INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote, a new native iOS remote for JRiver Media Center  (Read 281337 times)

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: JRemote, a new native iOS remote for JRiver Media Center
« Reply #700 on: November 24, 2012, 11:53:56 pm »

I just wanted to be the 700th reply to this mondo-thread.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

DtM

• Recent member
« Reply #701 on: November 25, 2012, 04:00:48 am »

[I am preparing a new version to be submitted later today, should fix all problems reported so far.

- Limited ability to zoom on large cover art
- Weird scrolling behavior in setting panels
- Progress bar on main screen not working
- Regular images (not cover art), when tapped, will now open the image viewer.
- Rating problems on iphone]

Hi LesPaul,

if you're fixing bugs, please don't forget the bug with choosing a video. I've already psted before, but for better information I'll describe again:

I use an iPad 2 (6.01), MC 17.189, Win 7/64 bit an JRemote 2.15. Since JRemote 2.15 I've the problem, that JRemote crashes down by choosing an videofile. The video starts in MC 17, but JRemote crashes immidiatly. To start JRemote successfully again, I've to close MC 17, start JRemote on the iPad (of course JRemote can't connect to server), then start MC17 again on the notebook and afterwards connecting JRemote with the server.

In Music and playlists everthing works fine and stable, btw: Great, fantastic app !!

Do you have any ideas to this bug ?

Best regards from Michael

(Sorry about my "German-English"  :))

faster

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #702 on: November 25, 2012, 09:26:26 am »

Hello, JRiver together with JRemote is awesome!

only some features in JRemote are missing.
1. an option to set up a individual timeout while connecting to Media Center. (My PC wakes up (wake on lan) in about 20 seconds, in the meantime JRemote becomes a timeout.)
2. add current playing song to new or existing playlist.
3. General editing and creating playlists

are you planning to build this features?

regards faster

csimon

« Reply #703 on: November 26, 2012, 05:41:01 am »

Yes, I think the volume control belongs at the top and the seek bar at the bottom with the transport controls.

PS. Also wanted to add, on the standalone Now Playing screen in Portrait mode wioth the large cover art (which looks gorgeous, BTW!), maybe the position slider should occupy a line of its own at the bottom, across the whole width of the screen.  This is to allow better fine-positioning and "resolution" for long tracks or large videos/movies.  the transport controls (bac, prev, stop, pause) should then be centered above this.

Suteetat

« Reply #704 on: November 27, 2012, 06:31:12 am »

Hmmm... recently I upgraded to window 8 (for no real good reason, I supposed) and MC 18 and I am having one problem.
With Win7/MC 17, I was able to create customized view list such that in that particular list, I would have all classical music and it would be sorted first by composer then album. Similar list for opera, etc. Then I have a pop music list which would be sorted artists first then album etc. On JRemote, on the front page where click audio, then you get a column on the left hand side with audio, artist, album, recent, genre, composer etc, the customized view list would also appears there so it is very easy for me to sort through my music quickly depeding on what type it is.

Now in JRMC18, I created the same customized view list and it appears on JRMC18 where it supposes to but does not show up on JRemote

This is the view I get on JMRC18. 2 customized view I did was for classical and choral.

This is the colume that is shown on JRemote and no customized view tab

To be honest, I could not remember excactly how I created customized view in JRMC17 since I found it a long time ago. I think it was somewhere in tool/option. However, I could not find it in JRMC18 but I was able to create it by right click on Audio tab but it was not exactly intuitive to get that created.

Anyhow... I wonder if anyone has similar problem and found a solution to what I should do exactly?

Thanks for your help.

locust

« Reply #705 on: November 27, 2012, 08:27:28 am »

Hi Lespaul I rather like the view style for metadata, although I don't search metadata too often.. Could it be a possibility to have this style for the main views as well.

