filters were generated from REW-sweeps, then exported as 16 bit 44.1khz impulse response filters (mono).
I then enable the convolution engine, load the config-file, play a pink PN-signal and look at the analyzer. No reaction. Tried it on two different computers (using directsound).

http://www.mediafire.com/?33a31fxgs7ur4qi

EDIT: I should perhaps mention I'm using build 68.

Best regards,
Mikkel

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Help with getting the convolution-engine to work...
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 08:41:52 am »

That configuration is working here.  Analyzer shows lots of correction (as opposed to a flat line) when playing pink noise.

Try turning it on and off, and also starting and stopping playback (or even the program).

Anyway, could someone assist me and try load the filters from the link below - or just take a look at them to see if they are in the correct format etc. It consists of a config-file and two filtres (stereo-setup). You will have to adjust the config-file depending on where you save the filters on your HDD.

Just a little note that you can use relative paths, or even incorrect paths with our convolution engine.  Full paths are also supported (of course), but not necessary.  So just keep the filter files next to the configuration and you're set.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 08:48:19 am »

This may be the same problem you're having here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=68679.0

I can't explain that one.  It would be interesting to try a full uninstall and reinstall.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Mikkel

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 09:07:01 am »

Indeed I have that problem. However, running MC on a different computer makes no difference - so it seems installation independent.

It couldn't be something silly like in Denmark we use "," instead of "." compared to UK and US, thus the computations are incorrect or something?

Anyway, here you have pictures of my settings:

http://Zeroup.dk/get/355.jpg

http://Zeroup.dk/get/422.jpg

Best regards,
Mikkel

Mikkel

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 09:15:48 am »

To answer my own question: I tried switching from Danish to English language settings. Made no change. I'll try a complete reinstall. But as mentioned, I'm running MC on two separate computers, and neither seems to work with the convolution engine.

Mikkel

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Help with getting the convolution-engine to work... [SOLVED]
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 09:26:35 am »

Hi again again Matt!

Your advice to completely reinstall seemed to work! I had both MC 16 and 17 installed. Don't know if that was causing a conflict. Anyway, it works!
It could prove to solve my other problem with lack of sub-eq as well.

I'll let you know in the other thread once I get the time.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 09:47:54 am »

I'll merge this with the other thread on this topic.
Pages: [1]   Go Up