INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do you want to remove this folder  (Read 1743 times)

Beamer

• Galactic Citizen
  • True wisdom is in knowing you know nothing
Do you want to remove this folder
« on: December 10, 2011, 04:04:16 pm »

This message is being sent to my primary monitor that is switched off. It needs to be sent to the active monitor, in my case the secondary monitor.

Can we have a facility to disable this altogether?

Checking do not show me this again is presumably specific to that folder rather than global ?
The Future is Remote!

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Do you want to remove this folder
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 04:24:44 am »

Checking do not show me this again is presumably specific to that folder rather than global

This should be global. Is that not your experience?

Beamer

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 04:31:30 am »

This should be global. Is that not your experience?

Indeed that is the case. Each time a series folder empties it asks if I want to delete the folder in spite of checking don't show me this again on earlier occasions.

I am running beta 50 release.
The Future is Remote!

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 05:07:43 am »

I am not aware of any special case handling for series folders, and ran a quick search of the change logs in case I had missed something, but failed to find anything relative.

There has been a lot of work in this area over build 16 and 17 so would not be surprised if something did change, intentionally or otherwise, that escaped me.

I'm not sure if it is possible for you to check with a non-series folder of test stuff to see if you receive the prompt there also?

Is there anything 'special' about your series folders? UNC shares or mapped drives, for example?
Is your library local, shared, or served?

Are you OK with registry browsing? If yes, have a look at "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Center 17\Properties\Confirm" and find "Remove Empty Folders" in the list on the right. If its value is "1", then that means "Don't ask again" and the "Last Value" indicates the action MC will perform without asking.

If all of that is as it should be, you may have found a bug, though more information is needed in order to confirm this.

-marko

Beamer

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 04:17:24 pm »

"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Center 17\Properties\Confirm" and find "Remove Empty Folders" in the list on the right. If its value is "1", then that means "Don't ask again" and the "Last Value" indicates the action MC will perform without asking.

-marko

Thanks for your input. Unfortunately "Remove Empty Folders" does not exist in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Center 17\Properties\Confirm registry section!  I checked both version 16 & 17 and neither of them has this key.
The Future is Remote!

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 12:45:55 am »

That doesn't sound right ?

UAC issue perhaps? Matt?

Beamer

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 02:02:25 am »

That doesn't sound right ?

UAC issue perhaps? Matt?

This is a dedicated HTPC, UAC is disabled and aside from filters for WMC, JRiver is the only software installed!
The Future is Remote!
Pages: [1]   Go Up