INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 20   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote, a new native iOS remote for JRiver Media Center  (Read 281286 times)

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRemote, a new native iOS remote for JRiver Media Center
« Reply #500 on: August 30, 2012, 12:21:14 pm »

Since you're requiring iOS 5+ now, it'd be nice if JRemote saved the configuration info (servers and whatnot) to iCloud.

Also, the new iPad version doesn't seem to be remembering the list-style (thumbs, list, and whatever you call the list one with the thumbs) through restarts of the App.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

pcstockton

« Reply #501 on: August 30, 2012, 12:50:42 pm »

I, too, would like to know If there is a way to come back to the previous version? I

Yes you can, if you haven't synced your apps yet.  Delete the new updated app from your iOS device, then sync apps and it should put the old one back on your device.
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

csimon

« Reply #502 on: August 30, 2012, 01:54:33 pm »

Just received the latest and update and....Wow!

This is certainly the best app, either server remote or DLNA app, that I've tried, and I've tried a few!  It is slick and attractive adn "just works".

I haven't thrashed it yet to see if I can make it crash or find any esoteric problems.

Some minor suggestions I have:

1. Where "Player" and "This Device" are shown as Zones, could you display the name of the current server instead of "Player" (the name has to be defined to JRemote anyway ont he server configuration) and, similarly, is there a way to display the actual name of "This Device" which should be stored somewhere int he IOS settings?  Is this something that other people might find useful too?

2. Now Playing is looking a bit neglected compared with the browse screens!  I actually like the style of Plugplayer's Now Playing screen, and also when you rotate to portrait mode, the cover artwork takes precedence and the onlt other things ont he screen are basic metadat and transport/volume controls. The play/browse list is accessible by a clickable button. So could you hide the playlist in the same way that you've done on the browse screens, by being able to "drag it up"? In fact, that whole control bar at the bottom could be carried over to the Now Playing screen.  I attach (hopefully) a couple of screenshots of Plugplayer.

broncodan

• World Citizen
« Reply #503 on: August 30, 2012, 05:53:03 pm »

updated to new version - can't even seem to find the browsing section of the app??? Something isn't right - I can only see now playing and the home page which is just the jremote logo and version (2.5).  Any suggestions?

It also reset my server information and I had to re enter the key.....

Magog

• Recent member
« Reply #504 on: August 30, 2012, 06:10:26 pm »

Tank you for the new update
I'use whith mu Ipad
Very very happy , just missing the Record the playlist
Is the best remote for JRiver
 ;D :D

Magog

• Recent member
« Reply #505 on: August 30, 2012, 06:17:18 pm »

In french now

Merci beaucoup pour la nouvelle version
C'est le meilleurs updates jusque a date
JRemote est le meilleurs remote pour jriver sur le marché.
Il manque juste l'application pour enregistrer les plays liste de jremote
Un coup cela réaliser vous ne touchez plus a rien, c'est parfait
Merci encore pour votre bon travail ;D ;)

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #506 on: August 31, 2012, 06:52:42 am »

broncodan, if you try to reconnect several times, is the navigation still not visible?

broncodan

• World Citizen
« Reply #507 on: August 31, 2012, 09:29:48 am »

Hi,

I have tried connecting and re-connecting multiple times; I have deleted and reset the server multiple times. It will allow me to enter a key and connect but will not let me add the ip address and connect - so that is weird.  Was working with previous version both ways.  Let me know if there is anything else I can try or any other information you need.

Thanks.

frederick184

« Reply #508 on: August 31, 2012, 10:55:51 am »

Sorry guys, there is no way to get back to previous versions, its a limitation of the app store.
I recommend that those depending on the dark theme wait a bit, I am working on it at the moment, and hope to include it in the next bugfix update.

I will try to release the updated version this weekend, so you will have it by next week.

Fred1, I not yet been able to reproduce your issue. I have tried with JRiver version 15 in all possible configurations.
As far i I know you are the only one having this issue, but at the same time its a critical issue, so I need to find the cause.

MasterC, your issue is also quite hard to track down, and I will need more time on that.
Can you think of any differences between your two servers? I`m thinking specifically about how jriver is configured.

