INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Overscan problems/questions  (Read 2019 times)

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Getting older every day
Overscan problems/questions
« on: December 21, 2011, 03:52:59 pm »

My Mitsubishi DLP overscans the image sent by the HTPC, causing the taskbar and other controls to fall off the screen making them inaccessible.  There is no way to defeat this overscan that I know of.

The obvious/common solution is to create a custom desktop resolution in the nVidia driver, but this creates non 1:1 mapping when playing HD content.  madVR confirms it's scaling the image to the desktop resolution. (94%)

Automatic resolution switching sounds like a good solution, but my testing with it showed it didn't return to the desktop resolution all the time, so wasn't a great solution.  It's quite possible I wasn't doing it right.

What else could be done to reconcile this issue?

I'm going thru a Yamaha AVR, which may or may not contribute to the issue.
pretend this is something funny

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Re: Overscan problems/questions
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 04:30:57 pm »

Try the automatic resolution switching again. There was a default setting that was recently added that seems to work better. You can set the default to the custom resolution the Nvidia creates when using its desktop resizing feature. Set the other media types to 1920x1080x32x60 (or whatever your TV needs). This should switch to allow 1:1 pixel matching with movies and return to your custom resolution when done.
Pages: [1]   Go Up