INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I quickly get back to the program I'm already watching?  (Read 908 times)

greg.smalter

• World Citizen
How do I quickly get back to the program I'm already watching?
« on: December 12, 2011, 09:21:39 pm »

Here's the scenario: I am watching PBS. I hit the Back button on the MCE remote, twice (possibly by mistake). At this point, it takes me 10 button presses (if I make no errors) to get back to where I was. It could take more or less depending on what channel I am viewing and how many channels are available in the guide (I just have an antenna so I only have 15 channels, and it still takes this long). I have to re-select the Guide, then go to the specific program I am already watching in the guide, and select it. It basically takes as long as if I were browsing for it for the first time.

The Live TV button works great to go quickly to Live TV if I'm not already watching Live TV, but if I am already watching it and back out, the Live TV button does nothing.

greg.smalter

• World Citizen
Re: How do I quickly get back to the program I'm already watching?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 10:38:34 pm »

I've figured out a more concise example. A common thing to do while watching Live TV is to browse the guide for other stuff that is on, and to then decide you want to continue watching the channel you are already watching. In MC, everything is fine until that last step. In WMC and every other DVR program I've used, the last step takes one button press. In MC, the only way I've found to do it is to re-find the program I'm already watching in the guide and select it (oh and then hit Watch). How can I do it in one button press?
Pages: [1]   Go Up