Actually I am having this issue too.  I updated the app, and it lost all my server details.  When I try to connect using IP address it says it can find my server but authorization has failed.  I do not have a username and password so left this blank.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no success.  The PC that this is on is not connected to the Internet so I cannot use the access key method.  It all worked flawlessly with the previous version.  I am running MC17.0.182.

Colin

broncodan

• World Citizen
« Reply #509 on: August 31, 2012, 12:25:13 pm »

I have gone back to the older version and it works with the access key.  Not sure what the issue is with new version.  I did notice that everything I play ends on a recently imported playlist but it doesn't update the imported date or anything in the library that I can tell and that list disappears when I close and reopen MC - so I don't think it is an issue.

I did notice that play count, skip count, and associated dates do not update.  Is this something that could be added or added as an option (like ratings?).

Another option that would be cool is if you could map playcounts to a separate custom column e.g. played from my jukebox.

Thanks.

broncodan

• World Citizen
« Reply #510 on: August 31, 2012, 05:09:03 pm »

Okay - starting to use a bit more I have a few more suggestions:

1 - an option to "add to playlist and shuffle playlist' when you want to add another artist or playlist to the playing now.  As it is it just adds to the end of the playlist (or play all next).  The reason this would be a good option is if you are adding multiple artist to the playlist - you may want them to be shuffled.  Or a shuffle button on the now playing list - so you could add what you want and then go push shuffle.  OR an "on the go" type playlist ala apple - add artists, playlists, etc to playlist then add that to now playing.  Maybe too much that way though - as then people may want to save playlist and transfer back to MC (which would be cool but not necessary).

2 - an option on the now playing list - to clear playlist - as it is now you have to clear it from the selection page

3 - settings option on the bottom of the screen (or the option to switch out the bottom) - for instance I don't (currently) use the video setting - I would rather have the settings button there (although maybe once you have it set up you may not mess with that much) but since I am new it is a pain to have to keep going back.

Thanks again.

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #511 on: August 31, 2012, 05:36:06 pm »

I`m having a hard time finding any problems related to server connections. At least I cant reproduce it on my setup.
broncodan and frederick184, are you 100% sure it is a problem with the new version?. Please double check IP`s etc.

pcstockton

« Reply #512 on: August 31, 2012, 06:04:46 pm »

Les Paul,

i dont think anything has changed RE: server connections, i.e. these existed in previous version(s).

On my home computer I can connect via either access key or IP. 
But if I initially connect via access key over wifi, I cannot find server when off home network, even though the Global IP is in there and correct.

For me, to be able to connect remotely I must create the server off network, then connect via global IP.

For my Buddy #1, he must use the access key, then delete IP and enter global.
Buddy #2 is identical to me.

Eventually we can all get connected.  The key, for me, is to do this over 3G not Wifi.

This was the same in previous versions.

Thanks!!!
Patrick

HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

MasterC

• Recent member
« Reply #513 on: August 31, 2012, 10:49:41 pm »

updated to new version - can't even seem to find the browsing section of the app??? Something isn't right - I can only see now playing and the home page which is just the jremote logo and version (2.5).  Any suggestions?

It also reset my server information and I had to re enter the key.....

This is the exact same problem I was previously describing for myself....broncodan, did you manage to get yours to work at all???

Zootsuit

• World Citizen
  • too cool for school
« Reply #514 on: September 01, 2012, 01:32:09 pm »

Hi Lespaul

I have installed the new release but am encountering the same issues I had before.

To recap briefly: I have a very large library mostly audio files, and those are principally FLAC. With JRemote, I can access artists alphabetically, but (a) Search returns nothing; (b) Albums tells me 'loading media...please wait' and hangs for long periods of time. I can access genres (where I have tags like 'jazz-piano'), Composer and Highly Rated.

The search capacity  is quite important to me. Is this a function of library size? Is it possible to add filters so that the search is restricted to the artist or name fields?