It would be so much nicer for my Album Artist/Album view as I could see all the tracks for all the albums for a particular artist simultaneously, instead of going up & down the hierarchy to switch albums. I have a funny feeling this isn't possible :(

Cheers

Suteetat

« Reply #706 on: November 27, 2012, 09:00:23 am »

Hmmm... recently I upgraded to window 8 (for no real good reason, I supposed) and MC 18 and I am having one problem.
With Win7/MC 17, I was able to create customized view list  ...

Opps, never mind, I just figured out to add customized view that I made in webgizmo view as well ( well actually, somebody else told me that) so problem solved.

schford

• Recent member
« Reply #707 on: November 27, 2012, 10:08:41 am »

Just a quick one before I buy - can JRemote stream to a renderer - so I can use it topick the movie I want and then send it on to my oppo 103?

Cheers

Stuart

AVI

• Recent member
« Reply #708 on: November 27, 2012, 12:28:14 pm »

Hi

Couple of points.

1) Is there any chance that you can provide additional controls for DVD playback? Its great you can select movies using JRemote but not great you can't control them. Maybe its a JRiver thing.

2) Purley a matter of taste this but after updating I notice that the now playing screen shows thumbnails nexxt to the tracks. Really looks a mess. Much neater to not have thumbnails here.

M2P

• Recent member
« Reply #709 on: November 27, 2012, 02:02:14 pm »

This is such a great app but no playlist editing/saving via ipad etc.  why not?

(unless I'm mistaken or blind?)

moophone

• Recent member
« Reply #710 on: November 27, 2012, 06:50:48 pm »

Lespaul: Love the new now playing, this was a much needed change :)

Will you pleaseeeeee add support for dynamic playlists? It would give jremote a much more engaging function - to be able to do things like "send-to > playlist xyz". It would open up so many possibilities for everyone.. PLEASE!!

sunfire7

« Reply #711 on: November 27, 2012, 11:26:51 pm »

This is such a great app but no playlist editing/saving via ipad etc.  why not?

(unless I'm mistaken or blind?)
Some of the limitation of the app is because a limitation in the JRiver web api, but don't worry the devs are working on it
Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish

csimon

« Reply #712 on: November 28, 2012, 04:29:02 am »

Just a quick one before I buy - can JRemote stream to a renderer - so I can use it topick the movie I want and then send it on to my oppo 103?

Yes, effectively it will do this. But note, just so that there's no misunderstanding, JRemote will not itself stream to a renderer. It is a remote control for MC and displays all the zones that the running copy of MC can see and allows you to change the zone, and if you select an external DLNA renderer then it is the running copy of MC that streams to the renderer not JRemote. Therefore if you have any trouble "seeing" or streaming to a renderer, your problem is likely to be with the PC that is running MC, not JRemote.

slingshot

• Recent member
« Reply #713 on: November 28, 2012, 04:30:48 pm »

It would help if you go into MC and rename the server/library so that it's easy to see what you're connecting to. By default, it's just called "Player" or somethinglike that which is ambiguous when you see that word on different machines.  Go to the top of the Playing Now tree , right-click in the default entry, and rename it to be the name of that PC.  Tell us what you've called  it. Then do the same thing for any other PCs where you are running MC, then use those names when you're describing your problems so we now exactly which PCs' libraries you are seeing.

If you have two PCs, both running MC and both with Media Network switched on, both should automatically appear as Zones. In JRemote, both will appear as servers to connect to.  You might need to use the Access Key method to connect, if connecting via IP address doesn't work.

Csimon thank you for helping me with this. I have been away and I have just returned. I have two computers that I want to use the IPad to access the music files on the Hard Drive connected to the router. From your response somehow I have to identify this as a library and load it. Both computers have music files on them which I am thinking of deleting to eliminate confusion as to where the music is coming from and have it play from the Hard Drive.

The first computer is in the living room is a Rain Recording Ion computer with the name Ion-Rain. It is hard wired to the router via Ethernet. It has no wireless card in it. I only use this as music server and it has no other applications on it but Media Center 17. When I turn on the computer it opens to Media Center 17.
When I opened Media Center 17 it states: Media Center at the top in the middle. (After playing some music on my other computer it states Paul PC:Paul PC as the Library.)

