INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Skipped 7 files previously determined to be bad.  (Read 4098 times)

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
Skipped 7 files previously determined to be bad.
« on: November 18, 2011, 04:29:36 pm »

cool.. i just ran a autoimport cause mc lost, again,  :-X contact with some of my files (im tired of loosing play stats). but is there a way to see what files are skipped. there is an in depth thingy but it does not give a clue.

gappie

Re: Skipped 7 files previously determined to be bad.
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 06:51:07 am »

a bump.. it would be nice if mc says:

Skipped 7 files previously determined to be bad.

clicking in depht would tell which 7.

:)
gab

MrHaugen

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 07:01:27 am »

I would like some info on this my self. This is one of the reasons I've not upgraded in a long time. The fear of ending up with bad files that I do not notice for a long time, is bad.

Would it be possible to add a Bad Database item in the Tree, that is somehow highlighted when it has new items?
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

gappie

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 07:17:17 am »

i think it is not due to updating (actually im sure of that  :P ). i know i have some fruityloop audio files that mc crashed over in the past, and that is repaired a long time ago.. but are that these? all 7. mc knows as they were 'previously determined to be bad'. So there is apparently a Bad Database. indeed a way to see it would be nice.

gab

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2011, 07:47:39 am »

I guess you missed this:

~d=b

It was discussed when the "bad" database section was introduced.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

MrHaugen

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2011, 08:02:41 am »

I knew you could view the files, but who really knows that sort of stuff? I had to ask for it last time, and after a few weeks it's all forgotten again. More details in the import summary and a way to easily see the content of this database would not be a bad thing. I don't think we can expect that all users know this things, or that they go to this forums to figure it out.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

gappie

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2011, 08:02:46 am »

thanks alex, that is helpfull, i forgot about that. which ofcourse does not change the in depth 'request'.

and the 7 files seems to be interesting. 4 are recently recorded wav files from a zoom (24 bit 48000 Hz) im unsure why they are bad.. they play fine with mpc and reaper. and otherfiles from then are not 'bad'.
an other is a file with the name: ~!~MCTEMP~!~.jpg  ?

gab

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2011, 09:12:17 am »

At least MC could create an automatic smartlist whenever "bad" files exist (similar to "recent playing nows", "recently imported", etc).

Ideally it could have an explanation in the header section and a few buttons for actions, for example.: recheck, remove from library, and remove from library and disk.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2011, 09:24:26 am »

At least MC could create an automatic smartlist whenever "bad" files exist (similar to "recent playing nows", "recently imported", etc).

+1
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

gappie

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2011, 09:24:38 am »

an automatic smartlist as a nice idea.

but as shown in the attachment imo it belongs there too.. btw. i changed the foldername with the bad wav files and ran autoimport again and they imported just fine (the ones that where removed are the bad files, see att, had fix brokenlinks disabled). so a recheck option would be nice, i guess, remove from library did not do the trick.   :P

gab

gappie

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2011, 09:58:15 am »

btw, one reason why the files where seen as bad before by mc could be that it was analyzing them when they were still being copied from my zoom to a folder. autoimport was running in the background (ive turned that of now).. no?
if so, it could be an idea to at least try again after a while before deciding that the file is bad and not import the file after that at all.

gab

gappie

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2011, 09:19:44 am »

btw, one reason why the files where seen as bad before by mc could be that it was analyzing them when they were still being copied from my zoom to a folder. autoimport was running in the background (ive turned that of now).. no?
if so, it could be an idea to at least try again after a while before deciding that the file is bad and not import the file after that at all.

gab
i just tried again a few days back(did a few times before without succes). i had turned autoimport on and moved files from the zoom to a folder that is looked after by autoimport. two files ended up in the bad database. there is nothing wrong with the files, but the only way to get mc to import them is changing their path or name outside mc and let autoimport pick them up.

gab

Vincent Kars

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2011, 05:58:42 pm »

I’m afraid this has been discussed before.
After import JRiver displays a log.
Then you click the button for an extensive summary.
No, it won’t tell you anything at all about what specific files are considered “bad”.
Likewise the files ignored
I do think a change to this log to incorporate the specifics is a trivial job.
Pages: [1]   Go Up