Thnx/zootsuit

broncodan

• World Citizen
« Reply #515 on: September 01, 2012, 01:39:46 pm »

Hi,

I tried the new version on 2 different Ipads that I have (original and #2) and the same issue with both.  I have attached a picture of what it looks like.  I am not able to get access at all with the IP address - it does connect via the key but still no joy on any browsing or library.  I also thought it might be an issue if updating the app as opposed to downloading it fresh from the app store so I deleted it from my ipad and downloaded a new one from the appstore and it behaves exactly the same way.

Fortunately I saved the older version and am able too use that.  Hopefully you can find the bug.

On a side note the new version works on my iphone.  So maybe it is an ipad only issue?

MasterC

• Recent member
« Reply #516 on: September 01, 2012, 02:33:21 pm »

Hi,

I tried the new version on 2 different Ipads that I have (original and #2) and the same issue with both.  I have attached a picture of what it looks like.  I am not able to get access at all with the IP address - it does connect via the key but still no joy on any browsing or library.  I also thought it might be an issue if updating the app as opposed to downloading it fresh from the app store so I deleted it from my ipad and downloaded a new one from the appstore and it behaves exactly the same way.

Fortunately I saved the older version and am able too use that.  Hopefully you can find the bug.

On a side note the new version works on my iphone.  So maybe it is an ipad only issue?

Just to confirm that is the exact same screen that I am getting.....

mantis07

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #517 on: September 01, 2012, 03:41:01 pm »

Yes you can, if you haven't synced your apps yet.  Delete the new updated app from your iOS device, then sync apps and it should put the old one back on your device.
Thx for the tip, I forgot about that. I deleted the new version on the Ipad and then opened Itunes on the PC and copied the 2.01 version of JRemote to the IPad.  I'm happy again. I guess it's just me but I much prefer 2.01.... ;/)

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #518 on: September 01, 2012, 05:30:14 pm »

broncodan and masterC, I`d appreciate if you could check something for me.

Paste this in your browser: http://10.0.1.10:52199/MCWS/v1/Browse/Children, and tell me what you get in return. (Replace the actual ip to your server).
You should get an xml list in return, and i`d just like to see if everything looks ok.

broncodan

• World Citizen
« Reply #519 on: September 01, 2012, 06:34:40 pm »

Here is what I got:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="true"?>
-<Response Status="OK"> <Item Name="Audio">1</Item> <Item Name="Playlists">4</Item> <Item Name="Images">2</Item> <Item Name="Video">3</Item> <Item Name="Playlists">4</Item> </Response>

Fred1

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #520 on: September 01, 2012, 10:55:52 pm »

broncodan and masterC, I`d appreciate if you could check something for me.

Paste this in your browser: http://10.0.1.10:52199/MCWS/v1/Browse/Children, and tell me what you get in return. (Replace the actual ip to your server).
You should get an xml list in return, and i`d just like to see if everything looks ok.

I tried this, too.
OS is Windows XP Professional.

My result is a dialog, which asks for my username and password.
After entering the correct values, this same diolog pops up again and again.
Username and password aren't accepted.

When i try via RDP (using the iTeleport app), there is no problem to connect with the same data.
I can remote control this computer.

With the last version of JRemote there was no problem, too.
Unfortunately, i was not able to restore the last version of JRemote.

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #521 on: September 02, 2012, 03:12:48 am »

broncodan, could you contact me by email, I`m gonna have to ask you to beta test the new version before release.

Fred1, if you are not able to connect using the url i provided, that means that the username or password is wrong.
Please verify this in MC under tools > options > network > advanced.

Fred1

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #522 on: September 02, 2012, 05:04:59 am »

Fred1, if you are not able to connect using the url i provided, that means that the username or password is wrong.
Please verify this in MC under tools > options > network > advanced.

Thanks, that did the job!
I entered a new username and password in MC, then tried to connect with JRemote and … it works.

Nice new version as far as i can see it in the short time i used it now!

daveman

• Galactic Citizen
  • I am still a baby user of JRiver :)
« Reply #523 on: September 02, 2012, 03:12:58 pm »

Love the new version.

Some comments.

1. in "playing Now" when you are in view Metatags the volume  and % of song played are cut off.

2. I would love to see a way to reorder song in the Playing Now section (by dragging above or below another song) or the ability to REMOVE a song from this list.

