INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zooming images fails  (Read 3472 times)

mbagge

• Galactic Citizen
Zooming images fails
« on: December 10, 2011, 04:06:10 pm »

When I am running MC 17.0.50 in theater view and plays images and do pan and zoom, I often get this error: "Error drawing Direct3D (device lost).
I cannot provoke the error when panning and zooming the same images not in theater view.

Is this error connected to the new exclusive display mode in theater view ?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Zooming images fails
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 06:34:06 pm »

Are you using the experimental exclusive mode Theater View drawing?  Does it fix it if you disable that?  This feature isn't ready or recommended for wide-spread use.

If that's not it, you might make sure you have the latest video drivers installed.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Mars

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 02:46:10 pm »

I'm getting the same error in versions 50 and 59. Exclusive mode unchecked and latest drivers intalled.

Any ideas? ?

Emailsubs3

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2011, 07:22:06 pm »

Same here... same error with 50 and 59, but not 46 (?).

If the images are cycled through in my Playing Now window (right-click, Image->Folder), I will eventually get the error. I also get the error when there's only one image, and I don't need to zoom on the image.

I can usually fix it by right-clicking the Playing Now window and select Cover art.

Cheers,

David

Mars

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2011, 08:56:17 am »

I'll try to elaborate a little:

The issues started in v.50:

- In Theater View I notice some artifacts in the letters when rolling the items in the main menu.
- At the Playing Now page, the position "dot" doesn't move continuously but abruptly, and during the artist slide show I get intermittent drawing Direct3D errors (which last less than one second on the screen).
- If I enable the old Playing Now plugin, which overlays some info of the current track on the screen, it also suffers some kind of artifacts or ghosting and it worked perfectly in all the previous versions.

In some way, the experimental exclusive mode Theater View drawing seems to be causing instability in my system (Win XP), even when it is disabled.

Mars

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 04:05:43 pm »

mbagge, Emailsubs3,

To look for coincidences, are you also in Win XP?

mbagge

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2011, 09:19:48 am »

I am running Win7 64bit and the latest MC17.
Even after updating ATI Catalyst twice (now on version 11.12), I still have the problem.

lowjoel

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2011, 05:18:44 pm »

I just re-read the OP, and I think I should note that opening image files in MC and then zooming them in and out will also trigger this behaviour, but with a slight difference.

Zooming in and out will work most of the time (a bit sluggish on my 3 year old graphics card... too bad it's a laptop) but after a while of zooming and panning the same image will be stuck on the screen. MC hasn't hung -- by pressing Esc this error pops up for a brief moment before going back to the library view.

Exclusive mode on theater view has been disabled for me (I don't think this has any effect in my instance?)

MarkGrigsby

• World Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2011, 05:24:15 pm »

Seems to be fixed for me in build 60.  Can others confirm?

lowjoel

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2011, 05:25:16 pm »

Hmm, I can try, but this is rather intermittent so the lack of the error may not be that the problem is fixed. I'll keep my eyes peeled, though.

lowjoel

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2011, 05:27:52 pm »

In my case, I've just managed to trigger this problem again, though I note that it is much more tolerant than before (in that I've seemed to switch more images and zoom/pan more before it happens)

MarkGrigsby

• World Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2012, 05:56:31 am »

Same here.  I thought it was fixed but saw the problem again last night.  Much rarer than before (used to happen on every photo zoom for me previously), but still there...

Emailsubs3

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2012, 05:07:07 pm »

Mars,

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit, with DirectX 11. And MC 17.0.60, with latest video drivers.
Still happening...

Cheers

EM

lowjoel

• World Citizen
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2012, 05:38:13 pm »

If it helps, I'm running a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3400 on a Win 7 Pro 64-bit laptop (so it tops off at DX10). The driver is 8.911.0.0, dated 25/10/11 (didn't bother with Catalyst...)

Mars

• World Citizen
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2012, 08:11:01 am »

Maybe the solution suggested in this thread: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=68776.msg463375#msg463375 could also work here.

Let's try in the coming release  ;).

lowjoel

• World Citizen
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2012, 08:25:21 am »

It sounds like the bugfix in build 61 would solve the problem; I'd gladly await the fix.

lowjoel

• World Citizen
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2012, 05:26:32 pm »

I've tested this on build 62 for about 5 minutes and the problem does indeed seem fixed (the bug can usually be triggered in <1 min with rapid scrolling/zooming). Thanks Matt.

Mars

• World Citizen
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2012, 03:37:06 pm »

Same issues in Theater View on build 62  :( :

- In Theater View I notice some artifacts in the letters when rolling the items in the main menu.
- At the Playing Now page, the position "dot" doesn't move continuously but abruptly, and during the artist slide show I get intermittent drawing Direct3D errors (which last less than one second on the screen).
- If I enable the old Playing Now plugin, which overlays some info of the current track on the screen, it also suffers some kind of artifacts or ghosting and it worked perfectly in all the previous versions.

No problems on build 46.

Emailsubs3

• Recent member
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2012, 10:38:30 pm »

A quick update... Build 62 appears to have fixed my problem.

Regards
EM

mbagge

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2012, 06:17:35 am »

Build 62 has helped on my problem too even though I still get the error in between, but I can continue panning and zooming after the error when the image resumes displaying the screen.
Absolutely better than before but there are still room for improvement  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up