Under Playing Now are the following:
1.   A blue arrow named Overview. Within this are three columns: J Play, Player (current) and Paul PC-: Paul PC The first two columns each have Play Doctor at the top and a music file at the bottom of the screen.
2.   A grey arrow named JPlay: This also has Play Doctor at the top and a music file at the bottom
3.   A grey arrow named Player. This also has Play Doctor at the top and a music file at the bottom
4.   A grey arrow named Paul PC: Paul PC. Play Doctor at the top and at the bottom it states: There are no files to play. (Now it states Library Server after I started playing music on Paul PC. )
5.   Yellow folder that states Playing from Main Library. Below this says it a local library with address as C:\Users\Rain\App Data\Roaming\J River\Media Center\Library
6.   HP, my laptop which I won’t be accessing any music from this. States HP:Music Remote is a DLNA Library and it is not loaded.
I had downloaded J Play six months ago for a trial period.  Haven’t  tried to use it so it should be deleted somehow.

The second computer is Paul PC in the basement . It is a Dell XPS 2710 and connects wirelessly to the router which is about three feet away. When I open Media Center 17 it states Media Center Paul PC.
Under Playing Now are the following:

1.   Grey arrow with Paul PC, Play Doctor at top and two music files at bottom.
2.   Yellow folder that states Playing from Main Library. Below a green arrow indented that states Main Library. This says it a local library with address as C:\Users\Paul\App Data\Roaming\J River\Media Center\Library. It has 3,000 files and says that it is loaded. Then another indented grey arrow that states HP and it states it is a DLNA library that is not loaded.  Then another indented grey arrow that states Paul PC: Paul and it states it is a DLNA library that is not loaded. 

As write this the hard drive is not connected to the router so the files in the main library must be the files on Paul PC. As you can see everything is screwed up at this time. Is there a way to start over.

Also the JRemote app is now working to access the music on Paul PC. This is an awesome application. I have been waiting years for something like this. Hopefully with some help, I soon will be able to access all my ripped CDs and DVDs. I think I have about 700. 

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #714 on: November 28, 2012, 07:30:36 pm »

I searched through and read the majority of this thread, but apologies in advance if this was already covered.  I was contemplating purchasing this app to use on my iPad, but there is one item that I've been dying to have and I don't see any mention in this thread.  Is there any coverage of television with this app? 

What I would like to have is a graphical listing, like the guide listing in theater view, on my iPad while watching TV on my big screen.  This way I could have the TV Guide in my lap and see what is on without having to back out of the TV display in theater view, scroll to the appropriate time, etc.  I'm doubting this is included in this app, but for $10, I wanted to inquire before purchasing if any attention has been given towards TV.

Thanks!

--Ryan

pcstockton

« Reply #715 on: November 28, 2012, 11:03:48 pm »

buy the app... love it.

THEN come in and ask for features.

It is everything you want and more....  best app out there.

-Patrick
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

sunfire7

« Reply #716 on: November 28, 2012, 11:34:38 pm »

buy the app... love it.

-Patrick
+1000000
Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #717 on: November 29, 2012, 12:25:53 am »

buy the app... love it.

It is everything you want and more....  best app out there.

It is $10.  $10.  Really?  You cant spend $10?  Come on!

-Patrick

It's not that I can't spend $10, but when it's $10 more than anything else I've ever downloaded from the App Store, I'd like to know more about it first.  Like if it supports anything around TV programing.  I wouldn't exactly call my post a request for features, more of an inquiry.  I didn't see a better place to ask.

faster

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #718 on: November 29, 2012, 03:47:09 am »

Hello,

i quote my self: would it be possible to implement Feature 1?

regards faster

Hello, JRiver together with JRemote is awesome!

only some features in JRemote are missing.
1. an option to set up a individual timeout while connecting to Media Center. (My PC wakes up (wake on lan) in about 20 seconds, in the meantime JRemote becomes a timeout.)
2. add current playing song to new or existing playlist.
3. General editing and creating playlists

are you planning to build this features?

regards faster

csimon

« Reply #719 on: November 29, 2012, 06:04:58 am »

buy the app... love it.