3. Recent Import - Is there a way to list Audio versus Video separately?  That is Recently Imported Audio and Recently Imported Video?  This is a nuisance as i frequently import both.

4.  Thanks for getting video to finally work.  I note that only .mp4 works (as expected).  I use airvideo to transcode avi files onto my IPad (JRiver does not transcode properly - at least I have never gotten it to work).  Anyway to use something like that to transcode into JRiver?  That way I could use a single program for all my audio and video needs.  That is truly the one missing thing for making this the BEST App on my IPAD.

Thanks for all the hard work

Dave

broncodan

• World Citizen
« Reply #524 on: September 04, 2012, 11:22:44 am »

email was sent yesterday to the email in your profile.

daveman

• Galactic Citizen
  • I am still a baby user of JRiver :)
« Reply #525 on: September 04, 2012, 12:32:11 pm »

-----------
email was sent yesterday to the email in your profile
---------

who was this referred to?

broncodan

• World Citizen
« Reply #526 on: September 04, 2012, 12:35:05 pm »

Lespaul....

HiFiTubes

« Reply #527 on: September 06, 2012, 08:29:27 am »

Hoping for the next release soon as the current is getting unusable.

Can't connect half the time on LAN. Restarting MC or JRemote sometimes helps, or toggling the authentication option.

Also, the scrolling bug is still in the newest version; crashes the app every time you scroll quickly in the left menu.

TXgary

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #528 on: September 06, 2012, 09:23:49 pm »

I copied your reply to my question on search some time back. 
Your response is below.
I don't really understand, you have a terrific app and could be the best app for handling JMC.
But your competitor can in fact show the artist and the album for the search results so that it is easy to identify which song named "Crazy" (as an example) I am selecting. This is very important. 
You are head and shoulder above the competition except for this area, and it is a requirement.
Have you reassessed this limitation and maybe a work around. 
My River is showing the search results needed to determine which song to select.  Where are they getting the information if it is not available to you?
I have to use both products because of this issue only.
Thanks for a great product.

The following is from early dialog, sorry don't know how to cut and paste that earlier stuff.....

The search is limited by by MC`s webservice.
While their fuzzy search engine is quite amazing, the data you can get from the webservice is limited.
There is no possible way to get cover art or even get the artist or album for a track. You get the track name, and that's it.

I am hoping that JRiver will improve the search capabilities in upcoming versions.

I suspected this was the case, but thanks for confirming.

I too hope they improve this in the API.  I'm sure they'll listen to you on this, so thanks for commenting.

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #529 on: September 08, 2012, 08:55:32 am »

I have just submitted the next version for approval. I had two guys with problems beta test (Thank you), and it seems like their problems are now resolved.

In addition I have completed the dark theme for the new interface, image attached.

I also added an option to not update zone on server, only locally on device.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #530 on: September 08, 2012, 09:34:16 am »

Many many thanks!

nickba

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #531 on: September 10, 2012, 04:21:40 am »

Great news Lespaul !!!! Thanks.

davros

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #532 on: September 10, 2012, 08:45:58 pm »

Love the new version. well done.

one question...where is shuffle control in now playing?

Iirc you can add shuffled lists, but I add songs to playing next and THEN shuffle the while list.

thanks.

actually, a second question..I am loking at integrating this intomcommandfusion HA app, Cf will flip to JRemote using JRemote:/// URL call. wou
d be great to be able to have a button in jremote that make a URL call so I can jusp back to CommandFusion app. Any interest in allowing JRemote to initiate another app?

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #533 on: September 12, 2012, 02:37:13 am »

Hi Davros, good point, I`ll add a shuffle control soon to the now playing list.
Regarding your second question, I have no problem integrating with other apps, but I need details, preferably from the developer of the other app.

A bit of bad news, I found a bug in the current version that forced me to resubmit the app for review, so there will be a few more days.
As a bonus, I have optimized the download and parsing of long lists, so it`s now many times faster. In my test i downloaded and displayed a tracklist of 6000+ tracks in 3 seconds on my ipad.

csimon

« Reply #534 on: September 12, 2012, 05:09:35 am »

I feel a bit guilty about suggesting this, but I guess if you don't ask then you don't get!

