INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Install Wizard locking up  (Read 1244 times)

KJohnTSGH

Install Wizard locking up
« on: December 15, 2011, 12:47:01 pm »

I have successfully downloaded MC17 beta version 17.050.  However, when I try to run the installation wizard, I can get through the initial questions but it locks up as soon as it starts trying to copy files.  What path do I need to take to troubleshoot this?   

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Install Wizard locking up
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 12:53:49 pm »

I have successfully downloaded MC17 beta version 17.050.  However, when I try to run the installation wizard, I can get through the initial questions but it locks up as soon as it starts trying to copy files.  What path do I need to take to troubleshoot this?   
Exactly what do you see on the screen?

These kinds of problems are almost always caused by "security" software of some kind.  A virus checker, for example.

KJohnTSGH

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 03:38:47 pm »

I see the Install Wizard box, which says "Copying files".  After a few seconds if you click anywhere on the box it says (Not Responding).  The computer has a Symantec Endpoint Protection client on it.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 03:43:15 pm »

MC needs access to the Internet at times.  

I'm sorry but you'll need to experiment on your side to get it going.  Maybe the security software has instructions.  Disabling it is the first thing to try.

The most likely possibility is that something on your PC is preventing MC from continuing.

KJohnTSGH

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, 05:23:26 am »

In searching the forum, I ran across the suggestion of running the install with the /NoUpgrade command and that appears to have made all the difference.
Pages: [1]   Go Up