-Patrick

Absolutely!

It strikes me though that adding to this app's functionality is never-ending, to the point where it becomes a complete MC client in its own right, like running MC on iOS.  There are already discussions in the main threads about providing a Gizmo-like app for Windows 8 tablets - but since it's Windows itself it's not a huge step of the imagination to implement a Metro-centric version of the MC client.  People do want tablet and touch control over their media distribution and playing systems, rather than a keyboard and a mouse at a computer, and to that end I do feel that the team's focus on creating a Mac version of the software is somewhat misdirected, where a more forward-thinking solution would be back-ends that run on a computer or NAS together with various flavours of clients on a multitude of platforms.  But that's just my opinion!

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #720 on: November 29, 2012, 04:20:08 pm »

Yes, I think the volume control belongs at the top and the seek bar at the bottom with the transport controls.

+1
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

pcstockton

« Reply #721 on: November 29, 2012, 08:45:01 pm »

It's not that I can't spend $10, but when it's $10 more than anything else I've ever downloaded from the App Store, I'd like to know more about it first.  Like if it supports anything around TV programing.  I wouldn't exactly call my post a request for features, more of an inquiry.  I didn't see a better place to ask.

My point is that it is $10.  Regardless of its features, you want it.  It is simply awesome. Nothing compares.

What is $10???  If i knew you I would give you $10 without batting an eye.

-Patrick
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

DtM

• Recent member
« Reply #722 on: November 30, 2012, 12:22:55 am »

Hi LesPaul,

if you're fixing bugs, please don't forget the bug with choosing a video. I've already psted before, but for better information I'll describe again:

I use an iPad 2 (6.01), MC 17.189, Win 7/64 bit an JRemote 2.15. Since JRemote 2.15 I've the problem, that JRemote crashes down by choosing an videofile. The video starts in MC 17, but JRemote crashes immidiatly. To start JRemote successfully again, I've to close MC 17, start JRemote on the iPad (of course JRemote can't connect to server), then start MC17 again on the notebook and afterwards connecting JRemote with the server.

In Music and playlists everthing works fine and stable, btw: Great, fantastic app !!

Do you have any ideas to this bug ?

Best regards from Michael

(Sorry about my "German-English"  :))

Hi Lespaul,
I've just updated to 2.16, but the bug described above still exists. It would nice to get a comment from you. No one else has an idea. Thanks and regards from

Michael

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #723 on: November 30, 2012, 05:37:23 am »

Hi Michael, is this a problem with all your videos?
As I have noted before, iOS is quite picky about how the file is encoded.
Of course, JRemote should not crash, but it could be because the internal player of iOS is crashing.

Please try a file that you know works on iOS devices. Could you also please send me a sample file that causes JRemote to crash?

I have registered that not everyone is pleased about thumbnails in the now playing window. I am adding a toggle for it.
It is not allowed to talk about the new feature in MC18, but I guess I can say that some of your wishes will come true with that version.

Faster:

I can add this, could be useful.

BTW, is there any interest in a windows 8 store app?
I am considering doing a version just to learn the framework.

c# and .net is my day job, so it would not be too much of a stretch.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #724 on: November 30, 2012, 07:42:05 am »

Lespaul,

There is plenty of empty space on an ipad, would it be possible to add the 'year' to album views and a toggle to sort on it?

Thanks.

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #725 on: November 30, 2012, 08:44:26 am »

The problem with album views is that you only get back a single name from the MC web service. No additional details.
So no, that is not possible at this time.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #726 on: November 30, 2012, 09:08:47 am »

Aw, that's a shame.