This app is certainly the slickest and best looking remote control for J River that I've seen and I thank you so much for doing this.  It's what J River should have developed themselves really right from the start. I have to admit I've not seen Gizmo on Android, so maybe that's pretty good too, and WebGizmo is also a huge improvement over the original web service.

This is the sort of thing that a lot of people have been waiting for, for a long time.  Remote control via a touchscreen hand-held device.  But I now see requests starting to appear for a Theater View type of interface on a hand-held device...

You know, you could pre-empt this and blow everything else out of the water, by implementing another type of view (aliong with list and thumbnails - the cover art browsing is what I've been waiting for for so long).  How about a Cover Flow view?  You don't have to complicate it by switching in or out of modes or Display views or Theater Views or whatever, just provide another selectable view type at the top of the screen that can re-present the current items in a typical coverflow format.  Wow!

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #535 on: September 12, 2012, 06:08:00 am »

Thank you csimon,
It would be no problem adding a coverflow view mode. Is anyone else interested in this?

vagskal

« Reply #536 on: September 12, 2012, 11:41:57 am »

It would be no problem adding a coverflow view mode. Is anyone else interested in this?

I would rather see a nice playing now view with very large cover art and basic information about the playing track (like in iPeng). That would look good with the iPad in its stand.

PS. I guess you have already noticed the bugs in portrait mode track list views where the play action button is obscured and inaccessible and where long track names in text only mode can obscure the duration info.

HiFiTubes

« Reply #537 on: September 12, 2012, 12:48:41 pm »

I would rather see a nice playing now view with very large cover art and basic information about the playing track (like in iPeng). That would look good with the iPad in its stand.

1. I agree. Or a button to just max out the screen into large cover art.

2. Rather than cover flow, I'd like to see the MC Cover View mimicked to maximize views that use just album covers.

3. Most importantly, JRemote could be the first 3rd Party app to support custom sorting. These settings on views never seem to be carried over, and would be very useful.

I'm excited to try the new version, as many of my views would crash JRemote due to the large number of files. Keep up the great work!

csimon

« Reply #538 on: September 12, 2012, 01:11:35 pm »

1. I agree. Or a button to just max out the screen into large cover art.

I've already requested this - but it's not mutually exclusive with Coverflow!  I'm not actually particularly *for* coverflow, it's more trying to recreate the Theater View experience on a handheld touch device.  It would be far more direct and intuitive than pressing up and down, left and right on a remote control and scrolling a page at a time and pressing back to get back up the rollers.... just adding a bit more eye candy to a device like the iPad which has all sorts of ways to provide eye candy....it seems a waste of its capabilities to just present list views which is what a lot of controllers do. J River is already streets ahead of other controllers with its large icon and "prettiness" and speed of use, I'm just asking for a bit more of the Wow factor!

3. Most importantly, JRemote could be the first 3rd Party app to support custom sorting. These settings on views never seem to be carried over, and would be very useful.

I've noticed this and I'm convinced it's a bug in the MC server (I created a thread reporting it). JRemote uses the Web Gizmo/Gizmo/Web services views and no clients that use these seem to carry over custom sorting properly.  The DLNA views do it. The problem is it's difficult enough to keep tabs on creating the same views and sort orders for each "view" that's in MC itself, never mind setting up views on individual clients. My ideal is to create the views and sorting that you want (just once) on the server and then all clients that connect to it obey the same rules.

pcstockton

« Reply #539 on: September 12, 2012, 02:00:24 pm »

Thanks for the upcoming update LesPaul!

I vote "Don't Care" for cover flow.  I have never used it in any players.  It sounds crash-tacular in JRemote.  But of course if others want it....

In general, I think the app is GREAT as it stands now.  The ONLY aspect I think needs work is remote streaming.  I am still getting a fair amount of disconnects and crashes when streaming to the device, off network.

One nice addition would be a spinning icon or some text or something to indicate the app is working on the requested action.  For example, when streaming to the device off network, when you hit "next track" or pick a song in the playlist nothing happens as it is working away.  That results in more pressing of buttons and eventually all commands pile up and either crash the app or songs start then stop then next then....

