INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Import - ignore files previously deleted not working for .ifo/.mpls/.etc.  (Read 735 times)

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

I have a handful of disks where I keep both the ripped folder structure (for backup purposes) and an MKV file of the actual content.  Mostly I keep .iso files when I want a backup, but not always.  When I do an import of my 'movies' folder to pick up any new stuff I have added or changed, it always picks these up and re-adds all of the .ifo/.mpls/.m2ts/index files.  Just did an import to pick up the one new file that should have been out there, and it pulled in 400+ files to the library.  Not a huge deal to delete them again (I can easily find them in my 'all by location' view), but shouldn't the 'ignore deleted files' option keep this from happening?  It only seems to happen to ripped disk folders.  The .iso files that I deleted from the library never get pulled back in.

And as to why keep both - for disks that are hard to get a hold of or are that are in an obsolete format (HDDVD), I like having the extra full backup for piece of mind.  One day (for example) my HDDVD drive will stop working, and it may be difficult to replace.

Edit:  One thing on the .ifo files.  These are 'stacked' under the .mkv file in my libraray - but every time I import it pulls them back in as 'new'.  If I expand/collapse the stack they disappear.  Same thing with one of the .bdmv files that does this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up