INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SACD playback  (Read 2215 times)

bigmun01

• Recent member
SACD playback
« on: December 19, 2011, 05:23:43 pm »

Sorry to ask, but I'm unable to find an answer to my question.
How does one playback sacd via mc? If special equipment is required, what is it?
Thanks in advance.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: SACD playback
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 05:57:21 pm »

I don't think anything can play a SACD on a PC.  It's a copy protection issue. 

There are ways to rip a SACD if you have an older PS3, but it's complicated.  Check computeraudiophile.com's forum.

MC can play the files:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/DSD_Format

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 07:28:04 pm »

I don't think anything can play a SACD on a PC.  It's a copy protection issue. 

There are ways to rip a SACD if you have an older PS3, but it's complicated.  Check computeraudiophile.com's forum.

MC can play the files:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/DSD_Format

Also check at Audio Circle Hi Res Forum - this thread - http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=95396.0 for more PS3 SACD information.

Rod

mrboonmee

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 10:53:41 am »

I have tried every settings I can think of and only get 2.0 stereo 44.1khz out of my Multi Channel SACDs.  Using an ATI 5550 video card. My receiver does not do DSD over HDMI. I tried the DoP settings under Video also.

Possible to get all channels of my SACDs?   

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 11:00:40 am »

I don't think you can do that on a PC.  MC won't play SACD's.  It will play DSD, which is the same file format, if you have the files (not on the SACD).  See the DSD topic on our wiki.

Sandy B Ridge

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 12:09:03 pm »

I have tried every settings I can think of and only get 2.0 stereo 44.1khz out of my Multi Channel SACDs.  Using an ATI 5550 video card. My receiver does not do DSD over HDMI. I tried the DoP settings under Video also.

Possible to get all channels of my SACDs?   
I don't think you can do that on a PC.  MC won't play SACD's.  It will play DSD, which is the same file format, if you have the files (not on the SACD).  See the DSD topic on our wiki.
Jim is indeed correct. There aren't any PC drives that can physically read the SACD layer on the disc. The standard CD content is on a different layer. There was one Sony laptop drive a few years ago that supported SACD I think, but that was long ago.
An old PS3 drive with lots of hacking is probably the only reasonable solution to extract the data from the disc.

SBR
Pages: [1]   Go Up