Thanks.

chirpp

• World Citizen
« Reply #727 on: November 30, 2012, 12:04:29 pm »

Ryan, there is no such option to see a "TV Guide" within this app.  I'd love it if it did but that may come at a later time.  The other features it has are very nice and I can attest like the others that the app is well worth the cash. I mostly use it to remote control my music system but also play tunes to it while driving and what not.  To me that is worth the money alone.

Hope that helps!

Pete

manolo2001

• Recent member
« Reply #728 on: November 30, 2012, 11:10:55 pm »

Hi, I´m new to the forum, I have been using JRemote for a bit over a week now and find it works really well, it´s an amazing and very quick app.  Nevertheless I ran into a problem with a music album, it´s flac, and every time I try to play it using JRemote either from my iPad or iPhone, the app crashes.  I can play it using JRiver MC, and it works fine, but as soon as I try to select any song from it using JRemote, it crashes, not once I choose it in MC, but if I try going to it from any other artist it crashes.  This is really weird as I re-ripped the album, verified the tracks were all fine, as I said they are Flac, I see no difference between this album and all the other ones I have, eother in tags or anything else.  I am using Win8, on a normal PC.  All else works very well, but this one album just makes the app crash for some reason.

Anyway, I hope someone can suggest a solution.

Thanks,

Manuel

DtM

• Recent member
« Reply #729 on: December 01, 2012, 09:09:36 am »

Hi Lespaul,
Thanks for your posting.
The problem exists with all my video files. I've only bdmv (BluRay) and iso (DVD). I can't send a file to you, because the files are huge. But I've noticed something interesting.

Some video files are rated by me. The BluRay "The help" gets 4 stars. So it appears under "Playlists", exactly "smartlists" here "4 or 5 stars rated". If I start this video from this point, JR keeps stable. If I start the same video from "All (Date of import), the video starts in MC but JR crashes down immidiatly like described before.

For your information: Our second ipad2 has also JR in 2.06 and everything works fine. This device has also IOS 6.01. And we have an iPod 4 with JR 2.16 and also IOS 6.01 - here works everything fine too.

I hope, that helps for locating the bug.

Cheers,

Michael

Dr Tone

• World Citizen
« Reply #730 on: December 01, 2012, 09:15:16 am »

BTW, is there any interest in a windows 8 store app?
I am considering doing a version just to learn the framework.

c# and .net is my day job, so it would not be too much of a stretch.

Absolutely, as long as it's RT/Arm compatible.

manolo2001

• Recent member
« Reply #731 on: December 01, 2012, 10:40:35 am »

Hi, I´m new to the forum, I have been using JRemote for a bit over a week now and find it works really well, it´s an amazing and very quick app.  Nevertheless I ran into a problem with a music album, it´s flac, and every time I try to play it using JRemote either from my iPad or iPhone, the app crashes.  I can play it using JRiver MC, and it works fine, but as soon as I try to select any song from it using JRemote, it crashes, not once I choose it in MC, but if I try going to it from any other artist it crashes.  This is really weird as I re-ripped the album, verified the tracks were all fine, as I said they are Flac, I see no difference between this album and all the other ones I have, eother in tags or anything else.  I am using Win8, on a normal PC.  All else works very well, but this one album just makes the app crash for some reason.

Anyway, I hope someone can suggest a solution.

Thanks,

Manuel

Hi,  i just want to thank Robert Ryan for his very quick reply, the problem was that the specific album had a 0 (zero) as album date, and for some reason it has to be either a blank or any other number except zero.  Now everything is back to working perfectly.  Thanks again !!! and congratulations on an awesome app

Manuel

locust

« Reply #732 on: December 01, 2012, 08:30:21 pm »

Thanks for fixing the seeker.