Thanks again!
Patrick

Dr Tone

• World Citizen
« Reply #540 on: September 12, 2012, 07:43:22 pm »

Remembering custom sort is important to me.  I like my album lists sorted by year.

I'd like to see an option to not auto expand single albums to a track list.

Most important is the ability to reorder the current Playlist.

Coverflow is of zero importance to me but the suggested improvements in the now playing would great.

Last.fm artist information is great, I'd also like to see Wikipedia added.

Congrats on JRemote, it's awesome enough to make me drop LMS and iPeng for my main system playback.  Well maybe Logitech had a part in that as well.

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #541 on: September 13, 2012, 02:13:18 am »

Thanks for the additional comments guys. I take it that a better "now playing" view is most important.
I have some ideas on this myself, so here is what I was thinking:

Use LESS room for the cover art. Present it in a nice way to the right of the screen with some eye candy along with the current track info. When you click on it, it will expand to full screen

Use the entire left side, say about 70% of the screen for the playlist. Tracks will be listed in a somewhat larger format that the regular tracklists, including thumbnails. Shuffle and clear playlist buttons at the top or bottom.

Other things to do:
- I will look at the possibility for a custom sort function in each view
- Add a local search in each view. I`m currently thinking about a solution where the search field is revealed by dragging down on a view.
- A better popup menu for the play mode view when you hold a track.

pcstockton, I think the upcoming release will help you a bit with remote streaming, as I have loosened up a bit on the disconnect behaviour. But I agree that this is something that needs more work.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #542 on: September 13, 2012, 04:07:08 am »

Many thanks Paul, looking forward to the new version already.

Don't overwork though, no one wants you to burn out ;).

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #543 on: September 13, 2012, 06:11:57 am »

vagskal, you said "track list views where the play action button is obscured and inaccessible". I am not sure what you are referring to here?

vagskal

« Reply #544 on: September 13, 2012, 08:07:43 am »

vagskal, you said "track list views where the play action button is obscured and inaccessible". I am not sure what you are referring to here?

See the attached screenshot.

Dr Tone

• World Citizen
« Reply #545 on: September 13, 2012, 08:51:16 am »

Thanks for the additional comments guys. I take it that a better "now playing" view is most important.

Now playing could be prettied up but I would consider a way to reorganize and delete tracks from the currently playing playlist as a higher priority.

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #546 on: September 13, 2012, 09:28:00 am »

I agree Dr Tone, but this is not yet possible because of restrictions in the JRiver webservice.
I don`t know if they are planning to add this functionality, but by the number of request I get for this, they should make it a priority.

Dan1970

• Recent member
« Reply #547 on: September 13, 2012, 09:43:41 am »

Use the entire left side, say about 70% of the screen for the playlist. Tracks will be listed in a somewhat larger format that the regular tracklists, including thumbnails. Shuffle and clear playlist buttons at the top or bottom.

If you implement this, would it be possibe to also show the ratings of the tracks in the playlist (if ratings are enabled)? That would be great!

Dr Tone

• World Citizen
« Reply #548 on: September 13, 2012, 01:55:28 pm »

I agree Dr Tone, but this is not yet possible because of restrictions in the JRiver webservice.
I don`t know if they are planning to add this functionality, but by the number of request I get for this, they should make it a priority.

OK, I'll start bugging the J River staff instead.   ;D  Thanks!

sunfire7

« Reply #549 on: September 13, 2012, 02:14:11 pm »

I have some ideas on this myself, so here is what I was thinking:

Use LESS room for the cover art. Present it in a nice way to the right of the screen with some eye candy along with the current track info. When you click on it, it will expand to full screen

Other things to do:
- I will look at the possibility for a custom sort function in each view
- Add a local search in each view. I`m currently thinking about a solution where the search field is revealed by dragging down on a view.
- A better popup menu for the play mode view when you hold a track.

The Iphone Now Playing needs a revision as well.

I like the iPad's now playing as it is right now, but your ideas sound great as well, perhaps 60% instead of 70%? Guess we would have to wait and see what looks better.

If you implement this, would it be possibe to also show the ratings of the tracks in the playlist (if ratings are enabled)? That would be great!

Would be cool too.  

Thanks Lespaul
Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 20   Go Up