INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Possible to change grouping via search list??  (Read 694 times)

locust

• Citizen of the Universe
Possible to change grouping via search list??
« on: December 20, 2011, 10:13:23 am »

Hi

I am trying to streamline my library, I have managed to squeeze it down to one main view that has panes for everything I need, whilst not being over encumbered. It is orientated around artists and thus grouped by them.. But sometimes I wish to view it in different ways.. Before I had a view that was orientated around labels and grouped by year

I have two custom fields that I use for grouping... The first one is essentially groups by Artist and the other by year, they both contain other information past the main grouping such as; album rating.

The first pane I have is a search list filter pane that that has many different entries that can change the sorting of my view, is there a way to make an entry in the search list that changes how my view is grouped? For instance something similar to ~Groupby=[Custom Field]... 

From my understanding a search list can only re organise what is already generated by the view.. So would a custom control have to be brought in to allow this for example the search list entry would be something like ~Groupby=[Custom Field] ~refresh (Or maybe no ~refresh, maybe that would be automatic if groupby is present).. This would give the search list the ability to refresh the complete view when chosen allowing the grouping to change...

I'm not sure if this is how MC deals with this stuff I am only assuming...

I know I can right click and change the grouping.. But as I use custom fields for grouping it feels like I am fishing for a field each time I delve into the list of fields to change it and feel a search list option could work better

Thank you
Pages: [1]   Go Up