Got a couple of suggestions, love the alphabetical scroll thingy, works like a dream. Would it be possible to add a toggle button somewhere to make it switch to a regular scroll bar? In my view for albums sorted by import date the alphabetical one doesn't really work at all and it would be nice to be able to scroll more quickly rather than swiping lots. (Maybe it could remember toggle setting for subviews just like it already remembers if it is an album view or list view)

It would also be nice in in the options there were an option to add custom caption for audio tracks that would appear where it is circled in red in the image (Edit probably better right aligned closer to the track duration). Then we could add some extra fields ourselves such as style, last played, number plays etc.

Thanks

bulldogger

• World Citizen
« Reply #733 on: December 02, 2012, 07:58:20 am »

Getting message, "Connection failure," Could not connect with server. If I add a new JRiver Media center with the same access key it will connect. So this can not be a firewall issue or it would not connect at all? When I set up a "new" media center, it works for awhile and then goes back to not connecting. Also if I delete the app and re-install it and re-enter the information it will also work, for awhile.

schford

• Recent member
Feature Request for JRemote
« Reply #734 on: December 02, 2012, 01:09:40 pm »

I am loving the app to control streaming movies to my oppo 105 via JRiver.

One request - could we make it so the pop up menu you get when you hold over a movie also contains the options to display the metadata so we can read the synopsis etc - then it would be perfect :-)

Also I am sure I am missing this but cant see the search function to find a specific movie?

Thanks

Stuart

rjm

« Reply #735 on: December 03, 2012, 11:08:54 am »

One problem and one suggestion:

1) When viewing tags, the tag Name rather than tag Display is used. This is not consistent with how MC displays tags. Tags should always use their Display name.

2) Would you please consider adding a button to video views for displaying only mp4 videos? Since mp4 is the only video type that will play on "This Device" zone it is helpful to filter only mp4s. I have done this manually by adding an mp4 filter to each of my 10 custom video views but it is a little clunky because I have to click through this filter every time I navigate my videos. It would be much better to have a single global filter that can be turned on and off. An alternate solution might be an option that displays only mp4 in This Device zone.

Great app! Thanks.

M2P

• Recent member
« Reply #736 on: December 04, 2012, 12:57:26 am »

Can some one please guide to the correct thread/sub forum etc. for issues with jremote. (yet again)

It was working fine last night but now there is no access via the ipad. "connection failure"
The ipad's browser/email/app store etc. is still working but rremote can't connect.

Checked the computer and it's functioning fine, the servers still on the network and accessible.

This is the 2nd time in as many days. I re-installed jremote to resolve this last time. Surely can'y keep doing that though.

Regards.

Lespaul

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #737 on: December 04, 2012, 04:53:14 am »

M2P, this is likely because your computers IP address has changed. Get the ip address from your computer and replace the address
in JRemote (the blue arrow to the right of the saved server).

I have made a change in the next version where JRemote will try to fetch an updated IP address if the connection fails.
This will only work if you use access key for connecting, but it will solve problems like these.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #738 on: December 04, 2012, 08:46:04 am »

Can some one please guide to the correct thread/sub forum etc. for issues with jremote. (yet again)

It was working fine last night but now there is no access via the ipad. "connection failure"
The ipad's browser/email/app store etc. is still working but rremote can't connect.

Checked the computer and it's functioning fine, the servers still on the network and accessible.

Sounds a lot like this problem:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=75609.msg515818#msg515818

That problem was apparently caused by an AntiVirus program.

bulldogger

• World Citizen
« Reply #739 on: December 04, 2012, 02:06:51 pm »

M2P, this is likely because your computers IP address has changed. Get the ip address from your computer and replace the address
in JRemote (the blue arrow to the right of the saved server).

I have made a change in the next version where JRemote will try to fetch an updated IP address if the connection fails.
This will only work if you use access key for connecting, but it will solve problems like these.
Mine was doing the same thing. Checked IP address and it had changed. Input correct IP address and it connected promptly.

new2hifi

• Recent member
« Reply #740 on: December 05, 2012, 09:37:50 pm »

Hi:

I am not sure if someone has already asked the question.

How can I increase the thumbnail size while browsing albums? At this moment, I see five thumbnails per horizontal line in JRemote. I want to increase the thumbnail size as to see four bigger thumbnails per horizontal line.

Regards

rjm

« Reply #741 on: December 06, 2012, 02:55:13 am »

I just set up views for documents and did some testing. I am really impressed. I can now use your app for all data types.

One problem and two suggestions for "Media Type=data" files:

1) Tags do not display (tags display correctly for video, audio, and images)

2) Attempting to view a non-supported file type does nothing. I think it would be better to display a message saying the file type is not supported (just like you do for video).

3) Perhaps someday we might be able to set up application associations for file types. For example, pdf and txt should open in GoodReader, ePub in iBooks, and htm and mht in Mercury.

sounerfan

• Recent member
« Reply #742 on: December 06, 2012, 11:24:50 pm »

JRemote is crashing on me when I go to the Now Playing screen.  Working fine otherwise.  It kicks me out to the apps screen on my IPad.  Any ideas?

toomanybarts

• World Citizen
  • I might be a porcupine.
« Reply #743 on: December 07, 2012, 11:43:52 am »

im having similar crashing problems on iphone when connecting remotely (not within wifi network).  Now playing just suddenly stops after a few mins and then just sits there frozen and then app crashes out.
I've shut down all other apps and rebooted iPhone, but still get the same issue.

pcstockton

« Reply #744 on: December 07, 2012, 12:54:13 pm »

LesPaul,

I am getting a fair amount of crashes as well.  Not a big deal and only seems to happen with large MC playlists, e.g. shuffling a whole genre.

Also, playing to the device off network seems to stop playback more than usual.  The app doesn't crash, it simply stops.  When playback stops when remotely streaming it tends to happen after every song, never in the middle of a song.  A pause, then play usually starts it back up.  It seems to happen less often when I do not sleep the screen.

Lastly, one annoying thing that has always seemed to happen is actual crashing when creating a playlist on the device, when remotely streaming.  When it does, you lose the entire playlist you were working on.  Say I am listening to an album then start adding songs by "Play Next" and/or "Add to playlist", it crashes after get 10 or 12 entries in there.  When you reopen the app the Playing Now playlist is empty.

Would there be a way for JRemote to cache the playlist so when it crashes.  Also, would it be possible for JRemote to remember the "Playing Now" playlist when you shut down the app?

Lastly, is there a way to save the Playing Now playlist to the MC server?

Thanks a bunch!
Patrick

MerlinWerks

• World Citizen
« Reply #745 on: December 07, 2012, 03:29:28 pm »

It seems I've lost the bitrate/sampling freq/# of channels info in Playing Now view. It's there but the values are "0".

I'm still not able to determine the usefulness of tapping the cover art and it zooming to an overlay which you have to close, seems a bit awkward. I think a function like that would be better served if the cover art tap was a toggle that hid the track list and moved the enlarged pic to the middle of the screen along with artist/title info, sort of like a "Track Info" vis in MC. Tap the cover art again and it returns to the "Playing Now" screen as it exists now.

Thanks!

toomanybarts

• World Citizen
« Reply #746 on: December 07, 2012, 09:18:57 pm »

echoing what pcstockton says - playing either in background (say with Waze GPS app open in front) or indeed with screen off but app in foreground seems to increase crash frequency.

pcstockton

« Reply #747 on: December 08, 2012, 12:26:55 am »

just to clarify.... it is not crashing, it is just stopping between songs.  And only when streaming to "this device", when off network.
-p

toomanybarts

• World Citizen
« Reply #748 on: December 09, 2012, 12:55:12 pm »

Its crashing for me.  Crashes out to home screen.  It is still showing as running in the background, when I select the icon after dbl clicking home button, I get taken back to "select media server" screen.

SteveGoff

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #749 on: December 09, 2012, 07:59:44 pm »

I'm getting lots of crashes with the latest version on my iPad. It usually happens when I connect to the PC, but it has happened at other points.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20   Go Up